Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire future

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

You can watch him talking about on iPlayer  

I guess he's hoping that he'll get there or in the Europa League with LCFC

He said: "I want to concentrate fully on Leicester this year. See where it takes the club and see where we go from there".

• Like 2

We proved with Mahrez that we won’t be bullied into selling. With the market the way it is it will take a world record fee for a defender to make us sell. In reality I think we’ve got him for another 2 seasons at most so we’d better trust in Puel to continue developing the rest of the squad to be able to cope after that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We proved with Mahrez that we won’t be bullied into selling. With the market the way it is it will take a world record fee for a defender to make us sell. In reality I think we’ve got him for another 2 seasons at most so we’d better trust in Puel to continue developing the rest of the squad to be able to cope after that.

Or the new manager. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Such a non story. Wouldn't people be worried if he was saying 'i really like it here and if I can play Champions League football here, that would be nice but it's not that important for me'. He's a professional football with a big reputation in the world and probably coveted by many teams. At least he's expressing some kind of ambition to do that here.

He'll go next summer of the one after anyway of he has a good season.

The bigger story is him not wanting to play in the Champions League.

He'll go when the owners let him, he knows that, he's professional, everyone can carry on as normal but they need the Man United clicks from the desperate hordes.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'll be gone if someone puts in a decent offer in the summer, we might as well accept it.

For all I like his ball playing ability and his impact in the opposition box, the defence hasn't really improved with him in it. £60m for him will do very nicely, if Benkovic and Soyuncu turn out to be half as good as those calling for them to be in the team think they are.

I would like him to stay this and next season....gives us a fair service,and at 27-28,his next team gets an experience PL/international player

With up upto 6-9 years in his tank...More years than we will see from Evans,from today!!!

Or Puel s revolution,keeps Maguire happy...If Maguire stays an up front honest pro,then whether he stays or goes,he will

Carry the hearts of the Leicester fans...But let's not start giving up yet,he still as a whole while to go before he earns his dreams and city fans

Complete hearts....

I say ok this thread has been honest up front projection,and time for other fans to post their thoughts....

Now let's get back to major topics for this running season,including plaudits and critic on gameday issues.

The club,my club ,is my club and gameday and this seasons journey is my only important interest...

• Like 1

If we bring on players like him making good money why not. It's all down to recruitment. Spend £17m get £60m plus means we can improve on two places within the team. Atm we can't keep world class players. But keep moving the right way we can. 

Our new training ground and ground expansion will all help. Eighth or seventh this season will also help. As long as we keep moving fwd on and off the pitch. In 3/4yrs it could be the big seven. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything over £50m in the summer and I'd take, great lad but if he wants to go he really isn't irreplaceable. 

I know where you're coming from but I really don't see our owners letting him go for 1p under £60m let alone £50m.

• Like 1

That's a classic Sun piece of trash. An innocent interview where he gave a bog standard 'committed to my club and aspire to be the best I can be' and there's a story produced.

Maguire even said in the interview that for him the most important thing is playing week in week out in the PL and playing for England. Not the glamour of the Champions League (which I highly doubt United will be in next season anyway). Not saying Maguire wouldn't play week in week out at United, I expect he would, but he's playing every game for club and country at the moment and I'd say both player and club have another gear or two to move through. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He'll be gone if someone puts in a decent offer in the summer, we might as well accept it.

For all I like his ball playing ability and his impact in the opposition box, the defence hasn't really improved with him in it. £60m for him will do very nicely, if Benkovic and Soyuncu turn out to be half as good as those calling for them to be in the team think they are.

I kind of agree really.  I love Maguire and would be happy for him to stay with us for the rest of his career and would be very sad to see him go.  He really could be a true Leicester legend and he is just one of those players you cannot help but like.

Having said that........  I think he is actually being rated at the moment by the wider footballing world ever so slightly higher than his true worth.  If we could get close to £60m we would be crazy not to sell.  We might not be able to get someone quite like him and I have no doubt he will go on to be one of England's best defenders for the next decade but I genuinely believe we could replace him for a fraction of the amount with someone that might actually be better at simply defending.  We'll see.  X

• Like 1

Any player would want to play in the Champions League and also win trophies he won't get that at Man Utd the way they are playing this season. He also said in his interview the reason he chose Leicester was that he wanted to play week in and week out that's why Spurs wasn't an option.

Typical Sun newspaper rubbish again.

We now need to show Maguire, Chilwell, Madisson & Grey etc that we are a club that is moving towards Europe. We have a fantastic nucleus of young talented players who have high expectations and City will need to match those expectations. Mid table will not be good enough.

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I kind of agree really.  I love Maguire and would be happy for him to stay with us for the rest of his career and would be very sad to see him go.  He really could be a true Leicester legend and he is just one of those players you cannot help but like.

Having said that........  I think he is actually being rated at the moment by the wider footballing world ever so slightly higher than his true worth.  If we could get close to £60m we would be crazy not to sell.  We might not be able to get someone quite like him and I have no doubt he will go on to be one of England's best defenders for the next decade but I genuinely believe we could replace him for a fraction of the amount with someone that might actually be better at simply defending.  We'll see.  X

I personally think it would be a disaster to lose Maguire even for 60 mil !!!

It would send a terrible message to the other young players

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

but i thought people told me all the players were signing new contracts because of puel...

(Not necessarily you by the way and I’m only joking based on past comments...Jesus, it annoys me I even have to put these disclaimers in for people to understand my sarcasm)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I personally think it would be a disaster to lose Maguire even for 60 mil !!!

It would send a terrible message to the other young players

I understand what you are saying but no team in the entire world apart Real and Barca can keep their best player if a bigger team comes calling.  Even Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, all of them would have to sell if someone came in.  Look at Hazard. As I say, I do not want him to leave but for £60 we might have to take it.  X

• Like 1

The club know if we don't meet his ambitions (i.e. win something and/or get into Europe) within the next couple of seasons, he'll be handing in a transfer request. 

However, this is why it was such a shrewd move by the club (yes, Rudkin) in the long term to get him tied down to that five-year deal. A big club will come calling, undoubtedly. But we're comfortably in the driving seat and can dictate the terms of the deal.