Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

Why does Morgan play?

I wasn't suggesting the chance came about because of Morgan, just noticed that he was either absolutely blowing or absolutely unarsed by the time the through ball is played.

My first instinct when I saw that clip on MOTD was to wonder what the hell Amartey and Pereira were doing.

Still though, as a professional athlete he should still be able to sprint half the length of a football pitch. He's 34, not 54.

Morgan keeping his place and people saying he deserves his place after Saturday - Does this show how bad Soyuncu, Evans actually are? After the Bournemouth game he would never of been near the team again.. And Steve Wonder at centre back for us would of got man of the match against Newcastle's attackers, they literally offered nothing and if something doesnt change they are certain for relegation.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Morgan keeping his place and people saying he deserves his place after Saturday - Does this show how bad Soyuncu, Evans actually are? After the Bournemouth game he would never of been near the team again.. And Steve Wonder would of got man of the match against Newcastle's attackers, they literally offered nothing and if something doesnt change they are certain for relegation.

Not sure what you're saying here? First goal Ricardo didn't bother tracking his man back after going upfield, plus Chilwell had a chance to do something with the ball but just lumped it in the air. Centre backs not massively at fault for that one.

Second one no challenge in midfield, their player lets it bounce over his head and has all the time in the world to play in their man. Wes was no more culpable than Maguire for that one.

Third one a penalty, Ricardo again and then for the sending off most on here seemed to agree it was incredibly harsh / incorrect.

We need to stop exposing them so easily, doesn't matter who it is at the back. Whether it's Morgan, Maguire or Evans they've all been exposed time and time again. The opposition has far too much time and space to get at them. Not many teams give us that sort of time and space, yet we do it every single game.

• Like 3

He's arguably there on merit at the moment, but I do think it will be Maguire + Evans by Christmas. 

I can't help feel Evans has been a bit hard done by so far...yes he was rubbish against Wolves in the first half, but it was his first game, he wasn't 100% fit and we did defend reasonably well towards the end. 

I thought against Huddersfield he did OK. Yes they aren't very good, but neither were Newcastle last weekend. 

I mean it's probably sensible to phase Soyuncu in gradually because he's young/adapting to the league/learning English - but Evans is 30 with loads of PL experience, so will surely expect to be in the first team eventually? 

37 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

He's arguably there on merit at the moment, but I do think it will be Maguire + Evans by Christmas. 

I can't help feel Evans has been a bit hard done by so far...yes he was rubbish against Wolves in the first half, but it was his first game, he wasn't 100% fit and we did defend reasonably well towards the end. 

I thought against Huddersfield he did OK. Yes they aren't very good, but neither were Newcastle last weekend. 

I mean it's probably sensible to phase Soyuncu in gradually because he's young/adapting to the league/learning English - but Evans is 30 with loads of PL experience, so will surely expect to be in the first team eventually? 

Won’t be. Morgan was atrocious last season while every game dragovic played he was very good. Morgan will play every game that he’s fit for. Surprising considering he won’t be at the club after this season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Won’t be. Morgan was atrocious last season while every game dragovic played he was very good. Morgan will play every game that he’s fit for. Surprising considering he won’t be at the club after this season. 

He'll get another contract if he performs this season, pretty sure it's already being discussed 

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Sadly that last statement in unlikely. Can see him hanging round as a “coach” moving forward. Not that I’d see much in his game he could offer to improve modern day defenders 

Just now, Babylon said:

No he wasn't and no he wasn't. Morgan was absolutely fine until his injury and Dragovic was not much more ok.

I think the biggest gripe was we'd been shipping a fair few goals in December and then Morgan was out and Dragovic came in and we seemed to tighten up in that respect. Morgan came straight back in and our form dropped once again and goals against was fairly grim reading. There'll be plenty of reasons for all of the above and Dragovic wasn't entirely the one keeping clean sheets, nor was Morgan costing us 1-1.5 goals a game but it was an obvious frustration for some. Dragovic was far too under used and there's a danger the same will happen with Evans and Soyuncu. Thankfully Benkovic was loaned out otherwise it would be a very strange set up. We're vastly more loaded with players in an area you want to keep settled than we are in attack where you need more options.

Think we panicked about Maguire and then aren't operating the same strategy with Morgan as we are with other older players who seem to be being edged out. Morgan is going to have a decent season though, he's fighting for his future.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think the biggest gripe was we'd been shipping a fair few goals in December and then Morgan was out and Dragovic came in and we seemed to tighten up in that respect. Morgan came straight back in and our form dropped once again and goals against was fairly grim reading.

Morgan came back in after we shipped 8 goals in three games, hardly keeping it tight at the back! We kept a few clean sheets with Dragovic sure, the one at Chelsea where the team played very well and didn't give them a sniff was impressive from everyone. But we got away with it against Fleetwood, we should have been knocked out and they were unlucky not to score in both games. Remember him giving it away last minute at their place and them hitting the post? Against Saints they walked through our back line several times and missed two chances that were harder to miss than they were score.

I wanted to see him more than we did, he was ok and it was well worth giving him more game time to see if he was worth buying. But some of the stuff around him and Morgan is so revisionary it winds me up. If he makes a mistake and plays badly I have no problem with people being critical, but it's got to the point everyone seems so desperate to pin everything on the bloke.

I'd rather have someone better, but if we keep exposing the back line like we are it doesn't matter who it is at CB, they are going to let goals in.

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No he wasn't and no he wasn't. Morgan was absolutely fine until his injury and Dragovic was not much more ok.

Dragovic was much better than Morgan. I thought he looked really good in the games he played. We’d have a much stronger defence this season if dragovic was in it compared to Evans or Morgan. Still remember Wes passing the ball straight to a Burnley player within 5 minuets last season which they scored from lol

This drudgery of continually 'spotting ' of our club captain Morgan is beyond the pale..

This forum at the wrong time and for incredibly the wrong reasons...are turning out...to be reacting the 'et tu brute' moments.

Edited by fuchsntf

There's one good thing about this latest sending off  - That it's very obvious to everyone that Wes isn't up to this level anymore ..... it makes it easy for Puel to drop him after his suspension (and if he doesn't it makes it easy to justify sacking Puel).

Either way there's no grey area anymore.

Edited by 5waller5
Mistake
  • Like 1

Simpson might not be a cb but at least he can defend still. At this point im getting desperate.

Can we play 5 at the back so we stop conceding (without wes being in the team).

Guys a legend for us but i personally think he is done at the level we need gim to be at.