Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

31 minutes ago, Koke said:

When you prefer moneybags Man City to win the league over us, you know we've arrived in the big time. Pretty funny projection by Spurs fans.

"I hate Leicester as much as I hate Liverpool. Fair play to them to win a league title in recent times. But their fans are so entitled to be in the elite, which they really are not, I just cannot stand them. They will not be keeping quiet this season.

Always prefer Man City to win every league title if it cannot be us than any of the other teams"

And what makes Tottenham be in the 'elite' anyway? Not seen them win a Premier League title? 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And what makes Tottenham be in the 'elite' anyway? Not seen them win a Premier League title? 

2 League Cups in 20 years. They've had a couple of good years in the CL but never in a million years are they a supposed "elite" club. 

Guest Markyblue
59 minutes ago, Koke said:

When you prefer moneybags Man City to win the league over us, you know we've arrived in the big time. Pretty funny projection by Spurs fans.

"I hate Leicester as much as I hate Liverpool. Fair play to them to win a league title in recent times. But their fans are so entitled to be in the elite, which they really are not, I just cannot stand them. They will not be keeping quiet this season.

Always prefer Man City to win every league title if it cannot be us than any of the other teams"

To be called entitled by the most entitled fans in football, pure comedy gold at least we have a title win in living memory and not grainy footage in black and white. 

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The second half is silly hyperbole, he knows that as he's writing it, he's going overboard for emphasis, I do it all the time. He's not wrong at his core though, we did lose feebly at OT and we did offer sod all at Anfield. 

As for the first bit, he's even more right. Every point we drop is massive from now on if winning the league is the target. 8 is a lot, we've got to go to Man City soon, it could be 11 before we even play them. 

I'm thrilled we are where we are, it's great, we're there on merit too. And why not dream of a title race, it all adds to the fun. But unless they collapse drastically, they aren't getting caught. They're a runaway train this season, like it or not this is finally Liverpool's year. 

Drastic collapses are part of their DNA. 

How many points did they relinquish last season??? 

Edited by gerrytaggart

11 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

6B6B5E5C-2B29-440C-931F-9048B9DA5CC9.jpeg

When fans of the big three clubs ( i've decided to change it from the big 6 as i feel man u, liverpool and arsenal are historically the top sides and man city chelsea and spurs are short term new money clubs) resort to knocking clubs like ours, we must be doing something right and they're getting twitchy.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I do believe we used to have high expectations based on the O'Neill years but actually, what has made this season and the title win better is that we don't expect to be there and are enjoying it as it goes along.

Yes you'll get some mouthy twats gobbing off but most of us just want us to play entertaining football, show ambition and try and compete at the top. We aren't entitled in the same way the top teams are.

• Like 3

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-leicester-city-premier-league-17347864

Liverpool need to take Leicester title challenge as seriously as Man City's
Three reasons why the Foxes are serious contenders to the Reds at the top of the Premier League

ByDan MorganStaff Writer
09:36, 2 DEC 2019
LIVERPOOL FC NEWS

Leicester City will not go away.

The Foxes are keeping Liverpool modest in their quest for a long awaited Premier League title following their last second winner against Everton on Sunday, once again reducing the Reds lead to eight points.

Many remain unfazed by the challenge of the current second place team, taking their lead from the amount of points Jürgen Klopp's men are ahead of Manchester City instead.

Yet Leicester are not a team Liverpool should take lightly, and there are three key reasons why:

The manager
Liverpool know Brendan Rodgers all too well. Astonishingly, he is still not rated highly by some of the watching football brief, but he is certainly proving any remaining doubters wrong this season.

It is easy to forget that Rodgers has not only encountered a title-challenge at Liverpool, he has won titles with Celtic. The relevance of those titles shouldn't be lessened, he has gone through the process, as well as facing heartbreak in 2013/14 with Liverpool.

Rodgers is clearly skilled in riding the waves of momentum when his team gets in its stride. Liverpool of all clubs should know just what that can potentially manifest into.

The belief
The celebrations at the end of yesterday's stoppage-time winner against Everton were more than a buzz at scoring a late goal, they were a sign of the belief in the Leicester camp.

Quietly, they will be aware they are pulling away from the rest of the chasing pack, and while Liverpool keep winning, there will remain a belief that eight points is manageable.

Whether they can maintain it, if they have to, remains to be seen, but the fixtures seem to keep being kind to them. And with no European football, they can give all their attention to their efforts to once again challenge for the title.

They've done it before
The most hoodwinking, easily forgettable fact about English football in recent times is that Leicester City actually won the Premier League in 2015.

