Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Chris Sutton's future living standards rely on him making ridiculous statements. All four of them on those sofa's were mediocre if pitted against today's standard but three of them didn't feel the need to open themselves up to ridicule like Sutton.

Sutton is like the mouthpiece of the third tier pundits, his punditry heights have emulated his playing career.

48 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Chris Sutton's future living standards rely on him making ridiculous statements. All four of them on those sofa's were mediocre if pitted against today's standard but three of them didn't feel the need to open themselves up to ridicule like Sutton.

Sutton is like the mouthpiece of the third tier pundits, his punditry heights have emulated his playing career.

He’s a Poundland adrien Durham which is pretty damning ..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

16 minutes ago, dayday said:

Anybody remember Walshie elbowing Sutton?

• Like 3

Part which hurts Celtic fans is that it’s a big sign that they are now irrelevant to the wider footballing world. It’s as simple as that. 

They are now part of the food chain and previously they’ve been the predator. 

And Celtic don’t get 60,000 every week. Before Rodgers crowds were average at a level, we will achieve with the stadium extension. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Part which hurts Celtic fans is that it’s a big sign that they are now irrelevant to the wider footballing world. It’s as simple as that. 

Does that matter though. Football is about rivalries and bragging rites, something we don’t have. Who really cares if we beat Man City or Chelsea, those games are just a blip on their seasons

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Does that matter though. Football is about rivalries and bragging rites, something we don’t have. Who really cares if we beat Man City or Chelsea, those games are just a blip on their seasons

It clear does for them as rather than question why Rodgers has left, we are the target for their abuse. 

They are hating that a club they have perceived as being below them has successfully tempted their manager away 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Liverpool and Arsenal.

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And Celtic don’t get 60,000 every week. Before Rodgers crowds were average at a level, we will achieve with the stadium extension. 

I’ve had a particularly hilarious twitter “debate” for the last 3 days with a Celtic fan trying to prove we’re insignificant Little Leicester and that they’re the bigger club. 

Of course they’re the bigger club. But when we’re poaching their manager and they’re developing our players for us, there can’t really be any question over who is superior

I mean, they lost out out on a player to Aston ****ing Villa in the summer!!

Rangers going bust is the worst thing that ever happened to Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Historically we were always part of the food chain.

We lost Dalglish, Hay, Nicholas, McClair, McAvennie to England long before the EPL.

In years before Rodgers we saw the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster, McGeady all leave when big money offers come along.  I'm sure the likes of Tierney, Ajer, McGregor, Edouard etc will all do the same.   There are very few Celtic fans who are not well aware of the predicament.

Oh and our average gate last year was 57,600.  Yep, they went up under Rodgers from Deila and Neil Lennon's first reign but they are still less than the 59,000 we got under MON.  

Edited by g67

6 hours ago, g67 said:

I suspect then that you know next to no serious Celtic fans for you to have made your comments.    Believe me wInning a triple treble or ten-in-a-row is massive in Scotland - huge.  Outside of Scotland that might not mean much to yourself but your team winning the Premiership really wasn't that big a talking point up here although I accept totally it was a great achievement.  I have nothing against your club but I wouldn't swap your history for ours and I don't know any Celtic fan who would.  I totally understand if Leicester fans feel the opposite.    19 years ago we came and took your manager in a different era.

Celtic's turnover last year including Champions League income was £100M.  Your club will get that from TV money alone this year.  Add on gate receipts, sponsorship, prize money etc and the fact of the matter is Leicester City is a far wealthier club than Celtic.  Instead of having to pick up player for £3M or £4M, Rodgers will have serious money to spend.  He will also get to visit the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates etc and play in a top notch environment both at home and away.  At Celtic he does get to play in front of 60,000 every week, European football and take part in of the great/bitter sporting rivalries.  But that attraction can only last so long when a third of our away games in the league are on plastic pitches and you have stadiums such as New Douglas Park with only two stands.   Week in week out, facing Harry Kane, Aguero, Pogba and Mo Salah and thats a much bigger attraction than Scottish football. 

I think the song about Rodgers sang in a pub last week was vile.  I condemn it totally.  But do Celtic fans have a right to feel let down by Rodgers ? Yes they do.  Imagine you get a new manager.  Who stands and says how much he loves Leicester City, grew up watching Keith Weller and Frank Worthington and its his dream job.   He does well, he gets you into Europe and you win a League Cup.  He writes a book about living the dream and how he can't believe that he's in the dugout of a club he is so passionate about.  Three quarters into the next season, you're in 6th place and about to play an FA Cup semi-final against West Ham.  The next thing you know is that manager is at New White Hart Lane saying that the Spurs job was too good an opportunity to miss.  Would most folk on here be peeved to say least (or salty as you put it) ?  Too right they would.

On another note  you have a future star in Benkovic

Remove the word manager with player and you could almost be describing Emile Heskey when he left us for Liverpool in March 2000.

We learned to live with it.