Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao Cup aka EFL Cup aka League Cup Thread 2018/19

24 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The penalty was clear cut yet the Chelsea players were still moaning..

Offside decision was correct too ..

Maybe took a long time though ?

Next season..Players harassing  the ref,delays VAR (communication between ref and VAR-officials)...Yellow and fine.!!!

once VAR is called for players,they should withdraw, 2 captains control their players,IF NOT.. Manager and team lose xxx% of their gameday wage!

#ref withdraws to halfway line...time wasted by players put on stadium and VAR screen!!!

# or ref draws a line with his marker,giving himself space to organise VAR,if any player crosses it Yellow!!!

How stupid and childish the Chelsea players looked....!!!  The ref should have asked the GK if he would prefer red,when he carried on discussing,after

actually withdrawing then going back,because 2 teammates carried on.....

#So yellow.. Then after the game if it is seen they harass the ref longer than 12 seconds. Game ban!!!I

#Even if it's half the team,or they try to be clever and take turns!!!

# If players totally ignore the withdrawal request, penalty anyway...even if offside!!! Fk 'em

Also in international games...get the whining  S.American,Spanish and Italian players off the refs back...

It's players whining that wastes time..not VAR.. Intimidation intended..!!

I don't mind the emotion..it's the deliberate attempt to undermine the ref after 10+ seconds of idiot players running from the other side of the pitch,

Aggression/intimidation  intended...Book & f#ck  'em!!  Dano!!I

My meds are sinking in...:bounce:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Haven't rated what I've seen of that Chelsea goalkeeper all season. Never been a £70m player.

Why go diving in there, just stay on feet.

Happens a lot though doesn’t it. Foster v Vardy this season. Bilbao must be laughing they’ve managed to get £70m. Especially when you compare him to Allison.

• Like 2

Just now, Bert said:

Happens a lot though doesn’t it. Foster v Vardy this season. Bilbao must be laughing they’ve managed to get £70m. Especially when you compare him to Allison.

Yeah, exactly. Especially with someone like Vardy I don't get why they still do it after all these years (especially Foster being so experienced now). 

Guest MattP
24 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surely Chelsea need a striker on the pitch? Have nothing in the box.

They probably should have spent the Jorginho money on a decent striker.

It would have kept Kante in his normal position as well, what Sarri is doing to him is absolutely criminal. Who takes the best player in the World in a position and changes him into a completely different one? Crazy.

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's almost like a FIFA (in my case 2010) technique for scoring goals. They really should have reprogrammed it by now. Too easy for the striker.

41 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surely Chelsea need a striker on the pitch? Have nothing in the box.

Arrogant ex-banker,trying to show he can play the percentages..!!

they have quality strikers..play them ffs. 

or he s looked at Leicester and thought it was great  tactics and not injuries,why we don't play a striker.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Was it?

skys.jpg.ddd26a5c8527cfab2f860667a700ef49.jpg

Well the angle they shown at the time on VAR he was onside, how many angles do they have? Is there still an unwritten rule that benefit of doubt goes to the attacker?

However saying that, VAR is only supposed to change 'clear and obvious' errors, as it was so close should the original call of offside stand. Like 'umpire's call' in cricket.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Well the angle they shown at the time on VAR he was onside, how many angles do they have? Is there still an unwritten rule that benefit of doubt goes to the attacker?

However saying that, VAR is only supposed to change 'clear and obvious' errors, as it was so close should the original call of offside stand. Like 'umpire's call' in cricket.

That's a good point, if in doubt the referees/linesmen decision stands. I'm not sure though, why they can't have a camera at every metre down the side of the stand so they can almost track the ball, it's not really that difficult in this day and age is it. 

Edited by yorkie1999