Forgetting the points tally, there are players in that squad who played in pressure-cooker, must win games which they come through to lift the title. Many of those players remain, none more so than Jamie Vardy, who's form often correlates with his teams' fortunes.

Liverpool have also benefited from their domestic and Champions League exploits from recent times, it should not then be lost the importance of it the more Leicester City prove themselves as a genuine threat to the Reds' hopes.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

I do believe we used to have high expectations based on the O'Neill years but actually, what has made this season and the title win better is that we don't expect to be there and are enjoying it as it goes along.

Yes you'll get some mouthy twats gobbing off but most of us just want us to play entertaining football, show ambition and try and compete at the top. We aren't entitled in the same way the top teams are.

I think the accusations are based off us sacking Ranieri and Puel. That our fans demanded more than what borh provided in their last season. Still inaccurate to describe as as wannabe elitist 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

They've won two titles in their entire history. I could list clubs outside the top flight with more than that.

They are just top flight regulars, they don't really do anything else.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Agree with everything tho I don’t remember having that high expectations in O’Neill’s era personally. I was a kid at the time and it blew my mind that we were finishing 9th in the PL and winning League Cups. We had a desperately unfair UEFA Cup experience and when he left for Celtic, it did feel that he’d taken as far as he could, especially with the turmoil above his head at the time (he’d had 3 chairmen in 4 years). 

I so tho remember feeling nauseous when Taylor took over and had us top of the league for 2 weeks, albeit for an international break lol  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They've won two titles in their entire history. I could list clubs outside the top flight with more than that.

I really hate to say it but they are more than that!

Apart from the fan base...they have

8 FA Cups

2 UEFA cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

4 League Cups.

3 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

8 FA Cups

2 UEFA cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

4 League Cups.

Don't forget the REAL reason

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

London biased media. They’ve flirted with success but won nothing since they became the media darlings

11 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

8 FA Cups

2 UEFA cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

4 League Cups.

And 1 Audi Cup.

Or was it Aldi?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Agree with everything tho I don’t remember having that high expectations in O’Neill’s era personally. I was a kid at the time and it blew my mind that we were finishing 9th in the PL and winning League Cups. We had a desperately unfair UEFA Cup experience and when he left for Celtic, it did feel that he’d taken as far as he could, especially with the turmoil above his head at the time (he’d had 3 chairmen in 4 years). 

I so tho remember feeling nauseous when Taylor took over and had us top of the league for 2 weeks, albeit for an international break lol  

We had the briefest of glimpses of what could of been when Collymore partnered Emile in attack vs Sunderland (I think) then Heskey left for Liverpool and that probably made O’Neill’s mind up that he couldn’t take us any further, today it’s very different, we have the infrastructure to have prolonged success (people’s definition of success will always differ) and fantastic owners who always seem to be striving to take us to the next level, somebody wrote somewhere we could become the English equivalent of Servilla, Athletico Madrid or Dortmund, for me as a middle aged City fan that would be success beyond anything I’d ever hoped for.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I think the accusations are based off us sacking Ranieri and Puel. That our fans demanded more than what borh provided in their last season. Still inaccurate to describe as as wannabe elitist 

In both cases there were justifiable reasons. Ranieri's team hadn't scored for six games, were 17th and had just lost at Millwall in the FA Cup- we were in a relegation battle with no signs of improvement. Puel's results had fallen apart and, no matter what the fans thought, he'd lost any relationship with the players which is never going to end well.

It took us a long while to get over the aftermath of O'Neill going and the decline, it will be even bigger when this spell ends but I really don't see our fans believing we are part of an elite. I think we are quite prepared to work for everything we get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ultrafox said:

8 FA Cups

2 UEFA cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

4 League Cups.

Sorry yeah, I meant nowadays. I know they've always won the odd trophy here and there, but in the recent years they are seen as a "big club" literally for just finishing top 6 every season. They haven't won anything since 2007 or 2008 (whenever that league cup win was). Their fan base is big but I'd expect that of a side that plays in a capital City. 

Any club seen as "big" should have more than two league titles in their entire history.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Corky said:

In both cases there were justifiable reasons. Ranieri's team hadn't scored for six games, were 17th and had just lost at Millwall in the FA Cup- we were in a relegation battle with no signs of improvement. Puel's results had fallen apart and, no matter what the fans thought, he'd lost any relationship with the players which is never going to end well.

It took us a long while to get over the aftermath of O'Neill going and the decline, it will be even bigger when this spell ends but I really don't see our fans believing we are part of an elite. I think we are quite prepared to work for everything we get.

lost to 10 man millwall. thats never said,.