Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

The StatsBomb write-up doesn't actually predict us to finish 5th or 4th does it? Just says that there isn't that much that needs to be done to compete for a top four slot again - which is still rather optimistic.

If we finish in the top 5 again I'll get a Brendan Rodgers tattoo lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone watch that BBC programme with Sue Perkins: Along the US - Mexico border? They show her on the Mexico side of the Wall by Friendship Gate, or something, when a local walks straight in front of the camera wearing our grey and gold Adidas away shirt from a couple of seasons ago. Not a tatty Liverpool or Man U shirt anywhere. 

We are massive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

The StatsBomb write-up doesn't actually predict us to finish 5th or 4th does it? Just says that there isn't that much that needs to be done to compete for a top four slot again - which is still rather optimistic.

Quoted for future reference! 

Can we choose where the tattoo is if we do finish 5th... 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Anyone watch that BBC programme with Sue Perkins: Along the US - Mexico border? They show her on the Mexico side of the Wall by Friendship Gate, or something, when a local walks straight in front of the camera wearing our grey and gold Adidas away shirt from a couple of seasons ago. Not a tatty Liverpool or Man U shirt anywhere. 

We are massive. 

Sean on holiday? 

That Guardian article is pretty good to be fair, although I think 7th is a little too high for us this season. With our huge amount of games and our seemingly lack of investment (this may change in the next 3 or 4 weeks obviously) I think we'll be 9th or 10th. Hopefully we can put together a decent run in the EL.

I think Wolves and Southampton will be dark horses this season, neither have European football to compete in, so can focus purely on the league and their players will get the extra 2 or 3 days rest that the top 6 won't have.

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I've already got mine in anticipation of a mid table finish.

download 2.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 04/09/2020 at 12:40, Raw Dykes said:

Surprisingly accurate and well-informed. Can't fault it.

Yeah, there's actually plenty of brilliant, researched and well-informed sports (and football) journalism out there. 

The problem is we tend to only remember the bile that the ex-players spout in their "analysis", previews and opinions across papers, TV and radio. Just because someone played for England 20 years ago doesn't mean they know much more about the game today than any fan with a season ticket to a club and a Sky Sports subscription.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spudulike said:

We are massive. 

Might be the centre back from Honduras we apparently signed and then never arrived 

'Impossible' - What Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani has said about Leicester City
The Foxes have a model of 'stability and sustainability' that Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani aspires to

ByJordan Blackwell
08:22, 10 SEP 2020

Leicester City have a model of “stability and sustainability” that Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani aspires to.

In the six years since their promotion from the Championship, City have established themselves as a regular in the top half of the Premier League, clinching an astonishing Premier League title in 2016 before disrupting the top six again last season.

Leeds are back in the top flight after a long absence, and while there are high hopes at Elland Road, their owner Radrizzani has ruled out an “impossible” rise into the European spots in the way City have done.

However, he is still looking at the club as a shining light.

“It’s impossible,” Radrizzani told Associated Press when asked if the Whites had European aspirations. “It would be wrong to do it because there is no foundation to do that.

“So obviously, there are teams that have done an unbelievable story like Leicester, but Leicester is an example also of stability and sustainability over time.

“But I think we need to be realistic about what our possibilities are now, and our objective is to stay in the Premier League.

“We need to keep that objective and motivation in our mind, to work hard to be where we were 20 years ago.

“But also at the same time knowing that the world has changed and we need to work in a different way.”

City have not played Leeds since a Carabao Cup tie in 2017, and face them this season on October 31 at Elland Road, and on January 30 at the King Power Stadium.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/impossible-what-leeds-united-owner-4501705

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

'Impossible' - What Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani has said about Leicester City
The Foxes have a model of 'stability and sustainability' that Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani aspires to

ByJordan Blackwell
08:22, 10 SEP 2020

Leicester City have a model of “stability and sustainability” that Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani aspires to.

In the six years since their promotion from the Championship, City have established themselves as a regular in the top half of the Premier League, clinching an astonishing Premier League title in 2016 before disrupting the top six again last season.

Leeds are back in the top flight after a long absence, and while there are high hopes at Elland Road, their owner Radrizzani has ruled out an “impossible” rise into the European spots in the way City have done.

However, he is still looking at the club as a shining light.

“It’s impossible,” Radrizzani told Associated Press when asked if the Whites had European aspirations. “It would be wrong to do it because there is no foundation to do that.

“So obviously, there are teams that have done an unbelievable story like Leicester, but Leicester is an example also of stability and sustainability over time.

“But I think we need to be realistic about what our possibilities are now, and our objective is to stay in the Premier League.

“We need to keep that objective and motivation in our mind, to work hard to be where we were 20 years ago.

“But also at the same time knowing that the world has changed and we need to work in a different way.”

City have not played Leeds since a Carabao Cup tie in 2017, and face them this season on October 31 at Elland Road, and on January 30 at the King Power Stadium.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/impossible-what-leeds-united-owner-4501705

Good to hear some realism from the Leeds camp. Honestly everything else I’ve read about them thus far has them nailed on top 7. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting he has chosen to ignore Wolves, who have come up and been remarkable in their 2 seasons in the PL. What we have done is obscene but Wolves have come up and instantly been a force and backed it up.

Yeah, I'd prefer if all the focus was one Wolves.

PS, Don't let's turn this topic into another Wolves' one though :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting he has chosen to ignore Wolves, who have come up and been remarkable in their 2 seasons in the PL. What we have done is obscene but Wolves have come up and instantly been a force and backed it up.

Radrizzani hates us I reckon. He went crying to the EFL in our promotion season because of the Mendes link up. (Along with Derby IIRC). They told them it was all above board and they flounced off. 

Guest Markyblue

Wolves have been great...but need a trophy,  the usual suspects are rebuilding and its gonna be so tough for us and wolves to win anything,  even the "league cup" is monopolized by the greedy c...s.

10 hours ago, Crashtoasted said:

Good to hear some realism from the Leeds camp. Honestly everything else I’ve read about them thus far has them nailed on top 7. 

They’re shit club. And you would think the sheer amount of time spend festering in league one would have made their fans see this. Sleeping giant my arse. Here’s hoping they completely **** it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katy said:

TalkSPORT are carrying on about Leeds being in the Prem like the second coming. The only people who care are Leeds fans. 

My mate has just had a Leeds tattoo (the actually tattoo is brilliant) but he’s had Champions 2020 in it. 

Is this the massive Leeds Utd? The Leeds Utd that have just won the Championship and are celebrating like they’re the champions of England. I dreaded Liverpool winning the PL but Leeds winning the Championship has been far worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1