Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

15 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Rob Dorsett on SSN saying that Birch placed a wreath that had been purchased by the West Ham first team squad.  Mark Noble's idea apparently.  Class if true.

At the game on Saturday I said to my Dad that I liked Mark Noble, and he's a really likeable guy. Well he's just gone and confirmed that.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The book of condolences online is now available.

Is it just me that's finding it hard to write something :( ?

Just write whatever comes to you, don’t overthink it. Doesn’t matter if it’s a sentence or a paragraph, if it means something to you, that’s all Vichai would want! 

• Like 1

Just got back from the ground, I was overwhelmed the first visit but tonight was very humbling, placed my shirt and was standing looking at the messages when Top, John Rudkin and Susan Whelan arrived stood at the barrier looked overwhelmed at the amount if tributes.

Signed the book of condolence, started off ok but the writing was shaky by the end. Would recommend everyone to try and get there if you can. The marquee was lovely with a beautiful shrine dedicated to Vichai, everything the owners do they do with class even in their darkest hour, we are so lucky

People still arriving in plenty of numbers I waited about 45 minutes the queue was a bit longer after I left.

48 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Just write whatever comes to you, don’t overthink it. Doesn’t matter if it’s a sentence or a paragraph, if it means something to you, that’s all Vichai would want! 

37 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I started my bit in the book with what to say, what can you say?, just said thank you the memories ☹️

Cheers.

Eventually decided on what to write and went on a bit, but felt comfortable with what I did write.

• Like 1

I went down to pay my respects, place a shirt and write in the condolences book, I was in awe at the staggering amount of tributes layed out which now span the entire length of the family stand. As I was leaving the marquee I looked up after wiping a tear away and there was Top looking inside, I gave a gentle nod moved away before bursting into tears again just as I heard a Gospel choir break Into harmony. 

I urge anyone who hasn't been down yet to go. 

Second visit to the ground tonight, first one was on Sunday at midday.

Echo the sentiment that if you haven't been down yet, try to, the amount of scarves and flowers across the north side of the stadium is a fitting tribute to a great man lost far too soon.

Couldn't help but think back to that night in May 2016 at the ground  The contrast with tonight is devastating...

Edited by Lobsterboyuk

1 minute ago, Lobsterboyuk said:

Second visit to the ground tonight, first one was on Sunday at midday.

Echo the sentiment that if you haven't been down yet, try to, the amount of scarves and flowers across the north side of the stadium 

Couldn't help but think back to that night in May 2016 at the ground  The contrast with tonight is devastating...

Numerous posts echoing your thoughts about getting down if you can. I live in Walton on Thames but I feel I NEED to get to the stadium at some point to mourn and to show my gratitude.

If anyone is in the same position as me and lives close(ish) then feel free to pm me as I will be travelling up at some point this week, maybe tomorrow. More than happy to drive up and give lifts!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChelseaNick said:

Dear Leicester City fans

I really feel for you and for your loss. I haven't been to a Chelsea away match for a while now but I remember visiting Filbert Street on several occasions. One that sticks in my mind was the day of the Hillsborough disaster.

You've lost a good'un. I wish all owners and chairmen were like him. When you won the league you put a smile on the face of the whole country.

I don't know if you've seen David Squire's tribute in the Guardian but here it is anyway:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/ng-interactive/2018/oct/30/david-squires-on-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-and-leicester-city

Condolecences to all of you and to the families of the victims. I hope you come back from this and win the Prem again.

ChelseaNick

Lovely words Nick, thanks.

What kicked off that day v you lot on the day of Hillsborough was nuts.

Football at its worst back then compared to football at its best right now.

I've just got back from the ground.

It was surreal being down there. Very humbling. The world of football has truly united to pay their respects to our amazing Vichai. 

It still breaks my heart to see the tributes. The kind words left are phenomenal. 

I love my football club and the world of football. Thank you so much.