Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

IMG_20180912_205631.jpg.41480f654cff7111bf31f3ff30c0f8ff.jpg

The full article 

Good collection...interesting!!!

To think some of our own fans ,didn't believe he was worth taking a chance on...

So far he's paying that faith back,to the ones like me..who believe in giving potential some time and patience,just like Puel has done..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

To think some of our own fans ,didn't believe he was worth taking a chance on...

Not unreasonable to think, he ‘s had some terrible games defensively and it took a while for him to start providing something in the opposition half too. 

Players don’t develop in a linear fashion, fortunately it looks like he’s reslly kicked on but there were (and are) valid concerns about him, you can’t put blind faith in players. Chilwell has done very well recently and we all hope that continues but he’s probably had more bad games than good games for us. Credit to Puel for persisting with him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not unreasonable to think, he ‘s had some terrible games defensively and it took a while for him to start providing something in the opposition half too. 

Players don’t develop in a linear fashion, fortunately it looks like he’s reslly kicked on but there were (and are) valid concerns about him, you can’t put blind faith in players. Chilwell has done very well recently and we all hope that continues but he’s probably had more bad games than good games for us. Credit to Puel for persisting with him.

You look you see,if there is something..You balance and weigh up potential,then yes you put blind faith in players,especially when they are

Not even 22 yrs of age.  That's where this forum slips up..on young talent,they forget age...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ben-chilwell-england-debut-liverpool-15138705

pathetic article from the Liverpool Echo trying to use Chilwell’s rise to praise a scouting system that never got close to signing the man in question!

To be fair their recruitment has been excellent. Spent bucket loads, but on good players, unlike certain other clubs.

59 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ben-chilwell-england-debut-liverpool-15138705

pathetic article from the Liverpool Echo trying to use Chilwell’s rise to praise a scouting system that never got close to signing the man in question!

Not to mention that they've even said that part of the reason Liverpool looked at him was because Klopp and Wagner are mates.

Some scouting network eh?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Koke said:

IMG_20180912_205631.jpg.41480f654cff7111bf31f3ff30c0f8ff.jpg

The full article 

Comes across well. Think I've mentioned before that somebody at my work used to work for the FA as a player liaison/coordinator. Spent a lot of times with the under 21's. He said Chilly was a really nice young lad with a good family etc.

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

Very sensible post.

He will be one of the best left backs in the league in a couple of years.

Puel's strategy and vision has all of a sudden become very apparent- he plays the long game and we are starting to see it bear fruit. If the club as a whole continues to develop and improve as it has over the last year, the future looks very bright indeed.

Once again, the owners appear to know better than the majority of our fans (myself included- I was amazed he survived the Palace horror show) when it comes to making the big decisions on who's in charge. Incredible really.

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

He will be one of the best left backs in the league in a couple of years.

Puel's strategy and vision has all of a sudden become very apparent- he plays the long game and we are starting to see it bear fruit. If the club as a whole continues to develop and improve as it has over the last year, the future looks very bright indeed.

Once again, the owners appear to know better than the majority of our fans (myself included- I was amazed he survived the Palace horror show) when it comes to making the big decisions on who's in charge. Incredible really.

Yes! More credit to the owners and the higher powers that be in the club for sticking by him when everyone was calling for his head.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What they've been trying to do has been apparent from the off, at least quite a few of us have been saying as much. The issue has been getting the short term results to allow him to implement that strategy. And I'm still not convinced we'll continue to get the results that will allow him to do that. But I've been behind his vision all the time.

Completely behind the vision, but the implementation? Jury's still out on that but certainly looks so much better this year, which is to be expected given he's had some time.

10 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Yes! More credit to the owners and the higher powers that be in the club for sticking by him when everyone was calling for his head.

I and many others,I presume don't like being tarred,with the same brush...

not everyone,not the majority..but a minority of groaners,blind to talent growth,unable to understand potential,and not give up on it.!!

No my friend..not  everyone...only those who believe,and insist attacking young potential players,just to prove some wonky theory that

they are better talent seekers,than the club relevant staff. Posters who arrogantly believe judging 20-22 yr old are finished products,and

are not allowed errors or mistakes.  ..I for one always believed, Chilwell showed more progress and had better games than this forum minority

gave him credit for.... Oh and there are a few More young ones coming through, Gray for example....So learn from this and stop your boring

Yapping....support the young guns...stop moaning and Over analysing,every single error,football is full of them....Support them for once!!!

Time,patience,and spotting and waiting for those peaks where slowly potential shines through....

Like instructing young Apprentices,it takes time..4-5 yrs,then that's only the start,new mistakes have to be conquered,where then skill and quality

Becomes more dominant...

Some will fail,some will make various, good but not their dream level,still making an excellent entertaining level,but not PL hights,though still good.

Others,a few will crack it and be admired ,well supported when their potential is realised  at  PL/international hights.

Even then some will drift...

Social media..great forum for young and old farts ,who take it on themselves,to degrade any growing talent before it's had decent time to blume...

With a player With Vardy's..path,Wes Morgan's career,Simpson's hiccups,Fuchs 2nd chance,a Rekindled Huth,a drowning Drinkwater,

a Schmeichel,fighting his father's shadow,A skinny little Algerian,suddenly finding his dancing shoes,

an aging ,ground hitting  Japanese,who smiled his way to our hearts...

It surprise me these negative campaign posters,and cheap low budget journalist hopefulls,still carry on and put themselves in the laughable

Position of getting fat every season,on eating humble pie......like the song..

"When will they ever learn"....They  fking  ain't and never will be  EVERYONE..:jump::jump:

It took me yonks,and so much pain ,to reach perfection....

My full potential will be reached successfully when I take my last sigh..:frantics:

So give youth it's time to breath and develope..

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What they've been trying to do has been apparent from the off, at least quite a few of us have been saying as much. The issue has been getting the short term results to allow him to implement that strategy. And I'm still not convinced we'll continue to get the results that will allow him to do that. But I've been behind his vision all the time.

Yeah, valid point- I could see the change in tactics being brought through slowly and he certainly placed faith in youth. I didn't think he'd get the results which would buy him time though, which is why that Arsenal win was so important- it showed many who were doubting him and starting to lose faith that we could play high intensity attacking football under him- I gave him the benefit of the doubt after that and thought he deserved at least the summer. It all seems to be coming together quicker than I thought it would though.

12 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Comes across well. Think I've mentioned before that somebody at my work used to work for the FA as a player liaison/coordinator. Spent a lot of times with the under 21's. He said Chilly was a really nice young lad with a good family etc.

I know someone's who used to coach him in the academy, said the same thing, really nice lad with a good head, feet firmly on the floor. 

• 2 weeks later...