Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

46 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It is gonna be really tricky. It's a travesty that Vardy has never won it for us though. Our best ever player never winning player of the year lol

If Vards gets Golden Boot I hope that's enough for him to win POTY, he needs to win it at least once surely lol

YPOTY will be tough too, maybe Chilwell if he keeps his end product up, as Wilf and Madders have won it already. 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Highest we've ever been in the fivethirtyeight world ranking also.

2072329815_53812-4-19.JPG.2da11d50665fcb44eddf69d90cd68f1c.JPG

what is that table, how do they work out the numbers?

to be in amongst some of those teams is insane.

2 hours ago, Crashtoasted said:

A true hero and so important for the team. It was so good to see how much he loved Iheanacho’s goal as well.

9C4F6F73-9B13-4E4A-9437-57AAC6932C8C.jpeg

Makes me laugh every time I see it. Hope he stays forever. We're turning him into the absolute real deal though. Any club in world footy would be lucky. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

what is that table, how do they work out the numbers?

to be in amongst some of those teams is insane.

You don’t want to know  lol  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/

Short version, it’s a number “SPI” to rate each team’s relative strength.  Based on some formula combining results and three statistical measures (adjusted goals and two flavors of xG).  They reset it after each season, so the whole PL got quite a boost from its clubs’ performance in last year’s EL and CL.  We started this season 15 or so spots above where we ended last.

Though it’s a stretch to even rank the top European leagues, they keep adding more countries and lower divisions.  Currently there are 629 clubs ranked, with League Two and USL (US second division) bringing up the rear.

Edited by KingsX

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

You don’t want to know  lol  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/

Short version, it’s a number “SPI” to rate each team’s relative strength.  Based on some formula combining results and three statistical measures (adjusted goals and two flavors of xG).  They reset it after each season, so the whole PL got quite a boost from its clubs’ performance in last year’s EL and PL.  We started this season 15 or so spots above where we ended last.

Though it’s a stretch to even rank the top European leagues, they keep adding more countries and lower divisions.  Currently there are 629 clubs ranked, with League Two and USL (US second division) bringing up the rear.

I suppose its a good a yard stick as you are going to get, to even be mentioned in the same breath as some of those clubs is hugely surreal for me. 

Sorry to post this twice in the same day!  But one does not pass up the chance to share LCFC being ranked in the TOP TEN CLUBS IN THE WORLD.

1833250695_53812-4-19.JPG.aa3941c29c770e53e28bec846600b67c.JPG

Nor does one trust ever to see this again  … but who knows?  Some powerful Karmic thing is afoot and I am slightly in awe.

• Like 2

All its going to take is for Liverpool to slip up and I think we would capitalise on that with a manager like Rodgers.

Last nights game for me had that 15/16 feeling about it for some reason.

Obviously Liverpool are flying at the minute but they cant win every game imo

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

All its going to take is for Liverpool to slip up and I think we would capitalise on that with a manager like Rodgers.

Last nights game for me had that 15/16 feeling about it for some reason.

Obviously Liverpool are flying at the minute but they cant win every game imo

:appl:

• Haha 3

On 03/12/2019 at 13:02, The Bear said:

Merson is just a mouth-breathing retard stealing a living because he's an ex player and a "lad aint he?". 

I like merse but found his comments lately really odd. Throughout our title winning season and survival year he was incredibly complimentary of us and the way we run the club, almost seemed to enjoy it as much as we were. But he was also talking having done his research. This season it’s been the complete opposite and almost seems incredibly bitter. Can tell he hasn’t had a proper look at our squad or done his homework. He was on a sky sports panel last night with o’hara and Clinton Morrison and was pretty harsh on us if I’m honest. Obviously we’d struggle if we lost Maddison and Vardy, but so would every club in the league if you took out their two (of their) best players. 

Enjoyed listening to Clinton Morrison though, went and had a look at some other media work he’s done on us and is far better equipped to talk about Leicester city than most pundits. 

I get that the media is a product but all I ask is that they talk about us fairly having done their research. Most of them can’t even be bothered to see who we signed in the summer or who we have on the bench.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Incredible really what we're doing, to assemble pretty much two different teams for a title win and then an unreal start to this season is nigh on unheard of in such a short space of time.

Yeah, not really been picked up on. To evolve the team and club in the manner we have is incredible. It’s funny really you see all this ‘nonsense’ about top club - well if we pull off a second top four finish in a short spell of time, that’s top club criteria 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I like merse but found his comments lately really odd. Throughout our title winning season and survival year he was incredibly complimentary of us and the way we run the club, almost seemed to enjoy it as much as we were. But he was also talking having done his research. This season it’s been the complete opposite and almost seems incredibly bitter. Can tell he hasn’t had a proper look at our squad or done his homework. He was on a sky sports panel last night with o’hara and Clinton Morrison and was pretty harsh on us if I’m honest. Obviously we’d struggle if we lost Maddison and Vardy, but so would every club in the league if you took out their two (of their) best players. 

Enjoyed listening to Clinton Morrison though, went and had a look at some other media work he’s done on us and is far better equipped to talk about Leicester city than most pundits. 

I get that the media is a product but all I ask is that they talk about us fairly having done their research. Most of them can’t even be bothered to see who we signed in the summer or who we have on the bench.

Problem is like or not Morrison has to

do his homework, be impressive and he gets re-hired for the gig. Merson can ramble on anything and he’s likely to be sat on Sky Sports the next saturday 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah, not really been picked up on. To evolve the team and club in the manner we have is incredible. It’s funny really you see all this ‘nonsense’ about top club - well if we pull off a second top four finish in a short spell of time, that’s top club criteria 

You only have to go through what clubs have finished top 6 in the last 15 years to see how amazing it is.

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

On Merse, I think it started after he watched us play Arsenal off the park in the emirates (but lost 2-1) in the great escape season. He couldn't believe that a team rooted to the bottom of the league could outplay a team like Arsenal on their own patch like that. He changed his stance the following season and wrote us off constantly until March/April when we won the league. Bizarre.

9 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

On Merse, I think it started after he watched us play Arsenal off the park in the emirates (but lost 2-1) in the great escape season. He couldn't believe that a team rooted to the bottom of the league could outplay a team like Arsenal on their own patch like that. He changed his stance the following season and wrote us off constantly until March/April when we won the league. Bizarre.

Brighton a fvcked then.

• Haha 1