Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

16 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Think it`s you that has been consuming something strong Psycho ! Chilwell has improved a lot this season looking every inch a top class left back now.

He's talking about Gray...

Thought Chilwell looked good. It was clear other players were happy to sit on the lead in the last few minutes when he overlapped but looked very composed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, holyfox said:

Great that Chilly got on and he kept it pretty simple and did well. I just wish they’d brought in Gray aswell. It would have given him a real lift, so I hope he doesn’t have a sulk that he didn’t get a cameo 5-10mins like Chilly. Saturday will be interesting! 

I think it will be the opposite. He will see how close he is and it will spur him on to keep working at it. Saying that, I am not entirely sure where he would fit into the England team.

As for Ben, was so chuffed for him seeing him come on, but annoyed at Rashford who missed a couple of what could have potentially been two good runs from him. I guess they only had a couple of days to work together though! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I think it will be the opposite. He will see how close he is and it will spur him on to keep working at it. Saying that, I am not entirely sure where he would fit into the England team.

As for Ben, was so chuffed for him seeing him come on, but annoyed at Rashford who missed a couple of what could have potentially been two good runs from him. I guess they only had a couple of days to work together though! 

We should be breaking the bank to buy Rashford.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

We should be breaking the bank to buy Rashford.

They wouldn't sell him, same reason the board won't sanction the sale of Martial, they don't trust Mourinho.

(Fair as well given he cleared out Salah and De Bruyne from Chelsea for less than he paid for Fred)

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

They wouldn't sell him, same reason the board won't sanction the sale of Martial, they don't trust Mourinho.

(Fair as well given he cleared out Salah and De Bruyne from Chelsea for less than he paid for Fred)

Not to mention his attitude towards Lukaku. 

44 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

United won't sell him.  They are planning for life after Jose.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think both the above are pretty on the money. There was talk of selling him to a club outside the PL in the summer. Kid just wants game time maybe a cheeky January bid of say £40 million ?

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Nope hes been much better this season . I didn’t say he’d been awesome just improved massively as I think the past couple of seasons he’s been really poor . 

He's managed to cut out/reduce those moments where he'd do too much trying to impress to stay in the team. He now is a better team player and a better player all round 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's managed to cut out/reduce those moments where he'd do too much trying to impress to stay in the team. He now is a better team player and a better player all round 

Yep that’s why I think he’s improved so much and his work rate tracking back is also much better 

• Like 2

The unpopular at times decision to stick with Chilwell is bearing fruit and rightfully so; we've seen the potential for years.

It's a great age to be a Leicester supporter; we ought to embrace the excitement of having fresh-faced English internationals plying their trade at the KP.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Was brilliant watching him and Maguire play this evening! Shame Gray didn't get a chance, given Welbeck, Rashford and Kane did F all

Yeh it annoyed me that. Only a friendly and Southgate knows what Kane, Lingard etc can do so i dont see why he didn't give Gray 20 minutes at the end. Totally pointless bringing on Lingard and Kane! 

14 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh it annoyed me that. Only a friendly and Southgate knows what Kane, Lingard etc can do so i dont see why he didn't give Gray 20 minutes at the end. Totally pointless bringing on Lingard and Kane! 

Don't start me on that? Absolutely zero point bringing on players who he knows what they are capable of. It's an international friendly, try fringe players and give them a chance to prove what they can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a normal progression... its great that chilly is getting this experience.  He has away to go...but this shows him that if he continues to improve his game he could be first choice in a couple if seasons.  He needs to get a personsl coach to develop his skils... decision making and habits to those of an elite player

Edited by foxinsocks