Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao Cup aka EFL Cup aka League Cup Thread 2018/19

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Too much class?

The bloke intimidated referees to a ridiculous extent, openly let his players like Keane shout and scream at them, he put pressure on international managers not to pick his players and didn't talk to the BBC for 20 years because a reporter had the temerity to do his job.

Ferguson had no class at all.

:appl:  and cos it's really true....you get another..:appl:

Guardiola is quite a respectful and empathic individual; his comment here demonstrates this, tbh:

"I am off for a glass of wine with Nigel Clough. I know how important his father was for English football, he was a genius. Incredible. It will be a pleasure to share some minutes with him."

Can't imagine Mourinho, for example, ever saying this if his team had ever won so emphatically..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Not having this idea that you should take it easy against weaker teams if you start winning.

Nah, fvck that, go for their throats. I was really pissed off at Germany in Brazil 2014 for stopping at 7-0 and not really attacking anymore. They should have gone for 10 and absolutely ended that whole team. 

It works to their advantage anyway. If they'd only won 2-0 say, they'd still have to put a shift in for the next game. At 9-0 up, they can put the kitchen staff out there and still comfortably see the tie through resting everyone in the process.

Can't believe people are really taking a pop at Man City scoring nine.

I only switched over when it got to seven. I only actually cared about the match because it was the equivalent of rubbernecking at a car accident. "Oh what's this? Someone 7-0 up with 22 minutes to go." It actually only got exciting when they started getting to mental numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Am I right in thinking that if Chelsea get through our game against Brighton gets put back a day to the Wednesday? 

No, if Tottenham go through it gets moved to Wednesday.

Reason is that Chelsea vs Brighton is Sunday 24th February. If Chelsea get knocked out of the league cup they will play that PL game meaning Brighton play on the Sunday. So our game vs Brighton would move to Wednesday to give them 3 days break.

If Chelsea go through then the Chelsea vs Brighton game is postponed and allows us to play Brighton on the Tuesday.

• Like 1