Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

At least in the case of Sky -- I don't see how you could win that side of the debate.  OK, it's too sensitive to act hurt and obsess about it.  But it strikes me as a carefully considered business practice.  Somebody is editing the shows.  Somebody is boss of the comms and pundits, directing and evaluating them. In discussing results, the table, and individual players, isn't LCFC given far less time than richer but currently far less successful clubs?  With exceptions rare enough to be very noticeable.

NBCSN's advertising and pundits do give us a proportion of coverage closer to our current stature as a playing unit.  The contrast is striking.

* caveat -- I'm saying this as someone with limited exposure (NBC broadcasts of Sky Sports News and transfer day are not things I return to, nor do I seek out their social media clips unless posted on here).

Interesting. I get most of my coverage through DAZN here, and while for the most part it's a good service, Leicester is buried in the coverage.

You get the "b*g s*x" and the usual European suspects (Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG) as your front page selection for specific team coverage. If you want anything from Leicester, or any non "b*g s*x" club, you have to navigate the menus to find your specific league, then scroll to find them.

They have done some nice little pieces on us - the 2016 championship and Jamie Vardy mostly - but those are normally just run during our games. Otherwise, you wouldn't know we existed when we're not live on air.

Joke's on them though - everybody I've met who knows about football here knows something about us and our team since 2016 - most of the interest in the PL in the neighbourhoods I've been in is passive, with a lot more La Liga and Serie A fans (makes sense, those neighbourhoods are mostly Spanish, Portugese and Italian folks). But where interest is garnered we're part of the conversation. A surprising number of folks I know think Maddison in particular is a baller. :cool:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

A lot of posts doing what we're hammering wham fans for. They've got some good players. Bowen or Antonio probably walk into our team on the right, soucek would offer us something different at the base of mid. Coufal is also looks good, but we're pretty set in that position. 

They're suffering with rice, the same way our fans did with chilwell. He's decent, but they wont regret selling him for a fortune. 

Edited by Fktf

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

A West Ham fan:

"We have better players than Leicester overall. They have a few that would get in our 18 or XI, but not many. It'll be even less once Moyes has finished building his squad.

The major difference is that they are small enough to be comfortable cheating to narrow the gap. Horrible, scummy club. Decent owners though. :thup: There's elements of their club that we can look upon with envy, but nothing of significance. I'm happier with our lot, I've got to say. There's no way they'll sustain it. They're basically the new Southampton. They'll be gone in a few years."

Haha. West Ham fans crack me up. The “West Ham Way” no one knows what that means! 

Half a decent season with nearly £300m spent and stadium on lease and they think they’re relevant. Ok sunshine. 

5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You're right. Here's one reply:

"You can't be serious?

Schmeichel, Pereira, Castagne, Fofana, Justin, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy would all walk into our team. And the only reason Ndidi doesn't get in is we've got one of the only players that matches him in that role in Rice."

Aside from Ndidi being obviously better than Rice, that's a fair assessment, although they've forgotten to mention Cags and Evans, who'd also walk into their side.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I'm calling you out on this one Geoff.

You've got your media tinted specs on and you're the one talking bollocks here IMO.

They absolutely want to keep the 'big 6' as the top 6.

I am more than happy to call out the media when I think it's fit and proper and have done so plenty of times, here and elsewhere.

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one.

Arsenal / Spurs / Chelsea (for example) outside the top six, and therefore having a bad season, is a decent story for the media.

As an aside, if we continue over the next few years to make the progress we've made since 2015 then the 'big six' media narrative will certainly change. We're not close to it yet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fktf said:

A lot of posts doing what we're hammering wham fans for. They've got some good players. Bowen or Antonio probably walk into our team on the right, soucek would offer us something different at the base of mid. Coufal is also looks good, but we're pretty set in that position. 

They're suffering with rice, the same way our fans did with chilwell. He's decent, but they wont regret selling him for a fortune. 

They have got some good players a, no question and they are having a brilliant season. I would love to see them get into Europe with us and kick another one of the bigger boys out.

However, Bowen on the right aside, I still don’t think a fully fit XI anyone in there team makes our XI.

Big fan of Antonio, but he’s not Jamie Vardy, Soucek is having a brilliant season too, but does he play over Tielemans?

Coufal another decent player but he isn’t Ricardo and Cresswell should be getting into the England squad at LB, but when JJ or Castagne are fit he wouldn’t make our team.

I don’t think it’s disrespectful to say we have some outstanding players who I wouldn’t swap for west hams good players.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We have taken points off every team in the 'big 6' this season. They play Spurs, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal in their next five games. If they're still in the mix then, I tip my hat. 

Spurs, Man City, Leeds, Man U, Arsenal, Wolves and then us is their next 7...that’s pretty bloody tough! 

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Funny how West Ham fans aren't moaning about GSB and Moyes now. 

They definitely are.

This one stupid post about XIs aside, the thrust of the thread is that the difference between them and us is we’re not run by cretins...

It’s a good thread, complimentary and generally pretty well considered, albeit grounded in the fairly standard belief that their football team is better and more important than it really is (see also: every other fan on the planet).

What we’re doing is the equivalent of them taking a match thread post from @lcfcsnow and writing three pages about how Leicester fans are all miserable bastards...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

An interesting concept, and not a bad set of metrics for where everybody is placed.  I can’t read the Athletic article that shows its workings, but I’d be thrilled to understand how they measured player quality, which puts Spurs above Man City and Liverpool, and Villa above us...:unsure:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KFS said:

Ok all jokes aside don’t tell me any of these fvcking players get in our XI lol 

CF9176DD-B664-4970-A472-9466B32BE9CB.jpeg

Lanzini if he was back at his best, which he isn't, so no-one.

Edited by Steven

52 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The crowd measure is a bit questionable because it's clearly affected by how big are the capacity of the club's stadiums.

17 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

An interesting concept, and not a bad set of metrics for where everybody is placed.  I can’t read the Athletic article that shows its workings, but I’d be thrilled to understand how they measured player quality, which puts Spurs above Man City and Liverpool, and Villa above us...:unsure:

I can only assume there is a time period over which the metrics were developed. Trophies won is over last 20 years (we're above Spurs 😀), but we only returned to the Premier League in 14/15. Similarly Man City's dominance is relatively recent. 

The one that fascinated me was: "global fanbase" as we're 7th and only outside the rich six. Compare that to (two European Cups) Nottingham Forest who are 31st. I hope the club are trying to exploit that in terms of commercial revenue. 

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Funny how West Ham fans aren't moaning about GSB and Moyes now. 

100% this. It was as recently as at the start of this season they were pretty much all crying in to the phone ins saying the owners had destroyed the club and Moyes was taking them down. I’ve got no issue with them being proved wrong that’s just funny and good to see another smaller club at the top end of the league but the stuff they’re currently spouting is just pure deluded nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

They definitely are.

This one stupid post about XIs aside, the thrust of the thread is that the difference between them and us is we’re not run by cretins...

It’s a good thread, complimentary and generally pretty well considered, albeit grounded in the fairly standard belief that their football team is better and more important than it really is (see also: every other fan on the planet).

What we’re doing is the equivalent of them taking a match thread post from @lcfcsnow and writing three pages about how Leicester fans are all miserable bastards...

Well my Mrs and all her family are West Ham and funnily enough they haven't moaned once this season, and they were at all the GSB out protests last season.

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Clearly a Spurs fan if he thinks Spurs have the strongest squad in the league. I mean, really? That's delusions of grandeur. In his opinion we have the 12th strongest squad 😂 I refuse to take anything like this seriously when Spurs are ranked above us.

• Like 1