Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Another problem is that many of these pundits have multiple jobs so you'll hear it on TalkSport, then on BT, then of Five Live tomorrow night and probably in a couple of papers too.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

He's only there to instigate a reaction to keep 606 and BT Sport relevent. I've only really caught him before on Sunday evening 606's where I need background noise on and it's the same formula - come out with crap, get some numpty mad enough to call in, troll and repeat; it's an entertainment business.

Exactly. Spouting 'controversial' bollox like that will just get him more game (tv pundit) time. More tv time and social media exposure means more appearance fees. Who knows, with the general dumbing down and explosion of media outlets he might even reach the sunlit uplands of MoTD?

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Was it Chelsea who Chris Sutton was playing for when he joined Celtic?

Things change Chris. Ask Hazard or Kante if they would be interested in joining Celtic over Leicester now?

Chelsea sold Sutton to Celtic because he was a massive flop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Chelsea sold Sutton to Celtic because he was a massive flop.

He only scored one goal for Chelsea which is why his only option for a move was the equivalent of our division 1. Wasn't long before he was found out at Chelsea for being  the average (at best) footballer that he was. Still don't understand why his opinion is actually taken seriously. 

I must admit that I wasn't one who would be looking forward to the Rodgers appointment, but thanks to the likes of Sutton, Rod Stewart and many other Celtic supporters I'm now delighted that he's joined us and welcome him aboard.

I've never liked Sutton, and his insistence in this program of projecting his comments louder than the other pundits really gets my goat. My son (who supports Norwich) was a big fan of his, it's always been good ammo for a wind up from me. Sutton's dad  a teacher at the school my daughters attended and he isn't having such a good time though with Dementia...(I think I'm heading down the dementia path myself but not looking to blame anyone) Sutton considers Gordon Taylor should have done more with the PFA as the study into links between repeated head injuries to footballers and dementia was shelved for about a year, but has been reinstated. Sutton's level of bitterness seems to know no boundaries.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Just listening to 606 and a ranting Celtic fan. Other than dropping the F word he claims that thousands of Celtic fans are coming to Leicester to support the away team !! :rolleyes:

I think he’s a had a good drink. Said Celtic v Rangers is a bigger game than Real v Barca :blink:

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

They aren’t, are they, let’s be honest. 

All getting a bit boring now this. I think the only reason it’s getting held on to so much by their fans and the media is because it’s probably the most exciting thing to happen in Scottish football for the last 15 years. 

It’s not even funny it’s the ****ing truth. 

Jesus wept Chris Sutton is an absolute no nothing, no mark nobhead. I mean seriously, what an absolute pleb? Celtic reserves are probably league 2 standard, Celtic are probably championship standard. At the end of the day big club yada yada who gives a shit? Must be dull as dishwater managing Celtic, my nan could do it and she's been dead 17 years. Scottish football is the absolute Pitts. I'm glad Lescott laughed Sutton out of the building because he talks actual shit. It dribbled from his mouth, down his chin and stinks the place out wherever he goes. PS. Without Shearer he was feckin wank too. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Corky said:

Robbie Savage's remarkable change in stance on us should be mentioned. This time last week we should accept where we are and back the manager because it's where we've been for around 20 years, now we're a fantastic club showing real ambition in getting a new manager in.

Not sure of his own show he presents in the morning before BT Final Score starts.

Think he's best just commentating on the games he's been told to watch and update the viewers on, solely; as beginning to think he's saying things to wind certain fans up in the heat of the moment that isn't actually his own points inside him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Here's the Chris Sutton thing in full

Hes bitter about it all. He needs to wear his nappy and move on. It's not like he left em when they was fighting to stay up he gave em 7 league trophy and gift wrapped this one too

On 27/02/2019 at 13:02, UpTheLeagueFox said:

lollol I appreciate you and the other Puel fanboys didn't like the uncomfortable truths I posted so maybe I'll do it less in future lollol

Please don't ever refrain from posting the uncomfortable truths. Some don't appreciate your honesty but I do. Please continue to say it as you see it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Robbie Savage's remarkable change in stance on us should be mentioned. This time last week we should accept where we are and back the manager because it's where we've been for around 20 years, now we're a fantastic club showing real ambition in getting a new manager in.

He does it to antagonise Sutton. He always deliberately takes the opposite viewpoint to Chris Sutton. 

I'm seeing this as Chris Sutton as being very childish. He has every right to disagree with Brendon's decision, that's a matter of opinion. But to make comments like like that is more or less the same as being in the playground arguing who's daddy is bigger. (Yes I mean father's nothing rude, you dirty lot!). 

Saying one team is bigger than another is all subjective. What if Celtic were in the prem with prem money, would they be a Chelsea/Spurs/top 6 type of team or they could easily be a Newcastle. That's down to how a club is ran, not how 'big' you are. You just don't know. But to say Celtic Reserves are bigger than Leicester is just taking it a little far and is very disrespectful and unprofessional. I would count us as a mid table side with bags of potential and ambition to challenge the top 6. But we're not there yet and there are other teams in the same position.