Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Putting to one side the size of the club, what more did Rodgers have to achieve by staying at Celtic?

This talk of the “treble treble” is nonsense - all its saying is he had the opportunity to finish something he’d already done twice. If another employer offered me more money to do a similar job but offered me the chance not to do literally exactly the same thing I’d already done twice (with next to no challenge) I, and anybody else with a shred of ambition, would be all over it.

Absolute no-brainer for Rodgers.

Edited by ttfn

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Putting to one side the size of the club, what more did Rodgers have to achieve by staying at Celtic?

This talk of the “treble treble” is nonsense - all its saying is he had the opportunity to finish something he’d already done twice. If another employer offered me more money to do a similar job but not offer me the chance to do literally exactly the same thing I’d already done twice (with next to no challenge) I, and anybody else with a shred of ambition, would be all over it.

Absolute no-brainer for Rodgers.

Exactly. All the talk of a 'treble treble' says to me is that the club are finding things far too easy and there's no competition around. There comes a point where domination can become embarrassing.

I played some Street Fighter with my dad and my brother last week. Me and my brother played it to death as kids, so we're pretty good. My dad is fuching useless. I go easy on my dad to keep it competitive. I have to pretend to be much worse than I actually am. It's not much fun. My brother leathers the living shit out of him every time and he ends up sulking. I only enjoy playing my brother as we're evenly matched. My point is; any sort of competition where you cannot lose is no fun. It's no surprise that any Celtic manager wants to leave them, at least until Rangers are back to the level they were.

10 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I really good article except it failed to address the fundamental issue with Puel’s reign. Appalling results against weaker sides especially at home.

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Exactly. All the talk of a 'treble treble' says to me is that the club are finding things far too easy and there's no competition around. There comes a point where domination can become embarrassing.

I played some Street Fighter with my dad and my brother last week. Me and my brother played it to death as kids, so we're pretty good. My dad is fuching useless. I go easy on my dad to keep it competitive. I have to pretend to be much worse than I actually am. It's not much fun. My brother leathers the living shit out of him every time and he ends up sulking. I only enjoy playing my brother as we're evenly matched. My point is; any sort of competition where you cannot lose is no fun. It's no surprise that any Celtic manager wants to leave them, at least until Rangers are back to the level they were.

Tell your dad to grow up. lol

But seriously I seen a clip of Brendan Rodgers when he was Liverpool manager telling the players "if it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing".  No one give a hoot about Celtic doing the treble treble outside of Celtic. Winning seven domestic trophies in 2.5 years, the SPL as good as in the bag and the only thing stopping them winning the cup is one bad performance. Rodgers Celtic side went 67 domestic games without losing, the lack of real competition takes the edge off you. 

No one wants to spend their career in the SPL when they could perform at a higher level. Every win Rodgers gets at Leicester will be hard fought  and a worthy win. He'll work with better players and have more ammunition in the transfer market. Any success he gets here will be hard earned and worthy of competition. I can understand why he went to Celtic as his next job after Liverpool because in many ways it's not that much of a step down but if you're too good for the SPL then you can only stomach that for so long if you want to test yourself rather than be comfortable and coasting. 

• Like 1

I wasn't even aware that they'd done the treble the last two seasons - that's how little significance the two cups have. A treble-treble is a decent achievement but given how poor Scottish football is in general - outside of maybe 5-6 teams - it's no 'legendary' feat like Celtic fans seem to claim.

Even the 10-in-a-row thing they're banging on about shows how insignificant their own achievements are. They've not even made it it 8 yet but are seemingly so confident of hitting 10, it basically shows that the league itself is a given for them. Even then, half of those titles came whilst their only real competition was languishing in the lower divisions.

If they had some sort of European success - even a Europa league final - to shout about then fair enough, but they fail to deliver on that stage repeatedly.

How glorious would it be if Rodgers can guide us into Europe in the next couple seasons and we get drawn against them lol

21 minutes ago, Xen said:

I wasn't even aware that they'd done the treble the last two seasons - that's how little significance the two cups have. A treble-treble is a decent achievement but given how poor Scottish football is in general - outside of maybe 5-6 teams - it's no 'legendary' feat like Celtic fans seem to claim.

