Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Went to pay my respects and lay my shirt down near the big photo of Vichai on the board. A very sobering experience. RIP Mr Srivaddhanaprabha. It has been a pleasure and a joy to have you as part of our Leicester family eternally. You made the impossible possible.

Sleep tight, rest easy.

Carlos Puel. Wow.

On that point, it's really frustrating me how many journalists/commentators/pundits aren't pronouncing Vichai's full name properly. Is it me or is it a lack of respect not to practice saying it a few times or learning how to say it properly?

• Like 3

Due to personal circumstances I've had more time to process this than most, however reading the official announcement last night really hit me hard. Combined with the players messages today, it has been tough. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Vichai earlier in the year. My partner worked at the stadium, and when she left, was allowed to take me on an unofficial tour of the entire ground. We were in the corridor of the directors box, and out he came from the bathroom. We weren't really supposed to be in there, but he didn't care. He shook my hand, thanked my girlfriend for her service. He asked me what I thought of the place and allowed me a glimpse in his private box. He could've called security on us but no, he was so welcoming and friendly to two random people he didn't know. 

He has given us so so much, and I am truly devastated by this. It is hard on my girlfriend, all of her friends were there and watched the helicopter take off (so knew who was on board), as they did every march day, and heard the aftermath. Truly heart breaking hearing them on the phone that night.

What he did for everyone who worked there is so incredible. Not really been mentioned but he really looked after everyone, regardless of their role.

I don't know what else to say. What a man. #theboss

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Gerbold said:

It really only hit home this morning - until names are released and confirmation is made then you cannot properly respond to such a tragedy. I am a fan of Leicester City, first and foremost, but I had slowly warmed to this man. This morning I learned far more about his modesty in generosity, his unassuming personality and his friendly nature. This is evidenced by the outpouring of sadness, admiration and love for him - obviously visible in the tributes swiftly accumulating around the stadium. Of course I knew what he had accomplished for the club but not so much what he had done for the community centred around it. You can form opinions about someone, but until you know them as individuals, then any opinion is speculative and invariably affected by suppositions and assumptions about them.

I wish, possibly as many others who support City, that I had been able to share a conversation with him - to thank him for rescuing  the club in the first place and to get an idea of his vision for the club -  but most of all to meet a decent bloke who shared my passion for Leicester City. When I look around to his peers (and I use that word with reservation) I see very few who even began to approach him in terms of professionalism, determination, generosity and respect for those around him. We've lost a good 'un.

I would like to think that Top will fill the shoes of Vichai and will carry on with the same approach and values as his Father.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Absolutely gutting.

We aren't a glamorous city, plenty of people are quick to put it down – including a reasonable portion that have grown up and lived here. That Vichai came to our club and not only transformed that, but poured money and care into the city, built up a rapport with fans and the place itself in a manner virtually unseen in sporting circles, and did it all with integrity, selflessness and grace makes this all the heavier. Helped our dreams come true and put a huge sense of pride back into Leicester. It isn't just the club that has to recover from this and I think that really epitomises what the bloke was about.

Can't even begin to imagine what his family are going through, as well as those of the others on board.

RIP.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The true reasoning for the helicopter’s rear rotor failing will come out following an investigation mate. Now isn’t the time.

Exactly. If anyone has any evidence that will help then provide it to the investigation. If your evidence gets ignored them come to the press, the forums and the football community will get it heard. But if you are just making shit up then stop it. 

Heartbreaking to see Top on these photos. to lose your dad like this... :(

Do yourself a favour and don't check what mainstream media write or tell about Vichai, others who died or Leicester City. What can they say what we don't know anyway? Are they qualified to voice a sensible opinion? They prey on on tragedies like this. Like vultures they will circle around sniffing for blood guts and people's tears until the whole thing gets cold, so they can move on to another tragedy. Values like sensibility or compassion are lost for them. These days being professional means read your prompter lines without interruption and show no emotion, no wonder the presenters come off as robots.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

It's my wedding anniversary today. The day we got married, my wife to be sent me a gift in the morning, the 2014/15 Leicester shirt, first one I had since Alliance and Leicester days. I'd stopped going because of the drive (from Suffolk) and the pretty terrible football every week, but this family made me fall back in love with it, rather than making it feel like a chore.

I was lucky enough to be there on the trophy presentation day in amongst a lot of Thai people (mostly family and friends I would assume as we were near the directors boxes), it suddenly dawned on me just how much he was loved and how much of an impact he had back home in his native country. The same has happened here in the UK.

I cannot make it to the stadium at the moment, but the shirt I got on my wedding day is hanging out of our bedroom window right now... looks silly I guess in Suffolk, but already someone has said "Sorry about what has happened, he seemed like a genuine, good man..."

I have never felt like this about someone I have not met or known personally... that speaks volumes. 

R.I.P Vichai

EBD730E4-E0A7-4F3F-8CAC-B1D5B14D8B97.jpeg

• Like 2