Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

In a footballing world of owners and chairmen in it for vanity or a quick buck, Vichai was a unique character.

Embracing not only your club, but the wider community, I'm sure he will be greatly missed.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of Vichai, as well as those of the others that lost their lives this sad week.

I truly believe his legacy will live forever in Leicester City.

Gary

• Like 2

To say time is a healer I’m struggling with,

everytine I log on here or see a picture of him I find myself feeling emotional,

when out driving for work I find myself daydreaming thinking about him,

i find it really hard to not feel emotionally attached to this,

he for me in ways was like the father I never had,

the person that shown me the importance of generosity,how dreams can come true,through experiencing those father son moments down at the kp,

though on separate parts of the stadium he was someone I looked up to,

aspired to be like,

everything you look for in a dad,

though not flesh and blood I feel like I’ve lost the best part of me,

but it won’t ruin me cuz people like vicha wouldn’t want that,

his legacy will make me a better person,

and I know one day me and him will meet again 

• Like 1

Decided to go down after all and pay my respects this morning. I was simply blown away. The floral tribute is even bigger than it looks online or on TV. At least 10 metres deep and 200 metres long so far. I took a picture but it just doesn’t do it justice. 

Left one of my oldest scarves from the late 90’s; I was struck by just how many scarves and shirts there were from clubs all over the country and even some from further afield - I spotted one from the Czech Republic! 

I found it extremely moving and Incredibly humbling. So many people just milling about, leaving flowers and their own tributes. Brought me to tears. I wonder if the ground staff can reuse the flowers somehow? Compost them and incorporate them in the new training ground or the pitch as a lasting tribute. 

The books of condolences are under a marquee but there were so many people queuing I didn’t have the time to join. Nor do I think I could have found the words without welling up. 

I urge you to go down if you can make it. 

RIP Vichai. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Decided to go down after all and pay my respects this morning. I was simply blown away. The floral tribute is even bigger than it looks online or on TV. At least 10 metres deep and 200 metres long so far. I took a picture but it just doesn’t do it justice. 

Left one of my oldest scarves from the late 90’s; I was struck by just how many scarves and shirts there were from clubs all over the country and even some from further afield - I spotted one from the Czech Republic! 

I found it extremely moving and Incredibly humbling. So many people just milling about, leaving flowers and their own tributes. Brought me to tears. I wonder if the ground staff can reuse the flowers somehow? Compost them and incorporate them in the new training ground or the pitch as a lasting tribute. 

The books of condolences are under a marquee but there were so many people queuing I didn’t have the time to join. Nor do I think I could have found the words without welling up. 

I urge you to go down if you can make it. 

RIP Vichai. 

I'm going tonight. At first when I saw people putting flowers there on Sunday, I wasn't sure it was for me but now I feel like I absolutely have to go. Going to take my son tonight. We were there together in our club's finest hour, so we should be there in it's darkest.

• Like 2

I'm sad that I can't get to Leicester to pay my respects, for the present at least, but to honour Vichai I'm opening my finest bottle of wine to drink to him and in a spirit of fellowship I have unblocked everyone on here that I've previously ignored; even the ones I had to think twice about. Bless you Vichai x

I'm going to pop down tonight or tomorrow after work to put down some flowers. Where are people parking when they go down there? One of my friends is coming who can't walk that far, so I'll need to get somewhere close-ish, and aren't most of the side streets nearby permit parking only? I suppose I could always park at the NCP near Welford Road in the last resort.

5 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I'm going to pop down tonight or tomorrow after work to put down some flowers. Where are people parking when they go down there? One of my friends is coming who can't walk that far, so I'll need to get somewhere close-ish, and aren't most of the side streets nearby permit parking only? I suppose I could always park at the NCP near Welford Road in the last resort.

Newarke Street, it’s not too far from NCP, 10-15 minutes walk £3 for up to 3hrs, £2 after 6pm

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I'm down now, parked in Freeman's common and bought a pint of coke at local hero to get 4 hours parking.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I parked on Burnmoor Street (opposite the symphony rooms), restrictions only apply on event days. 

• Thanks 1