Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

8 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Growing up, like all of us must have done at one stage or another, I dreamt our little Leicester would someday defy the odds to be the best. We've had to go through some bloody crap times as a club, relegation to League 1, we nearly went out of business just before I had reached my teens too, and because of this wonderful man and his family we achieved a fairytale story even Hollywood itself would struggle to manufacture.

But not only that, he genuinely took our city to his heart, as we did him. He seemed such a kind and selfless man.

Still can't believe it...    Thank you for everything, Vichai. 

EVERYTHING !!!

The ultimate pinnacle of why we do this supporting thing.

Vichai made this happen for us.

In bits.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Drove past the golf club gates today and stopped outside them. You put the scarf there? Just to the right there are some wild roses growing. I was going to lay them underneath but thought you might want to instead or may not. Just thought id say anyway.

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smr said:

Drove past the golf club gates today and stopped outside them. You put the scarf there? Just to the right there are some wild roses growing. I was going to lay them underneath but thought you might want to instead or may not. Just thought id say anyway.

Yeah that was me. Surprised there’s not more scarves. Feel free to lay whatever you like. 

10 hours ago, MikEverton said:

Just wanted to offer, having followed the events of the last couple of days, my condolences to your club and all you fans. This man orchestrated the greatest feat in football's modern era, perhaps of any era, and he seems to have been such a nice guy at the same time. I hope his legacy lives on for generations.

And yesterday I got annoyed because of a poor refereeing decision at Old Trafford, bit ashamed of that to be honest. Your club is handling the situation with great dignity and you should be very proud, unlike the Daily Fail! 

Don’t worry mate, the penalty while i think it was correct was a debatable decision, and you have every right to be upset, as that’s a part of football that we all love. 

You’re right too that Leicester have handled this perfectly, been an example to all other clubs since Ranieri took over.

P.S. The media have been absolutely disgraceful, as usual. Even as a United fan, I would love Top and Puel to just neglect the media for the rest of the season apart from doing very short customary press conferences. Been disgraceful again, especially the daily fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kashmire Hawker said:

Evening all,

As a Wolverhampton Wanderers fan, I just wish to pop by and give all my love and condolences to Vichai, all 4 others who were lost on Saturday and to each and every one of you. As a lover of the beautiful game, the last 2 days have been totally dreadful, in trying to let such info sink in. Even working as a Steward at Celtic V Hearts in Edinburgh yesterday felt in my mind, the most irrelevant shift I'd ever done.

I sit here typing this - wearing my club's Aqua Blue 2015/16 Away Shirt, of which every time I'll now wear it will make me think of your wonderful club.

Never I will forget May 2nd 2016 - listening to the ultimate dream be realised on Radio 5 Live and tears of joy bursting down, having seen the greatest fairy-tale in the history World Club Football. Logic was somewhat defied, but in a way that changed the scope of the Premier League and grant all fans a story that will be told long, long after we depart.

By way of tribute, when appearing on BBC Breakfast tommorow morning through Sheffield Hallam University where I study Politics (I'm on in relation to the Budget), my Dark Blue tie shall be worn - solely to signify that my heart goes out to the club and the City, after something utterly un-comprehend-able.

And I expect and for Wolves v Spurs on Saturday something to be done pre-game alongside a Armistice 100 commemoration. No doubt something will be stated once Wanderers announce Saturday's events - whatever of which will be an emotional sight.

In one final thought, the way in which King Power and Vichai guided the Foxes to such success, is making me dream as big as you all, that at some point soon and through the kind masterful decisions your board took, ourselves will once again reach the pinnacle and fighting against LCFC for it.

Leicester City's title makes us all dream that much stronger, that anything is deemed possible and Vichai shall be forever be credited, as the man who made it happen.

Much love.

Kashmire

I echo all of this, sending love from Manchester Wolves .

RIP xxxxx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

There’s a really good comment on there saying the Premier League should have a ‘Vichai Clause’ where all PL owners have to donate 15% of their turnover to the local community..

Would be an excellent idea

23 minutes ago, Shane said:

There’s a really good comment on there saying the Premier League should have a ‘Vichai Clause’ where all PL owners have to donate 15% of their turnover to the local community..

The idea is sound, 15% is absolutely insane though. They'd be contributing just as well and fairly if it was between 1 & 5. Keep it similar to what Mata has created with players, think that is 1%

50 minutes ago, Shane said:

15% of turnover would be more than profits!

The ceremony on the pitch was the epitome of class, a perfect reflection of dignity, so befitting of the man. 

A very emotional watch, can't begin to imagine how Top and Mrs Vichai dealt with that. 

Also, a note of thanks to you all. As others have said it's difficult when you are miles away to feel included and all of you sharing your feelings has helped me.  Everything I've watched and read has brought tears to my eyes and it's reassuring they have to you all too. I feel a bit of an idiot, sat in a Leicester shirt in tears alone in Ireland but you're keeping me connected, thank you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The ceremony on the pitch was the epitome of class, a perfect reflection of dignity, so befitting of the man. 

A very emotional watch, can't begin to imagine how Top and Mrs Vichai dealt with that. 

Also, a note of thanks to you all. As others have said it's difficult when you are miles away to feel included and all of you sharing your feelings has helped me.  Everything I've watched and read has brought tears to my eyes and it's reassuring they have to you all too. I feel a bit of an idiot, sat in a Leicester shirt in tears alone in Ireland but you're keeping me connected, thank you. 

As a Leicester fan in Sweden, I totally agree!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Yes, I thought so to. It was lovely. Nice to have all the staff there too. You can see there must be an incredible bond - I can't imagine my workplace being anything like that if our boss died!

I didn't know where to put this but thought it was worth mentioning again what a brilliant forum this is. I don't know enough about who runs it and the work that goes in it, it is something I should pay more attention to, but I couldn't imagine not having somewhere like this where people can share their feelings on this tragedy, especially for a Leicester fan who no longer lives in the area like myself. Thanks to all that make this forum happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm away in Cyprus and feeling disconnected. Amongst 100's of holiday goers in great spirit, I'm finding it difficult to enjoy myself and have spent 3 days reading these pages.

I was in a pub for the game, chatting to a Man Utd fan about the likely hood of Puel keeping his job, and conversation naturally moved on to Ranieri losing his job coupled by the typical outsiders view of the owners being heartless. I spent the next half hour correcting this fella. I've been wondering what his thoughts might have been in the days after, as he seemed unconvinced by what I said. 

Whether the Cardiff game goes ahead or not is obviously not my choice. But I'm hoping if it does, it's because the players feel it best for their healing process and can channel their pain into raw hunger and will to win. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't know where to put this but thought it was worth mentioning again what a brilliant forum this is. I don't know enough about who runs it and the work that goes in it, it is something I should pay more attention to, but I couldn't imagine not having somewhere like this where people can share their feelings on this tragedy, especially for a Leicester fan who no longer lives in the area like myself. Thanks to all that make this forum happen.

To answer your question, it is @Mark who runs the site and you can donate to the running costs here: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=YI4qIBn5KNRvgEYmPuNdPdqT3zHZlpg_XP8QY0epcMiHLnpxYwNeDO_k-ylDwBE5B0T090&country.x=GB&locale.x=GB

• Like 1