Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

8 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Remove the word manager with player and you could almost be describing Emile Heskey when he left us for Liverpool in March 2000.

We learned to live with it.

I get you but it wasn't the same as Rodgers to us.

Heskey never claimed to be a City fan (in fact, he's grown to become one. But he never was as a kid)

And he moved undoubtedly to a bigger club, for more money and for trophies. 

There's not even an argument that Celtic are a bigger club. They are miles and miles ahead of us in support and profile.

But we are richer via TV money and as the G67 guy says, pit our wits against the best each week.

I totally get their annoyance. But totally get why Rodgers did it.

On 02/03/2019 at 18:27, Ron Combo said:

Exactly. Spouting 'controversial' bollox like that will just get him more game (tv pundit) time. More tv time and social media exposure means more appearance fees. Who knows, with the general dumbing down and explosion of media outlets he might even reach the sunlit uplands of MoTD?

Not true, people reacting to the bollocks he spouts will lead to more tv time and social media exposure. Ignore the sad little man and others of his ilk and hopefully he will stop playing this ludicrous character or disappear like his England career.

10 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Remove the word manager with player and you could almost be describing Emile Heskey when he left us for Liverpool in March 2000.

We learned to live with it.

I seem to remember Leicester fans not taking the decision of Brian Little to leave too well.   In fairness you had every right to.  I have also listed a load of other players who left Celtic without animosity.  The comparision with Heskey and Rodgers isn't the same.  I'm not aware of Heskey - and other folk on here can correct me if I'm wrong - giving it how big a Leicester fan he was and that by playing at Filbert St he was living the dream.  

Edited by g67

11 hours ago, g67 said:

I seem to remember Leicester fans not taking the decision of Brian Little to leave too well.   In fairness you had every right to.  I have also listed a load of other players who left Celtic without animosity.  The comparision with Heskey and Rodgers isn't the same.  I'm not aware of Heskey - and other folk on here can correct me if I'm wrong - giving it how big a Leicester fan he was and that by playing at Filbert St he was living the dream.  

True, I remember his first game back with villa. However I would say over time he has been largely forgiven with people understanding his reasons and appreciating what he did for us. Do you ever see Rodgers being forgiven once the dust settles and people realise why he made the decision, and what he brought to your club?

That Saturday Savage show is terrible, but having Chris Sutton on there makes Savage look like a proper pundit. 

The guy is a complete amateur. When Celtic are about to be knocked out of Europe, give it a watch because listening to him squirm is fantastic. He loses any impartiality and descends into an angry fan and it's great. That's probably why they employ him, it's a bit like the old Sky fanzone.

17 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

True, I remember his first game back with villa. However I would say over time he has been largely forgiven with people understanding his reasons and appreciating what he did for us. Do you ever see Rodgers being forgiven once the dust settles and people realise why he made the decision, and what he brought to your club?

Depends.  If we win the league and the cup then probably the anger amongst most will subside.   If we blow them, especially the league, then it may continue for some time amongst more sensitive ones.  Irrespective of what happens I hope it dies down.  At the end of the day Brendan's done what he has done.  And you get on with it - we have better players than our rivals and an eight point lead so its up to us to put the resources to the right use and win the remaining competitions.  

I was aware (quite a few of us were) that he wasn't going to be here next season and that Leicester City could well be his destination.  But very few of us thought he would do it just now.  But its happened and everyone at Celtic has to get over it.  Sitting there moapping and being angry about it will change nowt.   

I'm sure things such as the Invincible season and the drubbings of Rangers will get the nostalgia going at some point.  

Edited by g67

On 03/03/2019 at 15:41, g67 said:

next thing you know is that manager is at New White Hart Lane saying that the Spurs job was too good an opportunity to miss.  Would most folk on here be peeved to say least (or salty as you put it) ?  Too right they would.

lol lol lol not the best example ever used. 

No one has to leave some of us just hate them cvnts and would love to see them go bust. 

