Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

1 hour ago, Jace said:

Would be great if Andrea Bocelli could come back and sing time to say goodbye at 1 of our next home matches, get all previous players back, Pearson, Ranieri etc as a tribute 

Just thinking of this made me get a lump in my throat. 

3 minutes ago, BrizzleBilbo said:

Hi all Leicester Fans.

I may not be associated with any of you, as a Bristol City fan, but on the behalf of all the fans at city we are very sorry for your loss. Your owner seemed like a genuinely lovely bloke, and we are also devastated that he's gone

I hope that things get better for you

From a fan in Bristol

Thanks for that.....and Aston Gate looked good last night!

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Best its ever looked! 

Seems odd to be making a quip, but laughter and medicine and all that.

yeah i'm with you on that,didn't think anything like this would hit me so hard.....had 2 days off work and going to take my 2 kids to see my mum in LRI after they finish school....so i guess it's just a build up!

43 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Thanks for that.....and Aston Gate looked good last night!

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Best its ever looked! 

Seems odd to be making a quip, but laughter and medicine and all that.

Ranieri said everything Vichai touched he improved.

3 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

yeah i'm with you on that,didn't think anything like this would hit me so hard.....had 2 days off work and going to take my 2 kids to see my mum in LRI after they finish school....so i guess it's just a build up!

I'm on gardening leave ready to start up a new venture in the new year, so whilst I've had a lot of chores to do (bless my resourceful and enterprising wife!) I've had a lot of time to mull over a lot of things!

Being preoccupied with all things LCFC has actually saved me from yet another online course to be quite honest.

We have lost more than just a Chairman, but the very embodiment of what our club represents. He was a big part of our lives, changing us from a mere club into a big family, a happy smiling father figure who was kind and generous to the end. His good work extended beyond the club, into the community. His spirit will never die at our club, and his memory will always exceed our triumphs.

This tragic loss brings home, just how good people are bigger than the game. He loved our club and he loved all it's supporters, and I think we all loved him too.

Our beloved Chairman. will never be forgotten, and there is a bright new star in the heavens now, that will forever shine brightly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My friend paid a visit to the King Power Stadium earlier (since he needed to visit Morrisons again), and took a couple of photos, aswell as signing the book on my behalf (thanks Daz!)  (It's a bit too far to visit myself, especially when I'm at work.)

45111557_1940187879410988_3055128490979345228762_1940223522740757_12625784191749

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 2

Those that haven't been down to the ground I would encourage you to if you could get down. It is potentially the most peaceful and beautiful thing I have ever seen. The floral tributes and scarves are really overwhelming, the pictures don't really do it justice. Getting to the ground and seeing that free refreshments were provided was weirdly the most upsetting thing, such a Vichai thing to do.

Bumped into Mark Robins paying his tribute too, again a classy thing to do from a Leicester legend. 

• Like 3

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the tribute outside the KP.  I know every bouquet and treasured scarf was left out of the simple need to express an emotion, with no “statement” intended.

However, such a visible -- and spontaneous -- display was a very powerful statement of love and respect, received and now paid forward.  The images of Top taking it in with the players and staff were shattering.  They will stay with me.  I am no longer a happy-go-lucky newbie.  It feels like I’ve been following the Club through a lifetime’s worth of highs and lows.

The lazy, cynical sporting press ever underestimated this man’s character, and his role in his Club’s achievements.  When you showed the world how closely he was held, they finally engaged to consider why.

:schmike:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't post too often but now is the time we all come together. 

I echo the statements of others here and say if you haven't been down to the ground then I implore you to do so. It really does show how someone who you probably have never met can have sure a positive and profound impact on so many people. I was in shock at the number of people down there today, and the number of tributes is breath taking. 

Even if you don't have anything to lay in rememeberence, please go down, it might not hit you now, but in the future you will look back and be glad you said thanks and goodbye. 

Ryan

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't know where to put this but thought it was worth mentioning again what a brilliant forum this is. I don't know enough about who runs it and the work that goes in it, it is something I should pay more attention to, but I couldn't imagine not having somewhere like this where people can share their feelings on this tragedy, especially for a Leicester fan who no longer lives in the area like myself. Thanks to all that make this forum happen.

Can I also echo the above. This place has been a big part of my life for the best part of 10-15 years. We've all been through so much together and we should all be thankful to Mark for creating this, it's often forgotten when we're arguing with one another. Cheers mate

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Sky have posted a tribute montage, this was a tough watch with the music.

That's a tough watch and I have this unshakable feeling every time I see and hear Andrea Bocelli sing Time To Say Goodbye at that title crowning game that a time like this was coming. I cant help but feel like the fairytale we created had to have this tragedy and it's about fcukin snapped me. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Rob Dorsett on SSN saying that Birch placed a wreath that had been purchased by the West Ham first team squad.  Mark Noble's idea apparently.  Class if true.

Birch certainly placed a wreath with Vardy today, the coverage I saw didn't comment on who it was from.  A very nice gesture if that's the case.