Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Vardy red is not a sending off

Was it a red?   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a red?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, smr said:

Mike Dean is still a twat though. Amount of times our players were fouled and not given anything, yet they were, that was throughout the game.

I’ve said elsewhere considering the red card challenges given this past week and if you have Mike Dean in charge, just don’t be stupid. You make any challenge with a hint of recklessness, Dean will have you he loves it. If you get chance have a look at himself celebrating playing advantage on our 2nd goal. 

The Neves elbow was baffling mind. If you ever played football, you’ll know that you always accidentally catch players when you choose your arms for balance. Maddison was always in the motion of turning when Neves arrived. It was a natural collision of the sport. 

Similarly Dean’s baffling waving away of a penalty shout where Costa barrelled into the back of Chilwell off a short corner. It was a foul to us but Dean signalled no penalty !

Definite red, but it wasn’t deliberate or malicious from Vardy it was a bit “enthusiastic” and he overstretched leading to him injuring an opposition player. You have to be in control of your actions and show a duty of care to your fellow athletes to ensure their safety. That comes first if a ball is there to be won then go win it but if you injure someone in the process then there will be consequences. Especially at 2-0 up in the game you don’t need to be flying around and into tackles like that.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The thing is by the laws of the game, we wouldn’t win an appeal on that sending off now. You will probably find an age difference in thoughts on this, those of us in the 30+ category grew up with tackles like this being on of the best parts of the English game and would say not a red. Unfortunately this sort of tackle with excessive force has been outlawed for the last 10 years or so.

This sums it up perfectly

6 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I don’t think we’re appealing... more importantly it’s worrying why Vardy lost it like that  seemingly from nothing..... you can argue red or no red all day, however he clearly saw red and went flying into the challenge like a lunatic. 

Probably cos he’d done jack shit up until his sending off

Three match ban, Southampton, Fleetwood & Liverpool, will be a 4 match ban at least if he appeals, Mike Dean is high up in the Referees hierarchy and they will back him to the hilt, pretty much like Bobby Madly was right up to his hilt in someone’s hierarchy.... :o

6 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Ian Wright send it wasn't a red card incident, he should not have been sent off on MOTD. 

No he didnt, i think you misunderstood what he was saying. He said "it was unnecessary" as in what Vardy did was unnecessary, not the red card, he went on to say about how aggressive it was and that basically you cant do that...

Edited by nwl fox

8 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Following through like he did was dangerous and shouldn't be tolerated. Ended the wolves players game and was lucky not to break his leg. It was definitely a red card. 

Win the ball and break the opponents leg = a great tackle. Modern football is way too soft

I must admit that at the time I thought it was harsh but having seen the replay its a red. Those who think it isnt are deluded. 

In the modern game you just cant lunge into takles like that whether you agree or not. It was stupid, reckless and could have cost us.

He was clearly frustrated and you could tell by the way he went in. You typically see Sunday league "tackles" like that usually by over weight middle aged men. 

Instead of discussing an appeal, we should really focus on why Vardy got so frustrated in the first place. Thats for another thread though. 

I don't even buy into the '10 years ago it'd be play on' argument, I think that's a nailed on red at any point of history. Awful, awful challenge that could've had dire consequences for the player and Vardy will hopefully this morning realise how his actions could've affected his teammates and the other player. I love how he has that edge to his game but that cannot happen again.

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

If all you bleeding heart liberals think that was a red card, you are what is wrong with the game. The opponent only got hurt because he bottled the tackle and then rolled around a la Naymar.

Yes Vardy went in hard, but he is a proper player, go in half hearted and you end up getting hurt.

I realise in 2018 that they are trying to make football a non contact sport, but if you make everybody like Nacho who shirks every tackle, then we night as widely play netball.

Ok, I am from a different era, but all you do gooders are killing the game. 

Dead right. In the 70's that would've been considered a good tackle. He made the ball with feet on the ground and the Wolves player bottled it. What was Vardy supposed to do skip in and get out of the way. 

There needs to be contact otherwise we might as well eradicate all forms of tackling. Maybe tag football is the answer???

100% red card. Ref got it right. If VAR had been in use, then it would also have been a red even if the ref didn't call it at the time.

Just because if was the sort of tackle which Graeme Souness used to do in training in the 80's doesn't mean it has a place in the game today.

If it had been the other way round and Coady did that to Vardy, I doubt anyone here would be saying "it wasn't a red"

When I played and managed teams in Leicester over 20 years ago I always said commit to the tackle and if you start ‘bottling ‘ it that’s when you get injured, can’t tackle like that in the modern game unfortunately and a 3 match ban is on its way for Vardy, by the way, the Wolves player bottled it and got injured... 

I think people are letting the fact it was Vardy cloud their judgement. If it was someone hated like Benny or Chilwell, nobody would be sticking up for them. 

If Vardy was the one that got the studs to the leg and had to go off this place would be going on about 10 game bans.

Bad tackle. Red card all day long.

1 hour ago, Everygamefox said:

Win the ball and break the opponents leg = a great tackle. Modern football is way too soft

Well if that’s the case I hope we never have a return to pre-modern football. I don’t think I would ever describe a tackle as great when it results in the breaking of an opponents leg. In fact I’d argue a great tackle is when a player manages to win the ball without breaking the leg of their opponent. 

Edited by rn9013

8 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Ian Wright send it wasn't a red card incident, he should not have been sent off on MOTD. 

He also said Pickford should have been when it's the same scenario (player playing the ball, opponent arriving late and getting caught). He's got his biases much as anyone.