Second thoughts if Frank McClintock or Peter Taylor get the gig I may raise a glass or two. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

That Saturday Savage show is terrible, but having Chris Sutton on there makes Savage look like a proper pundit. 

The guy is a complete amateur. When Celtic are about to be knocked out of Europe, give it a watch because listening to him squirm is fantastic. He loses any impartiality and descends into an angry fan and it's great. That's probably why they employ him, it's a bit like the old Sky fanzone.

Chris Sutton is just a thick cabbage farmer.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Have a feeling that Sky had and now BT employ him for his humorous actions, than his actual punditry skills.

Much prefer Jeff Stelling, during any day of the matchday week - he can be humorous (but actually funny with it), sets a professional standard as the main presenter, able to communicate normally with the on-show Sky pundits such as Paul Merson etc and is down-to-earth.

• Like 2

A pretty good discussion on City. Cliff notes: Brendan, Puel, our young players, transitioning into another style, Vardy, Schmeichel, Morgan being influential, Tielemans, Benkovic, Rudkin etc.

You won't get this kind of sensible discussion on Sky or BT by Chris Sutton and Souness.

Skip the intro, it begins at 3:40

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

A pretty good discussion on City. Cliff notes: Brendan, Puel, our young players, transitioning into another style, Vardy, Schmeichel, Morgan being influential, Tielemans, Benkovic, Rudkin etc.

You won't get this kind of sensible discussion on Sky or BT by Chris Sutton and Souness.

Skip the intro, it begins at 3:40

I like tifo football and they're mostly clued up but they seem to think we played exactly the same under Puel as we did under Shakespeare and Ranieri. The transition from Puel to Rodgers will be fairly smooth

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

I like tifo football and they're mostly clued up but they seem to think we played exactly the same under Puel as we did under Shakespeare and Ranieri. The transition from Puel to Rodgers will be fairly smooth

Yes that is true. Unfortunately that myth is being repeated over and over again by people outside City circles. It's quite lazy and cliche to say that. 

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yes that is true. Unfortunately that myth is being repeated over and over again by people outside City circles. It's quite lazy and cliche to say that. 

It’s because 90% of games actually watched by people who aren’t our supporters are against the top six sides who don’t allow us to have the ball 

makes you wonder what the football journos who attend the games are doing during the 90 mins .......

however, there is a difference between having possession and controlling possession where it matters ....... playing simple square passes side to side for five minutes is both but it doesn’t threaten ..... we do need to become comfortable playing triangles in the opposition half and not looking under pressure to keep possession in areas which will potentially hurt the opponent 

Im not sure if this goes in here, but lol, im reading about "Elvises".... "Elvii" performing in England and up pops this pic :)

Eddie Vee performing at a pub in Hull, 2016

Eddie Vee performing at a pub in Hull, 2016. This was a tough gig as Vee had to compete with an important football match on the TV. Ever resilient, he played a three-hour show and eventually won over the crowd.

The pic is a bit small, but i think its Leo?..anyhoo the link is here :)

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2019/mar/05/forever-elvis-the-kings-of-england-in-pictures

Edited by ozleicester

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im not sure if this goes in here, but lol, im reading about "Elvises".... "Elvii" performing in England and up pops this pic :)

Eddie Vee performing at a pub in Hull, 2016

Eddie Vee performing at a pub in Hull, 2016. This was a tough gig as Vee had to compete with an important football match on the TV. Ever resilient, he played a three-hour show and eventually won over the crowd.

The pic is a bit small, but i think its Leo?..anyhoo the link is here :)

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2019/mar/05/forever-elvis-the-kings-of-england-in-pictures

Might be Elvis Hammond? 

• Haha 1

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:21, Master Fox said:

Anyone see John Hartson calling out Brendan for making him look a “complete fool” lol

He needs no help looking like a fool if his commentary is anything to go by.

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

Interesting they highlighted the amount of chances that Puel's Southampton created but could've convert. Sounds very familiar.

The Hollow Man … good description.