Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

24 minutes ago, davidhenson44 said:

Thoughts with the family of all of those who have lost loved ones in this terrible tragedy, including the crew. Amongst all of the emotions, this huge outpouring and the sheer volume of heartfelt tributes to Vichai serve as a reminder, at least to me, of the value of living a respectful and generous life and that how we treat others while on Earth is what we’re most likely to be remembered for. 

Thought provoking and very well put.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We must commission one. What's better to show his family what he meant to us, us demanding someone else does something, or that we do it ourselves?

For me we should do it ourselves. The family have done enough for us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vee-man said:

BTW....not circulating rumours but has Gareth Southgate come out yet as there are tonnes of rumours on twitter circulating that he was the 5th passenger. I know he was at the game as I seen him from a distance

I saw him leaving the second floor with his son well before the incident 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Couldn’t stomach going into town so I went up to the new training ground at Seagrave and left one of  my oldest scarves. 

8130781B-B04D-4B3A-B82A-1B6F51CCF0DB.thumb.jpeg.2012593587acacfa02f9d6b6760a8b56.jpeg

I hope they name it after him. 

I think that would be a fitting tribute.

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

About this, I think the best plan of action is for the next trust meeting to raise the issue and ask the club to get a quote from a company. Then we can start a GoFundMe for the fans to raise money to cover the cost, any extra raised going to charity.

The main supporters groups are meeting the club in the next couple of weeks, there was an itinary drawn up but I'm sure that will be thrown out and subjects pertinent to what happened last night will take centre stage, this included. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Couldn’t stomach going into town so I went up to the new training ground at Seagrave and left one of  my oldest scarves. 

8130781B-B04D-4B3A-B82A-1B6F51CCF0DB.thumb.jpeg.2012593587acacfa02f9d6b6760a8b56.jpeg

I hope they name it after him. 

I like that a lot, I went to the ground earlier and I wasn't sure if I wanted too, but I did and it does help a lot. I would recommend you do. It has eased the ache a bit for me 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

About this, I think the best plan of action is for the next trust meeting to raise the issue and ask the club to get a quote from a company. Then we can start a GoFundMe for the fans to raise money to cover the cost, any extra raised going to charity.

I think this way of funding a statue would be a very fitting thing to do. Bought with fans money it would show the family that supporters cared about them beyond mere football. It would give a focus to supporters also and for both parties and future generations, something to represent what a good and decent man achieved in one of several aspects of his life.

I do wholeheartedly agree though that this has to be done in full consultation with the club as if not careful, there'd be too many, albeit well meaning organisers, that could make a complete dogs dinner of it. It would of course clearly have to be with the full consent of the family who may or may not wish to see such a thing for personal or even cultural reasons that we are not even aware of. Very early days yet but does potentially sound a promising tribute.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1