Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

Last season he was poor. He was naive defensively, offered little in regards to end product going forward and was so one-footed it was painful.

This season, so far, he's been good defensively and is more of a threat going forward.

I'm still concerned by his right foot though. He refuses to use it even when changing direction or dribbling. If he wants to reach the next level he has to improve that.

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Sessengon got in ahead of him, which would be wrong imo

Shows the levels between championship and premier league because Sessegnon hasn’t looked that good at all.

He’s obviously young and will be a great great player in the years to come

he 100% won’t be getting a call up for the next squad.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Shows the levels between championship and premier league because Sessegnon hasn’t looked that good at all.

He’s obviously young and will be a great great player in the years to come

he 100% won’t be getting a call up for the next squad.

He should be in the U21 like foden. fast tracking rashford has done him no good. He hasn’t  played regularly for the seniors but would have been played consistently in the U21 first eleven. If you have a teenage superstar who is tearing it up consistently in the league then by all means play him in the full squad but these kids need to progress through the age groups to gain tournement experience on the pitch, not the sidelines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Last season he was poor. He was naive defensively, offered little in regards to end product going forward and was so one-footed it was painful.

This season, so far, he's been good defensively and is more of a threat going forward.

I'm still concerned by his right foot though. He refuses to use it even when changing direction or dribbling. If he wants to reach the next level he has to improve that.

Totally totally disagree, last season wasn't poor,he had good and bad  games and was developing,if he becomes a one foot wonder,I will be happy.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2018 at 20:41, HankMarvin said:

Lots or Criticism earlier on from most, glides forward with the ball and has massive amounts of Stamina

I wonder if he will end up being and attacking player as he gets older, much like Bale 

Good point,worth keep track,and hold that thought. Such players around Europe have developed their position-choice over the last few years.

Not only Bale.

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Sessengon got in ahead of him, which would be wrong imo

Sessegnon got converted into a Left inside forward / winger last season though, so he probably isn't a direct replacement. If anything Luke Shaw is the one most likely to be picked ahead of him as he's been decent for Man United despite their poor start.

But don't overlook the importance of both Gray and Chilwell having played for Southgate at U21 level. He has past history in going back to those players with Lingard and Loftus-Cheek being notable picks in recent months.

I expect the call up myself personally because Ashley Young despite his name isn't getting any younger and Danny Rose has failed to make the left back spot his own at international level.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sessegnon got converted into a Left inside forward / winger last season though, so he probably isn't a direct replacement. If anything Luke Shaw is the one most likely to be picked ahead of him as he's been decent for Man United despite their poor start.

But don't overlook the importance of both Gray and Chilwell having played for Southgate at U21 level. He has past history in going back to those players with Lingard and Loftus-Cheek being notable picks in recent months.

I expect the call up myself personally because Ashley Young despite his name isn't getting any younger and Danny Rose has failed to make the left back spot his own at international level.

that is a bit ambitious. But good luck to you!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Tell you what, the lad could get a few goals if he gets his shots off a little earlier, the chance he had against Southampton would have been better if he’d lashed at it after his first touch 

Aye. Soon as he works on this he'll be one of the best.

• Like 1

We're three game into the season and those that exercise caution when a player isn't playing well need to do the same when a player is. He's been much improved but it's early days yet, he'll still make mistakes and he'll still be frustrating.

However, I do think it's telling that we had almost no bother on his side against Southampton, they were attacking down their left towards Amartey very often.

15 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

He's not good enough defensively yet, but the fact some people are even thinking about it shows the improvement in his game in the last year

He hasn't been at fault for any of the goals or many of the big chances so far though which is already good. Definite improvement.