Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

9 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I urge anyone who thinks Diabate should be in the squad to watch an U23 game, Ndukwu is a far better player. 

Real shame Ndukwu got injured. Hopefully he's back by January, would love to see him get some minutes in the fa cup.

Looking on the official club Facebook page is hardly a good word for Puel on this selection, it seems he is getting more unpopular each week, it seems to me that only he knows where he wants to take the club and yet another week of tinkering.

I wonder if it will be any clearer after the game where we are actually heading? 

3 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Its good he changes the team, just surely an attacking full back is better for home games against a side who offer little? 

I do agree Ricardo was poor defensively so I can see why he has been dropped. Pleasing he is playing Vardy and Kalechi, but why not use 352 where we have perfect balance and no players out of position. Anyway, results based if his team wins then he has got everything correct! 

I think this formation allows us to switch from 4 to 3 at the back. Hudders will barely attack so Amartey will stick back forming a 3 so we have a little pace in case they counter.

Not sure why Ricardo has been dropped but plenty on here were saying he was shit last week.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

People moaning about the changes are probably the same people moaning about how rubbish we were against Bournemouth. Bloke can’t win it’s clear things needed to be changed so he’s done it now he’s in the wrong 

Come on baldy, I moan regardless, but majority on here don't understand the changes, and they are bizarre to a certain extent.  I am concerned that the team under Puel has never been stable he changes it every week without any clear indication of why, becasue today, tactically Ricoardo would be they type fo player to supply to the front 2.  We will have to see after 90 minutes, I feel it's going to be a tough struggle.

Just now, lgfualol said:

I think this formation allows us to switch from 4 to 3 at the back. Hudders will barely attack so Amartey will stick forming a 3 so we have a little pace.

Not sure why Ricardo has been dropped but plenty on here were saying he was shit last week.

Exposed big time at the back 

Just now, Fox seen in Norwich said:

It’s like Puel said to himself after the Bournemouth game “nacho starts next week” but this morning remembered he said it and went “oh crap let’s leave out..... *waives ginger over team sheet* ..... Gray”

Would rather have nacho on the wing than Gray

• Thanks 1

Puel is doing a great job of setting himself up for more criticism at 5pm. 

The longer this goes on the more and more I think he's doing it deliberately.  lol

Why do we need two defensive midfielders at home against Huddersfield?  Also, why drop an attacking RB who you would like to think will be attacking more than defending in a game like this?  Where's Soyuncu?  Over 30 million spent on two CBs, one of which is in Scotland and the other we've never seen. 

If he gets this wrong, he's in serious ****.

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Puel is doing a great job of setting himself up for more criticism at 5pm. 

The longer this goes on the more and more I think he's doing it deliberately.  lol

Why do we need two defensive midfielders at home against Huddersfield?  Also, why drop an attacking RB who you would like to think will be attacking more than defending in a game like this?  Where's Soyuncu?  Over 30 million spent on two CBs, one of which is in Scotland and the other we've never seen. 

If he gets this wrong, he's in serious ****.

It will indeed be very difficult to defend him if Armageddon happens. I just do not get what is happening to Soyunco and Benkovic.  

I hope it works today for him.

5 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Looking on the official club Facebook page is hardly a good word for Puel on this selection, it seems he is getting more unpopular each week, it seems to me that only he knows where he wants to take the club and yet another week of tinkering.

I wonder if it will be any clearer after the game where we are actually heading? 

If this game goes t!ts up he’ll be skating on thin ice I would think. Got to say this starting 11 is puzzling. But then againI know nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Come on baldy, I moan regardless, but majority on here don't understand the changes, and they are bizarre to a certain extent.  I am concerned that the team under Puel has never been stable he changes it every week without any clear indication of why, becasue today, tactically Ricoardo would be they type fo player to supply to the front 2.  We will have to see after 90 minutes, I feel it's going to be a tough struggle.

Wasn’t getting at you direct . But I can see why the changes have been made . Obviously Morgan is suspended so Evans comes in , Ricardo  has been poor defensively so that’s why Amartey has come in Gray has been okish but not too clever the last game  but Nacho has looked good when he has come on so that another obvious swap .