Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

2 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

From Top’s personal Instagram. Sounds like he’s keen to carry on with us. We’ll be fully behind him. 

D109B489-5F22-4090-AA62-762C86686125.jpeg

35116859-F59A-44AD-BA39-333B2DFFA790.jpeg

Perhaps now Top will realise he has a bigger family than he could imagine. His Dads vision and eventually legacy brought us all together in a way I could never have imagined as a Leicester supporter since the late fifties. Never, until they took over, did I care or have any emotion towards those running L.C.F.C. Since their arrival as owners I have felt nothing but admiration and love for the way they have treated us as fans and the way they have behaved with dignity and respect for the community that they settled in. Sir, you were the heart and soul of a Leicester city. you gave us something I never thought I could even dream of. And that will always be what you left us and nothing can take that away from you or us either. Never has one man going to be missed by so many in this city and community. A life well spent and God bless you.

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 3

It's been a heartbreaking few days and really hard to post. Once again Khun Vichai has managed to bring everyone together. It's almost like a magic touch, a surreal feeling of togetherness, spirit, unity and energy like the title winning season only this time it's unity in sadness rather than happiness. He was truly special and one of a kind. Another gift to us all is that he has left us in extremely good hands with Top.

Just like to say thank you to everyone on the forum too. It's really felt like a brotherhood on here throughout our clubs darkest hours. And huge respect to all of the kind messages from other clubs fans. Many a tear shed but Foxes never quit.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

It’s been playing on mind for the last couple of days now and I can’t stop thinking about. But I feel really guilty about the West Ham game last season. At the end of the game I just got up and walked out the stadium without staying behind for a lap of honour. 

I keep thinking about it and vichai didn’t deserve that for everything he has done for the club.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It’s been playing on mind for the last couple of days now and I can’t stop thinking about. But I feel really guilty about the West Ham game last season. At the end of the game I just got up and walked out the stadium without staying behind for a lap of honour. 

I keep thinking about it and vichai didn’t deserve that for everything he has done for the club.

Being harsh on yourself there. It's human nature to always think that there will be another time to do something. If you beat yourself up then you're only hurting yourself. The fact that you wrote that shows how much he meant to you. 

• Like 1

What a guy - to have touched so many lives.... and not just is Leicester fans - he made the whole world reconsider what is possible in their lives.   Buddhists know that we will not always have the things that we have and we cannot hold on to the people around us forever - in time everything changes - this is why we should appreciate and enjoy the things that we have and the people around us.. here... now.  We have all been so fortunate for the time that Vichai spent with us.  

44 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I’m really struggling to concentrate on anything else if I’m honest, he was our Hero 

I’m the same mate. It’s constantly on my mind throughout the day. It still feels like some sort of weird nightmare, it just doesn’t seem real.

Travelled from Suffolk this evening to pay my respects.

Incredible tributes from all over the footballing globe and the warmth from our own fans is so clear to see.

Like many before 3 generations of our family were present to pay our respect and I find it extremely hard to put into words what our city, our community and our football club means to us and what The Boss did for us all will be a lasting legacy for generation after generation.

So glad I travelled to see the breathtaking array of tributes and in its own way was some small step of coming to terms with the saddest day in our clubs history - it’s a better memory than many of the horrible images from Saturday night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

I have always loved Leicester City, but never as truly, madly and deeply as I do now.

This really is something that’s been in my head over the past couple of days. In a really sick and twisted way I think moments like this are sometimes necessary, as a part of life, to just reconfirm to yourself how much something actually means to you. 

I never thought something like this would ever happen to my club, but I’m 100% certain that it will stay with me for the rest of my life and it’s increased my bond with my club and my city ten fold. In a weird way this fells so much more important, in terms of the indentity and a show of togetherness and spirit, than the title win did. 

I too have said this week that I'm going to redouble my efforts to go to games and really support the team now. 

I was starting to miss a few games because of the weather or because I had a busy week or other lame excuses. 

Not any more. I'm down there and rejuvenated. I hope that we rise up from this sadness with massive support for everyone involved and it brings us closer again as a fan-base. We've felt a bit fractured recently - perhaps this will remind us of how we achieved the impossible before. 

• Like 1

As a football fan, my realisation as to what Vichai did for us is something I only understand now. It’s things I took for granted while they were happening. When you speak to fans of other clubs and tell them things like he paid off our debts, bought our ground etc. The shear surprise from these opposing fans hits home the impact he’s had on us. What he did, wasn’t the norm. It some respect, it was against the grain. He really didn’t have to and could’ve made a tidy sum without pumping further money to build us a new training ground or expand the stadium etc. 

As a father, son, brother uncle whatever. I cannot help but feel continuous sadness when I think of what his family is going through. It’s hard enough losing someone but to lose someone in that manner, all of sudden would be unbearable. 

RIP Boss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

That has torn me apart, even before the final words where he’s breaking up.

It's Geoff Peters narrating that I think, bless him. It must be very difficult being a Leicester supporter and carrying out your work in the media this week.

• Like 3