Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Walsh comes across as a bit full of himself in these recent articles. I know he's a bit of a character and he did an unbelievable job here but the soundbites we hear over the last few years are all " this is what I did, it was all my idea and badgered Pearson and Ranieri to sign x, y, z etc "

It's also no coincidence that since he has left, the inside rumours on our transfer targets have dried up, word on the street is either he or his brother couldn't keep it to themselves and regularly gobbed off in the boozer and to people about our targets.

Football positions,is a continual situation of indirect Work applications, Selling oneself.....Football managers/Coaches so it all the time...Each One of them having every moment  to prove themselves to rooms full of the media,demanding and putting their job Competence in question ,asking those questions that fans demand to be asked. Its about point scoring, keeping the cinders of the positive memories burning,its the job.  Look at everybody in management,they are put in the firing-line in every interview,or Analysed everyday through Media campaigns, magazines,daily-papers, Local-radio Interviews from all geographical- location ,on set,training-pitch, ob the bus,in the air, all the positives & negative...

They are indeed all Full of themselves. and who blames them  for their ....'attack-in-defense ,and their own fist on chest pumping'. attitude.!!!!

Everyone of them are One Story short,of either genius,or embarrasing Slip ups,often not failures,But media-controlled, fan-opinionated, ideology of success & failure...Some fans lap up the cynical-soap-side,Reporting that makes or destroy their future Work applications,or even Social acceptance....

often These so called fans missing the real internal Working points of the game,or how  the relevant person,Sets his ideas and tactics in motion,& where he says or admits,where it went wrong,or succeeded in their various positions or tenure of chosen club/team responsibilities.....

We are easy negative in snidey cynical ways,towards other people,especially those in the short limelight and accessible to all..

We seem in modern History Love to take the perspective of .....Blame or failure....in others..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Great Walsh interview. Walsh’s “leaving your beat player on the bench” makes me wonder how much Pearson needed him for more than just scouting.

Not just Pearson .......... was notable that once Walshy left and was no longer sat high up with the lap top crew our in game tactics became more than questionable....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, los dedos said:

At the back of a small cafe towards the rear of a gift shop in the Leicestershire village of Rothley, the unassuming figure of Steve Walsh sits with his wife, Val, quietly drinking coffee. The crumbs of a very-much-enjoyed cake are still on the small plate in front of him.

Thanks for sharing, interesting insight into the other Steve Walsh, but that is probably the worst Athletic article I've read. Tanner needs to up his game if he is going to stay. It was verging on incoherent at times.

6 hours ago, los dedos said:

Article from Rob Tanner about Steve Walsh

Thank you! That was fascinating.

I agree with Walsh about Pogba and Lukaku - they seem like a manager's worst nightmare. I just get the sense they'd be very high maintenance.

Very interesting about AWB, as well. Does strike me as odd that Man Utd would spend that much on a sort of old-fashioned fullback.

Everton fuched up so badly. Wow. Could have had Andrew Robertson, Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans and Erling Haaland, all for about £28m in total. How much would they cost today?

Why on Earth would you poach a talent spotter like Walsh, only to ignore his suggestions? I thought it was weird that Everton's signings were pretty bad after Walsh went there, but this explains it.

43 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Thank you! That was fascinating.

I agree with Walsh about Pogba and Lukaku - they seem like a manager's worst nightmare. I just get the sense they'd be very high maintenance.

Very interesting about AWB, as well. Does strike me as odd that Man Utd would spend that much on a sort of old-fashioned fullback.

Everton fuched up so badly. Wow. Could have had Andrew Robertson, Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans and Erling Haaland, all for about £28m in total. How much would they cost today?

Why on Earth would you poach a talent spotter like Walsh, only to ignore his suggestions? I thought it was weird that Everton's signings were pretty bad after Walsh went there, but this explains it.

Having looked though the relevant thread on the certain forum, there is little time for SW and they generally don’t believe what he’s said to tanner 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Walsh comes across as a bit full of himself in these recent articles. I know he's a bit of a character and he did an unbelievable job here but the soundbites we hear over the last few years are all " this is what I did, it was all my idea and badgered Pearson and Ranieri to sign x, y, z etc "

It's also no coincidence that since he has left, the inside rumours on our transfer targets have dried up, word on the street is either he or his brother couldn't keep it to themselves and regularly gobbed off in the boozer and to people about our targets.

Funny you should say this Ric as I was thinking along verry similar lines. 

I always thought that during his time at Leicester he always came across as someone who spoke relatively well, carefully considered his words before speaking and seemed like quite a genuine guy.

However, having read that article and assuming Tanner has quoted him verbatim, I think I may have misjudged him. I really don't think that article does him any favours whatsoever and if he acts like he comes across I fully understand why Everton showed him the door. 

As you said he does seem to be a bit full of himself, and what surprised me was his attitude towards his profession and how openly he seems to talk about it being a  'job for the boys' as if it should be a given to act that way. The fact that he doesn't appear to have any awareness for what could be construed as morally or ethically questionable actions is rather alarming in such a high profile industry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Having looked though the relevant thread on the certain forum, there is little time for SW and they generally don’t believe what he’s said to tanner 

Maybe they're right, but his hit rate was incredibly high here. Doesn't add up that it would tank so hard in no time at all. I've no reason to think he's making that up out of thin air. I can imagine the higher ups at Everton turning their noses up at relegated Hull or WBA defenders or some Norwegian kid. It's not that far-fetched that they'd prefer higher-profile players than those.

12 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Maybe they're right, but his hit rate was incredibly high here. Doesn't add up that it would tank so hard in no time at all. I've no reason to think he's making that up out of thin air. I can imagine the higher ups at Everton turning their noses up at relegated Hull or WBA defenders or some Norwegian kid. It's not that far-fetched that they'd prefer higher-profile players than those.

But these are the types of players that Walsh brings you. Stands to reason that Everton would have rejected Mahrez and Kante for the same reason? Don't bring Walsh in if you want "big name", overpriced signings surely?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But these are the types of players that Walsh brings you. Stands to reason that Everton would have rejected Mahrez and Kante for the same reason? Don't bring Walsh in if you want "big name", overpriced signings surely?

Exactly. I don't get why they'd hire him and then ignore his advice. Maybe they just wanted to make sure we didn't have him anymore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Funny you should say this Ric as I was thinking along verry similar lines. 

I always thought that during his time at Leicester he always came across as someone who spoke relatively well, carefully considered his words before speaking and seemed like quite a genuine guy.

However, having read that article and assuming Tanner has quoted him verbatim, I think I may have misjudged him. I really don't think that article does him any favours whatsoever and if he acts like he comes across I fully understand why Everton showed him the door. 

As you said he does seem to be a bit full of himself, and what surprised me was his attitude towards his profession and how openly he seems to talk about it being a  'job for the boys' as if it should be a given to act that way. The fact that he doesn't appear to have any awareness for what could be construed as morally or ethically questionable actions is rather alarming in such a high profile industry. 

Yeah, it's irritated me a bit. I had an inkling before when reading stuff from him but these last two articles are something else.