Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire future

Personally, I think he's too slow for one of the real big giants of the world. One good world cup showing does not a Barca or Real Madrid player make. Yes, he would fit into one of our top three at the moment but that's about it. British football is still miles behind the continental sides ( as our poor showing in the champions league continue to indicate ) Take the money he really isn't that good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

We now need to show Maguire, Chilwell, Madisson & Grey etc that we are a club that is moving towards Europe. We have a fantastic nucleus of young talented players who have high expectations and City will need to match those expectations. Mid table will not be good enough.

They're the players that are in the team to meet those expectations, they're part of the team responsible for our mid-table position it's not all the managers fault they're making mistakes too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Such a non story. Wouldn't people be worried if he was saying 'i really like it here and if I can play Champions League football here, that would be nice but it's not that important for me'. He's a professional football with a big reputation in the world and probably coveted by many teams. At least he's expressing some kind of ambition to do that here.

He'll go next summer of the one after anyway of he has a good season.

I dont think that's the story, I think its more what his alluding to here

He said: "I want to concentrate fully on Leicester this year. See where it takes the club and see where we go from there.

19 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I dont think that's the story, I think its more what his alluding to here

He said: "I want to concentrate fully on Leicester this year. See where it takes the club and see where we go from there.

That's what it should be about but you know it's being done to drum up interest in him leaving and because of his profile (he is now a big player on the world stage), the external pressure on him moving on will be in full swing.

Not that he's going anywhere this season.

12 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He'll be here one more season if we're lucky. After that it's either ManU, Spurs or Arsenal.

Good guesswork.

Man Utd have already shown an interest so I'll give you that one. But Arsenal or Spurs are just pure speculation. Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool would be better guesses as Spurs or Arsenal are far less likely to meet our asking price.

11 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Good guesswork.

Man Utd have already shown an interest so I'll give you that one. But Arsenal or Spurs are just pure speculation. Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool would be better guesses as Spurs or Arsenal are far less likely to meet our asking price.

Fair point about Spurs but I think it's about time for them to spend a bit of money if they really want to ever win something. Man City and Liverpool don't need him, the former are loaded and he's too slow for them. Gomez/VD seem to work very good together and I don't see him go to be a bench warmer. Arsenal are really in need of a quality CB. Chelsea would be a good call though.

I thjink he'll end up at Man United.

Edited by That_Dude

With due respect, I cannot see us qualifying for the Champions league this or next season, so that that won't happen. He will go to one of the top 3/4, but not until next season. 

He says all the right things, he knows he want's to improve and that will only happen with  playing with better players.

4 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

With due respect, I cannot see us qualifying for the Champions league this or next season, so that that won't happen. He will go to one of the top 3/4, but not until next season. 

He says all the right things, he knows he want's to improve and that will only happen with  playing with better players.

....like Wes Morgan? 

Filip speaks...

Celtic defender Filip Benkovic has revealed that he has a clause in his contract which could lead to him being recalled by Leicester in January.

The 21-year-old defender joined the club on the final day of the window in a loan deal just two weeks after signing for the English side, but should there be an offer for Harry Maguire in January it could change the complexion on his time at Celtic.

“I signed until the end of the season but there is a clause in the contract which means that Leicester can bring me back in January,” he explained.

So far I have spoken with some people at the club but they must wait and see what their situation is in the winter – maybe they will sell some players, I don’t know.

“Because of that I may have to wait until the last minute of the transfer window to find out what is happening – just like the last one.”

Leicester's decision to reject an offer for Harry Maguire led to Benkovic heading to Glasgow, but despite the Maguire signing a new deal with the Foxes, further interest from Manchester United could yet materialise in January.

“When you hear they reject £80 million for Harry Maguire what more can you say?" said Benkovic.

“They also spent £20 million on a Turkish player and I think they are looking to make a new team with a new generation after the earlier success of the team

Probably they will sell someone – I don’t know. But I will wait for my chance and I must be patient.

“There has been some talk about the winter window, but I don’t know.

“I know he has signed a new contract for five more years. I only know he is happy there but I also know that he’s a player being looked at by top clubs and one day he may move to one of them.

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Seems a level headed but ambitious guy. I’d wish him the best wherever he went (except Spurs) 

I hear they're lining up a £240,000 bid with a salary offering of £920 per week with bonuses (free dinner if they win the league)

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

“Because of that I may have to wait until the last minute of the transfer window to find out what is happening – just like the last one.”

Doesn't sound too impressed with us to be honest.

57 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I hear they're lining up a £240,000 bid with a salary offering of £920 per week with bonuses (free dinner if they win the league)

and family tickets in the cheese room. The rumour has it the mild cheddar will be mature by the time it opens.