Even the 10-in-a-row thing they're banging on about shows how insignificant their own achievements are. They've not even made it it 8 yet but are seemingly so confident of hitting 10, it basically shows that the league itself is a given for them. Even then, half of those titles came whilst their only real competition was languishing in the lower divisions.

If they had some sort of European success - even a Europa league final - to shout about then fair enough, but they fail to deliver on that stage repeatedly.

How glorious would it be if Rodgers can guide us into Europe in the next couple seasons and we get drawn against them lol

Europa League qualifiers and we absolutely ruin them lol 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Europa League qualifiers and we absolutely ruin them lol 

It’s clearly inevitable. 

• Like 3

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the demise of Claudio at Fulham has lead to the discussion of our 'blood doping' being brought up again by a few on twitter :facepalm:

Way I see it.... back in 15/16 everyone was doing it, so not really sure why people bring it up against us? 

And if those people are insinuating that we used actual PED's rather than just blood doping, there's absolutely zero chance we could have got away with it! lol 

He does go on to apologise for getting the date wrong lol 

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-mafia-turf-war-that-is-leicester.html

Seems obsessed with us again for some reason. Makes absurd claims and provides no evidence, just blanks out words to make it more mysterious and believable. 

He/she will enjoy the lawyers coming after them if this continuation of spouting vile insists. 

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-mafia-turf-war-that-is-leicester.html

Seems obsessed with us again for some reason. Makes absurd claims and provides no evidence, just blanks out words to make it more mysterious and believable. 

Oh not this nuttjob again.

It seems quite plausible reading through some of it - bent refs, players and agents controlled betting markets because of the huge swathes of cash being lumped on weekly all over the world. I can kind of see that.

The bits about Arsene Wenger not going along with their whole in house game on his own and having a media campaign chucked at him and the refs never favouring them because he didn't make sure his players don't get <5 corners when asked or whatever is absurd.

Also that song which appeared on there a week ago made me close the tab. He's opinionated and biased in his views, he could be onto something but I think he's an isolated individual who makes alot of stuff up to get attention on a blog site

