Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

I think he may show his face at some point. Pearson too. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a memorial service and all ex managers under his leadership turn up. 

I think it says a lot about how wonderful a man Vichai was that Pearson was ready to take the job in Belgium after leaving Leicester, Pearson must have respected the heck out of him to take another job working alongside Vichai after the way his time at LCFC ended

Must have told about 50 different people today as to why this gentle man was different to most others.

I know im probably annoying plenty at work but I keep just wanting to talk about him and spread the word about the type of man we have lost.

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cheshamfox17 said:

I think it says a lot about how wonderful a man Vichai was that Pearson was ready to take the job in Belgium after leaving Leicester, Pearson must have respected the heck out of him to take another job working alongside Vichai after the way his time at LCFC ended

And vice versa. For Vichai to give him the job

9 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I think he may show his face at some point. Pearson too. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a memorial service and all ex managers under his leadership turn up. 

Absolutely...and Andrea Boceili at a memorial service singing..Time to say Goodbye. There wont be a dry eye in the county.

RIP Vichai.

• Sad 2

Guest Harrydc

Just got back and yeah it hit me when I seen this , I knew I had it but like others has said it was the little things which made him so special to us. He didn't have to do any of those things , the gifts etc, he chose to. Loved throughout the whole city , and even England. Rest in peace, boss. 

The video of his family laying flowers was also a hard watch. 

IMG_1275.JPG

I would just like to pass on my condolences to you all on the tragedy that happened this weekend.  My thoughts go out to the Srivaddhanaprabha family, all those associated with LCFC and the families of the other four other victims.

The football world is with you during this time 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday didn't seem real, I didn't find out until Sunday morning about the crash, today is sadly very real. The montage on TalkSport this morning, caught me unawares as I got in the car for the daily commute.

The way that the club has been transformed under the stewardship of Vichai and of course the very obvious high's we all experienced in 2016 is only a small part of what he and his family have brought to the fans and the people of Leicester. His legacy runs so much deeper than that glorious season - the esteem in which he is held beyond Leicester is also becoming obvious with not only statements from football clubs all around the world but also the highest offices of power.

To take a quote referring to someone elses passing, I feel can well be applied to Vichai  -

"I will not say we will not see his like again because I hope we will. His spirit does not belong to an age, it belongs to all ages."

I will raise a glass of Singha this evening to the memory of the man and his family, the same way I toasted the title and on those wonderful Champions League nights that I was privileged to be part of.

Thank you Khun Vichai, you will never be forgotten. Thought's with your family and the others who passed on Saturday.

I am really struggling today, I keep feeling daft for feeling so hurt seeing as though I 9nly met him a handful of times.

He was such a wonderful and selfless man and a true shining example.of how people should look out for others. I'm trying to hold it together at work but I can't stop thinking about him. 

Rest in peace Vichai, you have no idea how much of a positive influence you have made on my life.

• Like 1

I try not to get too angry in life, let alone at times like this but Sky News have properly riled me up with anger.

They just tweeted a short video of Eric Swaffer (one of the pilots who died in the crash) flying the LCFC helicopter over London (not sure when) with Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' song over it.

How fvcking insensitive can you get?!

• Sad 2

Just now, StanSP said:

I try not to get too angry in life, let alone at times like this but Sky News have properly riled me up with anger.

They just tweeted a short video of Eric Swaffer (one of the pilots who died in the crash) flying the LCFC helicopter over London (not sure when) with Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' song over it.

How fvcking insensitive can you get?!

Thats incredibly distasteful.

2 hours ago, Richard Kingson said:

Why Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was so much more than a club owner to the city of Leicester https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-was-so-much-more-a-club-owner-city-leicester

Lovely from David Bevan as ever. 

Not sure if @Fez of Mahrez is around on here, but an excellent piece. Saying that Vichai was a custodian of the club really hit the nail on the head for me.