Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not sure, but I think you may be in the minority in that way of looking at it.

I always thought it meant that a player is better than what that other team already has. Maybe I'm wrong.many 

Many of our players are elite.  We have a dozen players who would be welcome additions to any other squad

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

A West Ham fan:

"We have better players than Leicester overall. They have a few that would get in our 18 or XI, but not many. It'll be even less once Moyes has finished building his squad.

The major difference is that they are small enough to be comfortable cheating to narrow the gap. Horrible, scummy club. Decent owners though. :thup: There's elements of their club that we can look upon with envy, but nothing of significance. I'm happier with our lot, I've got to say. There's no way they'll sustain it. They're basically the new Southampton. They'll be gone in a few years."

Hahaha this is word for word what Saints fans were saying and look how that turned out. 

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

One of the most overrated players ive ever seen in my life is old Declan. No way near good enough to play for an elite club like the sort he always seems to be linked with

Declan Rice is a weird one who appears to be both vastly overrated and underrated at the same time - those who like him talk about him like he’s prime Kante and the best player ever in his role, those who don’t like him call him shite and can’t see what he does for the team.

The truth is he’s a decent, hard working midfielder who would play week in week out for most premier League teams, but is not at the level of the very best holding midfielders. I would put Ndidi in that Fabinho, Ferdnandinho bracket - Rice doesn’t quite have the presence on a pitch yet.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

A West Ham fan:

"We have better players than Leicester overall. They have a few that would get in our 18 or XI, but not many. It'll be even less once Moyes has finished building his squad.

The major difference is that they are small enough to be comfortable cheating to narrow the gap. Horrible, scummy club. Decent owners though. :thup: There's elements of their club that we can look upon with envy, but nothing of significance. I'm happier with our lot, I've got to say. There's no way they'll sustain it. They're basically the new Southampton. They'll be gone in a few years."

Wow surely some West Ham fan on their put him straight, that’s a mental claim lol 

26 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol Yeah, they did. I posted one here from someone who lists a lot of players who would walk into their team, but they think Rice is better than Ndidi.

Aha! I see West Ham's problem then... The complete inability to see World Class talent!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That, I'm afraid, is bollocks.

Yes the media focus more on the top six than anything else - bigger fanbases mean they sell more papers, gets more clicks etc - but suggesting they want to keep the top six the same isn't true.

I'm calling you out on this one Geoff. You've got your media tinted specs on and you're the one talking bollocks here IMO.

They absolutely want to keep the 'big 6' as the top 6.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

One did I think but said Ndidi doesn't get in the team over Declan Rice🤔

Yeah had a read a couple definitely argued it in fairness, but it’d be like any of us saying not many Man City players get in our team.

The Ndidi vs Rice thing is funny it’s basically only West Ham fans backing Rice, pretty much every neutral seems to rate Ndidi higher but they won’t hear it, they probably see him the same way Villa fans see Grealish so it’s no surprise.

Surely the whole thing with West Ham this season is that they're greater than the sum of their parts?

Thats to be applaud but that West Ham quote above just looks makes him or her look silly trying to compare us and them player for player.

Edited by Nalis

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Hahaha this is word for word what Saints fans were saying and look how that turned out. 

Ings, Ward-Prowse. That is all. And even then, they'd be bench players when Vards and Ndidi are fit. lol