Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

This is actually quite fun. You could make a quiz show out of this. I'll have a second go:

For at the back, two defensive midfielders, Ian lurking behind Vardy and Ghezzal and Maddison either of Ian, moving Maddison into his favourite inverted winger position.

Farque frightened Puel so Soyuncu's dropped, Richardo called Puel gay so he's benched and Gray needs a rest because young footballers generally do.

They probably needed more than one extra training session to work this one out.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all set up for 70% possession, them being camped in their half and us finding it frustratingly difficult to work any openings. It'll be passed from defender to defender, in to a midfielder, back to defender, out to a winger, jockeyed along quite slowly so the opposition can form a wall, worked inside, back outside and then eventually an aimless cross in. At least there's potentially 2 strikers rather than 1 today to try and attack any crosses, Iheanacho is a bit stronger in the air so let's hope we find a bit of space. 

Might as well hit them with tempo early on with the setup that we have, then add Pereira as a replacement for Ghezzal on the right to deliver the fatal blow somewhere in the second half.

Let's not verbally throw this game away already before it hasn't even kicked off yet. Here's to a better match than last weekend.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I'm kind of inclined to agree with this. 

Huddersfield are dog-shit at the moment. 

Far too defensive if it plays out like it looks and I'm not anti-Puel by any stretch but meh. 

Tired of seeing Vardy isolated up front as well.

But with Iheanacho it looks like a 2 man attack to me ........

• Like 1

Strange formation. I'm guessing that Amartey will stay at full back to allow Ghezzal to do his thing while Chilwell will bomb forward as he does with Maddison tucking in. It does seem like a bit like he's grasping at straws a bit though. 

Two deep-lying midfielders at home against a struggling side seems like a very conservative move.

Edited by Paddy.

Anyone considered that Puel makes changes to his team due to players being a bit shit? Or would you be moaning if he played the same team that was trailing 4 nil to Bournemouth?

You know just because Ranieri kept the same 11 every game, it doesnt mean we should do it every season no matter what

I’d argue that playing Nacho, Vardy and Madders shows attacking intent. Dropping Ricardo seems like saying he wants Amartey to protect Evans which after the Wolves game has merit. 

Playing neither Gray or Albrighton is slightly surprising. I think like some others here I worry about creativity. 

But if there’s any consolation i’m at the game watching shooting practice and Madders is banging them in! :scarf:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I urge anyone who thinks Diabate should be in the squad to watch an U23 game, Ndukwu is a far better player. 

He looked good when he played last year. What has happened to him then? 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Anyone considered that Puel makes changes to his team due to players being a bit shit? Or would you be moaning if he played the same team that was trailing 4 nil to Bournemouth?

You know just because Ranieri kept the same 11 every game, it doesnt mean we should do it every season no matter what

Its good he changes the team, just surely an attacking full back is better for home games against a side who offer little? 

I do agree Ricardo was poor defensively so I can see why he has been dropped. Pleasing he is playing Vardy and Kalechi, but why not use 352 where we have perfect balance and no players out of position. Anyway, results based if his team wins then he has got everything correct! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Amartey is a little more stable than Ricardo, IMO. Seems like we’ll transition to a 3 at the back going forward? Someone else mentioned this and it makes sense.

I really like Armatey and feel he is sometimes hammered unfairly.  For sure he is no slouch so will help out the Tortoises Twins, this as opposed to Ricardo who is normally too advanced to do this when the opponents break quickly following a breakdown of one of our offensive moves.  This will hopefully work out today!