Here's the song(can't put into quotation box because on phone [sorry]) -

Heh, don't wanna be involved in this one, huh?
This here is gonna be a blues number.
But first I wanna do a little bit of background on the blues
And say what it is.
Like, there are 6 cardinal colours
And colours have always come to signify more than that particular shade.
Like: "red-neck" or "got the blues."
That's where you apply somethin to a colour, to express what you're trying to say.
So, there are 6 cardinal colours: Yellow, Red, Orange, Green, Blue, and Purple.
And there are 3, 000 shades.
And if you take these 3, 000 and divide them by 6, you come up with 500.
Meaning that there are at least 500 shades of The Blues.
For example, there is...'
The "I ain't got me no money, blues".
There is the "I ain't got me no woman, blues".
There is the "I ain't got me no money AND I ain't got me no woman".
which is the double blues.
And for years it was thought that Black people was the only ones who could get the blues.
So the blues hadn't come into no international type of fame. (...had a corner on the market.)
But lately we had.
Iago Malgranda with the "Football Leaks" Blues".
We had the Premier League board talkin' bout the "Leadership Vacuum Blues".
And we gonna dedicate this next poem here to Gekko the Lizard.
The commander in terms of this supposed football outfit. (He GOT the blues.) *laughter*
And the poem is called the "H O V E  A L B I O N G-A-T-E Blues".
And if HOVE ALBION is still HOVE ALBION
And G-A-T-E is still gate
What we gettin ready to deal on is the
"HOVE ALBION GATE Blues"... (Yeah YEAH haha) *scattered applause*
(Rated X!)
Lemme see if I can dial this number...
Click! Whirr ... Click!
"I'm sorry, the football team you support is inoperative ...
Click! Inoperative!"
Just how blind will Britain be?
Football is on the edge of its seat
Defeat on the horizon. very surprisin'
That we all could see the plot and still could not...
Just how blind, Britain?
Just as Team Sky exploding in the race
motor, jiffy and dope (Uh Oh!)
Could not stop a sport determined to be free.
Just how blind will Britain be? (Yes Sir!)
The shock of King Richard's volte face
Sent football's power-brokers scurrying down Gloucester Place
And when the roll was called it was:
Key Sports, Stellar and Base
Wasserman Sports Management and Unique (a new face)
Ask them what they're fighting for and they never mention the betting economics of sport.
Football Warfare!
Above all else destroy the sport!
If we can abuse these matches
We'll fix events and starve the game!
The Premier League!
The international Jekyll and Hyde
The league of a thousand disguises
Sneaks up on you but rarely surprises (Yeah!)
Plundering  English football games from both sides
in the name of Fu Manchu.
Afraid of stateless, undernourished hackers
While we strike big commercial deals with bookmakers,
The enemy of the game.
Just how blind, Britain?
But tell me, who was around where Vichai died?
And what was the cause of Emiliano Sala's untimely demise?
And what really happened to Agent Orange?
The King is proud of Mike Riley
While Britain's faith is drowning
beneath that cesspool - HoveAlbionGate. (Yeeeah!)
How long will the citizens sit and wait?
It's looking like Europe in '38
Did they move to stop Hitler before it was too late? (no...)
How long Britain before the consequences of
Keeping the refereeing body segregated
Allowing the press to be intimidated
Watching the price of everything soar
Abiding insider trading 'cause the rich want more? (Alright!)
It seems that Malgranda, and not his lady, went mad
We've let him eliminate the whole Premier League
Reality's the only thing we can't inflate
While club workers go on without a new minimum wage.
What really happened to Agent Orange?
And there are those who say Britain's faith is drowning
Beneath that cesspool - HoveAlbionGate.
How much more evidence do the citizens need
That football has been sabotaged by trickery and greed?
And, if this is so, and Leicester City didn't win
Let's do the whole goddamn league season all over again! (YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!)
The obvious key to the whole charade
Would be to run down all of the games they played:
Remember Saint Gary and the BBC, the slaughter of BT Sport,
UKAD in London knowing nothing about Jamie Vardy at this time
In the past. As I recollect, HoveAlbionGate and Calciopoli.
The suppression of free media to block off the news.
Danny Murphy's televisual interference
in the image of John Wayne.
Premier League, Championship, all top tiers of the sport.
Hundreds of unregulated matchfixing events.
The chaining and gagging of Dr Mark Bonar -
Somebody tell these footballing mafia to be for real!
We recall all of these events just to prove (Yeah!)
That while HoveAlbionGate Blues wasn't no news!
The thing that seems to justify all of our fears
Is that all of this went down in the last five years.
But tell me, what really happened to Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha?
While Britain's faith is drowning
Beneath that cesspool - HoveAlbionGate.
We leave the UK to ponder the image
Of justice from its new wave of football leaders.
Gekko the Lizard, the Math school graduate
Owner of HoveAlbion, whose ignorance
Is surpassed only by those who appease him. (Hahahaha)
Iago Malgranda, imperial Napoleonic Secret Agent.
Who took over from Al Capone and
Continues to implement the same tactics.
Gary Lineker. Harry Redknapp.
Michael Owen. Gary Neville -
An almost endless list that won't be missed when at last
The Premier League is purged (Yeah! Alright)
And the silent FA with Leicester City
still in command.
But see the sauerkraut Mafia men
deserting the sinking Premier League ship and
Their main mindless, meglomaniac Ahab.
Webb has blown. Moss has blown, no tap on his telephone,
Webb has blown. Moss has blown, no tap on their telephones.
Clattenburg, Barratt, Moss and Dean
It follows a pattern if you dig what I mean.
Clattenburg, Barratt, Moss and Dean
It follows a pattern if you dig what I mean.
And what are we left with now?
Bumper stickers that say Free the HoveAlbionGate 500.
Spy movies of the same name with a cast of thousands.
And that ominous phrase: that if Gekko knew, Iago knew! (check it out!)
But Iago didn't knew enough to get out while he still could.
What really happened to Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha?
And there are those who swear they've seen King Richard (who? who?)
King Richard
(who?)
King Richard
(who?)
King Richard
(who?)

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

If that rubbish is true how come we bothered to do this....

Neil Lennon has revealed that he was sounded out by Leicester City about the prospect of becoming caretaker manager.

https://videocelts.com/2019/02/blogs/latest-news/lennon-reveals-his-leicester-talks/

14 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

Dunno why Celtic are so angry, they should be ecstatic we've just doubled their transfer budget for the summer. :fishing:

Not so fast!  That will go to the new hotel their building at Parkhead. Priorities.