Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

Why does Morgan play?

2 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

£75m for Maguire ??? Ed Woodward must be giving Jose serious Bantz on that one he has been a calamity the last few games , yet Morgan gets abuse ? Morgan isn’t this level anymore but it’s not his fault he is made to play is it ? Stop abusing him FFS 

No one is abusing him. I want to see him in the same situation as Huth last year. Take the wedge because of the hero he is, but please no more.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

You could say the same about Maguire today who has been dreadful as has Ricardo there is a collective  blame in this match oh and lets not leave out the midfield who have been invisible.

It is not all down to Morgan

I agree with this, but there could be an element of Wes's lack of pace contributing to the poor performances of the those alongside him?  We really do need to get Soyuncu in ASAP. How can he not be match fit is a mystery.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I agree with this, but there could be an element of Wes's lack of pace contributing to the poor performances of the those alongside him?  We really do need to get Soyuncu in ASAP. How can he not be match fit is a mystery.

Lad played 180 minutes as well as flying to Turkey and Sweden midweek. Wouldn't have done any harm letting him get used to the match day scene. Wouldn't be shocked to see him start next week. Full week of him and Maguire at the back

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Alternatively their performances and skill sets could be contributing to Morgans performances.

I want better in the team wherever possible and he's ripe for being replaced. But the constant blame game around him is a complete load of bollocks.

General opinion seemed to be he shouldn't have gone off and Maguire should in the match thread. There was clearly errors all over the place by others contributing to goals, yet once again it turns into another Wes bashing. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Wes Morgan has probably been our best  defender today.

Sick of people putting the blame of our defensive frailties solely on him.

Maguire and Ricardo have been ****ing hopeless.

Sorry to break it to you, but Morgan was really bad today. Sloppy, unaware, with bad positioning, and the lack of speed clearly shows.

Needs to be dropped for Evans.

Best defender was Chilwell, by a landslide.

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

But he's a lot faster than Maguire who was twice outpaced today with Morgan saving him on one occasion. 

• Like 2

Soyuncu came with an injury and Evans got injured pre season.

Evans came in for the Wolves game and was shockingly bad and has not been trusted since.  Morgan on the other hand has been playing well until today, hence he has been preferred. 

I think that answers the OPs question, not sure why we need a whole thread about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, murphy said:

Soyuncu came with an injury and Evans got injured pre season.

Evans came in for the Wolves game and was shockingly bad and has not been trusted since.  Morgan on the other hand has been playing well until today, hence he has been preferred. 

I think that answers the OPs question, not sure why we need a whole thread about it.

Apologies to be going over old ground regarding Wes/Dragovic last season but I don't think it was ever really answered apart some poor excuses along the lines of him 'not being our player', however reports were Dragovic would have signed if Puel wasn't here.

Right, so rewind to last season Wes was absolute dog muck, week after week, after week, he was selected most weeks whilst we had Dragovic who when called upon was pretty decent, yet as soon as Wes could come back he did and he was awful.

But now this season Evans comes in, poor for 20 minutes, but the whole team were pretty poor, next game, welcome back Wes.

I don't see the rewards and/or confidence being bred by Puel. Regardless of the situation now, I'm kind of looking back in the past and seeking answers as the scenario you're describing above doesn't tally up with the point i'm raising, ultimately it doesn't matter, what's been has gone but it's quite clear Wes is one of Puel's blue eyed boys.

It's not so much Morgan I have the problem with, it's the fact he keeps getting selected where the problem lies, last season and now into this season, as I kept repeating last season, there wasn't many options but their were options, even more so now.

Morgan to one side, a summer has passed for Puel, to sign 'his players' and we've still got a shockingly poor defence.

Wes won't play next week, because he can't, but I'm quite confident Wes will get his place back as soon as it's possible regardless of how well (If they play well :unsure:) whoever comes in for him does.

People keep saying 'Soyuncu will be in within next games'...'Soyuncu will be in after the international break'....'Soyuncu will be in for the next game'...'Soyuncu will be in after January'. The goalposts keep moving.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Was it a game where he had to do much?  From the bits I saw or heard Newcastle didn’t exactly offer much up front 

That's true but Maguire did give the ball away a couple of times. Thought Morgan had a better game defensively.

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Morgan plays when fit because he is our Captain and also he deserves his place on merit at the moment.

When one of our alternatives shows that they are a better option than him I'm all for him being phased out/replaced.

Maybe they could be given more than one game to try and do that 

• Like 2