Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

As tasteful as hovering their helicopter over the city yesterday, filming a crash site where a helicopter came down.

Glad I’m not the only one that was astounded that happened. Not much thought has gone into the coverage at times really has it. 

Never have I been affected by the death of a relative stranger as much as I am this. 

I never met him, never has a photo with etc 

The man was a true legend, the fact that he has done so much and very few people actually know about it speaks volumes. His donations, gifts etc were never done as a PR stunt. Outside of our counties boarders not a lot know of his charitable work. 

What he has done for us as a football club is remarkable, what he's done for our community should be rightly applauded. 

A once in a lifetime person gave us all a once in a lifetime experience as a football club. 

Truly heart broken by this

Simply heartbreaking. It all feels so surreal. Our story since the Thais took over is quite simply one in a million - the Watford moment before winning the Championship at a canter, the greatest of great escapes, followed by Ranieri's appointment and the fairytale title win. So many iconic moments over the last eight years. 

Thank you for everything, Vichai. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I believe the players are likely to attend shortly ...... I would hope that they would be allowed to do this privately - but I guess the media and public interest just wouldn’t allow for it ........

SSN will have the yellow breaking news shite and be all over it like on transfer deadline day i'm sure.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I believe the players are likely to attend shortly ...... I would hope that they would be allowed to do this privately - but I guess the media and public interest just wouldn’t allow for it ........

They're already at the stadium, there's a video of a coach dropping them off on BBC sport.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

My guess would be that the cameras aren’t going to be leaving any time soon so they’ll all go and lay flowers etc but I’d assume they’ll all do something privately. 

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I try not to get too angry in life, let alone at times like this but Sky News have properly riled me up with anger.

They just tweeted a short video of Eric Swaffer (one of the pilots who died in the crash) flying the LCFC helicopter over London (not sure when) with Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' song over it.

How fvcking insensitive can you get?!

Sadly Stan, the quality of people charged with editorial control in the media isn’t what it should be ....... likely youthful inexperience responsible.........

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sadly Stan, the quality of people charged with editorial control in the media isn’t what it should be ....... likely youthful inexperience responsible.........

So true - do you think someone who has seen death and loss through adult eyes, is in charge of a twitter stream.....

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I try not to get too angry in life, let alone at times like this but Sky News have properly riled me up with anger.

They just tweeted a short video of Eric Swaffer (one of the pilots who died in the crash) flying the LCFC helicopter over London (not sure when) with Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' song over it.

I'm assuming they've deleted it, I can't find that.

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's truly abhorrent. How anyone can possibly think that is OK is beyond me, let alone the fact that multiple people will have been involved in creating/approving that and putting it online. There are thousands of songs they could have chose which are a million times more appropriate.

Considering the pilot may have actually saved hundreds of lives by guiding the helicopter to a quiet area, it's even more distasteful.

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No way. Surely they've taken it down? Can't find it. Bunch of f*king c*ts they are.

It's my wedding anniversary today. The day we got married, my wife to be sent me a gift in the morning, the 2014/15 Leicester shirt, first one I had since Alliance and Leicester days. I'd stopped going because of the drive (from Suffolk) and the pretty terrible football every week, but this family made me fall back in love with it, rather than making it feel like a chore.

I was lucky enough to be there on the trophy presentation day in amongst a lot of Thai people (mostly family and friends I would assume as we were near the directors boxes), it suddenly dawned on me just how much he was loved and how much of an impact he had back home in his native country. The same has happened here in the UK.

I cannot make it to the stadium at the moment, but the shirt I got on my wedding day is hanging out of our bedroom window right now... looks silly I guess in Suffolk, but already someone has said "Sorry about what has happened, he seemed like a genuine, good man..."

I have never felt like this about someone I have not met or known personally... that speaks volumes. 

R.I.P Vichai

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah it's been taken down. Shame it took a backlash from mourners or just general fans of football anyway for Sky to realise what berks they have been

Utterly staggering just how robotic the media actually are. No emotion whatsoever. 

• Like 1