Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

Wolves (H) match thread

7 minutes ago, Will1981 said:
  1. James Maddison : 7.60
  2. (SUB) Jamie Vardy : 7.17
  3. Ricardo Pereira : 7.14
  4. Ben Chilwell : 6.95
  5. Demarai Gray : 6.93
  6. Kasper Schmeichel : 6.79
  7. Wilfred Ndidi : 6.51
  8. Harry Maguire : 6.47
  9. Adrien Silva : 6.09 - Dropped
  10. (SUB) Vicente Iborra : 5.94
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho : 5.88 - Dropped
  12. (SUB) Rachid Ghezzal : 5.83
  13. Wes Morgan : 5.50 - Dropped
  14. Daniel Amartey : 4.53 - Dropped

From the Man Utd match ratings thread, Proof that Puel reads Foxestalk.

No it proves he's clever enough ,to use early season to test the strength of his squad,still expecting his selection to be strong enough.

for this he has to be plauded....He will have ideas,for home selection and away choices...

flexibility is the choice word,for early season..

• Like 1

I think we are weak in the second midfield position next to Wilf. I have reservations about all of our options there. But whoever gets it, they need a run of games. It is pointless changing every week. Let’s make a call and give it a handful of games. Let’s not still be chopping and changing in October. 

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yeah, sure sounds like he's about to be sacked...

Could even be as simple as looking at Southampton last season after axing Puel. Puel had them turning out solid enough displays and, for all they lacked an abundance of excitement and goals, he was arguably very unlucky to lose his job. We've done the opposite, given him time and financially backed him and his methods that have been proven at multiple sides in France.

I was very encouraged by some of the play at United and we were creating good chances away at last year's runners up. Maddison and Ricardo thoroughly impressed me too. Hopefully we can kick on today and put in another strong performance and get off the mark with 3 points. 

Edited by LCCFox96

Mendy gets around the pitch well to close down quickly and is very committed. I would imagine Puel has gone for him so between Nidid and Mendy they will hopefully prevent Neves and Moutinho controlling the game, with Maddison dropping in to stop Neves having time on the ball when he drops deep.

I like Mendy, but it's obviously a slightly defensive decision, even though we are playing at home. Can't help but think this game/opposition would have suited Silva more than the one at Old Trafford.

In any case, I'm blindly optimistic as always! Mendy to play a blinder!

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

Expect this to function as a 4 3 3 really. Gray and Vardy slightly ahead of Maddison,  with Albrighton holding as a wide midfielder and Ndidi covering the space behind Gray too.

I quite like the sound of that.