Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away Match Thread

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

63% possession.

7 shots to 2 up.

4 shots to 0 on target up.

Winning 1-0,

Some people moaning still.  X

Sometimes there are periods in a game when there's not much to say.  Those gaps are filled by the moaners it seems, but it is not all of us by any means.  Personally I have a spring in my step, whistling a happy tune with my hat turned at a jaunty angle.

PS - moaning about moaning is still moaning. :P

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

We've returned to being the worst team in the league for throw ins. Drives me crazy.

Ricardo looks good going forward but loses the ball too much. I'd prefer Albrighton.

Ndidi hasn't been bad but second half I'd like Iborra, he picks out a forward pass. Ndidi just has elastic legs.

Maddison needs to get his foot on the ball and play it forward more.

Our front three haven't found their linking grove yet.

Chilwell is playing well but needs to take a little bit of the crosses, they are nearly all long.

Great to be winning. They could easily get one but I fancy us for another couple.

4 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Feel like Amartey had giving thw ball away far to much for my liking

Amartey has been hitting it long which  could be due to the managers instructions. When he has gone long, Pereira is literally furthest forward looking for a flick on from Iheanacho who is coming over to challenge for the header.   

Maybe Puel has spotted a weakness down Newcastle’s left. IIRC Newcastle fans have said Kenedy (a bit like Pereira), is more of a winger than full back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

We've returned to being the worst team in the league for throw ins. Drives me crazy.

Thought the same myself. We never have anyone really showing for the ball, it’s all a bit half hearted and token. That needs sorting

Did Schmeichel get away with picking up a back pass? I thought he did but I couldn't understand the commentators.

Also there are times when Chilwell should run into the box with the ball and maybe have a crack himself.

Just now, Webbo said:

Did Schmeichel get away with picking up a back pass? I thought he did but I couldn't understand the commentators.

Also there are times when Chilwell should run into the box with the ball and maybe have a crack himself.

Looked like it to me