Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

You loved our club and we loved you

We've shared a dream and a beer or 2
Your generous nature made you our saviour
Unaccustomed were we to such selfless behaviour
We've cheered success, held our breath together
We've followed the Foxes no matter the weather
We've seen records broken made the impossible come true
You've made us smile...made us proud to be blue
I know you'll be with us whether home or away
Guiding us forward in your own special way
I hope we can make you as proud as you made me
I hope we can triumph through all adversity
Foxes never quit.....never.... ever

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jace said:

Would be great if Andrea Bocelli could come back and sing time to say goodbye at 1 of our next home matches, get all previous players back, Pearson, Ranieri etc as a tribute 

Wouldn’t be a dry eye in the house, would be the most amazing way to say goodbye ??

• Like 2

Very surreal down the stadium tonight, must have been 1,500 people there at one point.

Two minutes silence at 8.37 followed by applause and a spontaneous sing song. It was nearly two hours to sign a book and not a single person left the queue. 

I do hope Top is taking some solace from all this.

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

How did you feel about the singing Matt? Just saw a tweet of it and made me feel a little uncomfortable for some reason.

I was there too, the silence followed by the clapping was spot on, really moving. Fair play to the guys who tried to get some songs going but to me it seemed like not enough people actually knew the words to really help it along so yeah it was a little awkward unfortunately 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

How did you feel about the singing Matt? Just saw a tweet of it and made me feel a little uncomfortable for some reason.

It felt resilient rather than anything else, it didn't feel inappropriate. Almost like some emotion was bursting out after so much sadness in a sombre atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

It felt resilient rather than anything else, it didn't feel inappropriate. Almost like some emotion was bursting out after so much sadness in a sombre atmosphere. 

Yeah I totally get that mate. Difficult to judge the mood if not there I suppose. Hoping to drive up tomorrow.

• Like 1

The Debate-Live on Sky Sports. Part 1 is all about Vichai. Geoff Shreeves, Liam Rosenior, Alex Scott and even Danny Murphy are talking about it with great respect and they are clearly overwhelmed by the response of the players and fans to his passing. Worth a catch up if you aren’t watching it live. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

Very surreal down the stadium tonight, must have been 1,500 people there at one point.

Two minutes silence at 8.37 followed by applause and a spontaneous sing song. It was nearly two hours to sign a book and not a single person left the queue. 

I do hope Top is taking some solace from all this.

It broke me tonight. Was trying to hold it all together being in public and all that but after laying my shirt and flag down I started to crack and the singing of champions of England just completely broke me.  I really really hope Top can get some comfort knowing how much we love his father and his whole family really. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

It was at first, but some people got carried away at the end with totally inappropriate songs that had no bearing  eg Jamie Vardys having a party. Not sure what goes througg some peoples minds...

Does anybody know if there is a time that is "too late" to visit the ground?

All lights off etc? I now feel the NEED to go, before it is gone and am thinking about going tomorrow night after trick or treating with my children.

What is the latest people have been recently, and was it still busy or lights out?

Likely to be about 830pm tomorrow by the time i get there and want to take the children as well but if they wont see anything I'll take time off work and have to go alone, but think it is important for my children to understand what this man meant to daddy.

Rest in peace great man. I hope the immense outpouring from the city, county, country, and world can bring you some comfort, but wouldn't be surprised or upset if it is simply what you expected, having been so close to such a great man and witnessing first hand the impact he had on all he encountered.

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

All lights off etc? I now feel the NEED to go, before it is gone and am thinking about going tomorrow night after trick or treating with my children.

What is the latest people have been recently, and was it still busy or lights out?

Likely to be about 830pm tomorrow by the time i get there and want to take the children as well but if they wont see anything I'll take time off work and have to go alone, but think it is important for my children to understand what this man meant to daddy.

Rest in peace great man. I hope the immense outpouring from the city, county, country, and world can bring you some comfort, but wouldn't be surprised or upset if it is simply what you expected, having been so close to such a great man and witnessing first hand the impact he had on all he encountered.

It’s out in the open so I shouldn’t imagine it would be a problem. That beautiful photo of a fox at the tribute was taken at 3.30am I believe. 

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

The  book of condolence closes each day at 10pm so I expect it is fairly busy until well after that ......

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s out in the open so I shouldn’t imagine it would be a problem. That beautiful photo of a fox at the tribute was taken at 3.30am I believe. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The  book of condolence closes each day at 10pm so I expect it is fairly busy until well after that ......

Thanks for the responses, i was on page 23 of this thread when i wrote it, and then saw posts of people returning at gone 10, so will definitely be going tomorrow night.

Should have read ahead but the need to go was too strong. 

Thanks again.

54 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

stream_img.jpg.e827fbae5da1f2e52593170619c99041.jpg

Charlie Adam told a nice story on five live last evening ...... said he was training after a game with other stoke subs and the groundsman came over to tell them they needed to leave as the helicopter was due in. The players looked a little confused and then vichai shouted from the tunnel that they should be allowed to ‘finish their work’ and the copter would wait for them ..... such humility for a man in his position .......

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Also so nice to hear pundits, more sincere than I could have imagined, speaking of just how important it is for chairmen of other clubs to start to follow Vichai's lead in showing they really care about their club.

RIP

You are either like that or you are not. I think this is why the outpouring of grief is so strong. 

He was a one off, and I can’t see anything changing at other clubs as nobody is really like him. 

You can knock other Chairmen, and rightly so, but then there will be some decent ones among the bunch. But in the good bunch, none will be like him, nowhere close.

• Like 1