Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

Looked calm composed and assured and didn't give possession away at all. Will be tough for him to get a regular place in the squad with Rose and Shaw ahead of him but I'd say he should be 3rd choice now for England and if he continues playing well he could give Rose and Shaw a run for their money. Certainly done his chances no harm tonight 

• Like 1

Really pleased for him and proud of him. He's made a good start to the season, and fit into that side straightaway.

Would have loved him to burst forward and done some damage, but it's his senior debut at his home ground and he looked concentrated, calm and like he'd always been there. 

Go on Chilly ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Looked calm composed and assured and didn't give possession away at all. Will be tough for him to get a regular place in the squad with Rose and Shaw ahead of him but I'd say he should be 3rd choice now for England and if he continues playing well he could give Rose and Shaw a run for their money. Certainly done his chances no harm tonight 

Agreed he is probably third choice, luckily for Chilly both Rose and Shaw are prone to injury so sooner or later he’ll get a proper shot 

Chilwell's in a great team if he plans to displace Rose and Shaw: a team where the full backs are often the most important players where the manager has a reputation for youth development and shows and has shown faith even under difficult times. After his drastic improvement from last season I wouldn't bet against him.

• Like 2

Nice that Chilwell got on and I’m pretty sure he will eventually get more minutes as Rose is 28 and while that isn’t past it I reckon Shaw and Chilwell will be scrapping it out in the future for the left back spot as both younger . I also wish Gray had got a few minutes as I think he has improved massively so far this season and it would have given him a confidence boost . Plus the players Southgate played and bought on we have seen before and know all about and for me games like this should be for trying different players .For example why bring Henderson on we all know what he can do , I am not slating Henderson but we need to look t different players 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I didn't watch the game how was chilwell

Pretty tidy. He didn't really rampage forward often, maybe once or twice, he looked better in possession playing some nice fast balls into feet and generally being safe going forward seeing the last 15minutes out at 1-0 op. Defensively not really tested, there was one moment where it was dragged across to his backpost where he had to see the ball out but didn't really connect with the ball and it went out for a goalkick.

No calamities and looked confident importantly, didn't look out of place at all

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Nice that Chilwell got on and I’m pretty sure he will eventually get more minutes as Rose is 28 and while that isn’t past it I reckon Shaw and Chilwell will be scrapping it out in the future for the left back spot as both younger . I also wish Gray had got a few minutes as I think he has improved massively so far this season and it would have given him a confidence boost . Plus the players Southgate played and bought on we have seen before and know all about and for me games like this should be for trying different players .For example why bring Henderson on we all know what he can do , I am not slating Henderson but we need to look t different players 

Gray improved ‘massively’ this season - you been on the pop mate?