Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

As a Cardiff City season ticket holder who spent three fantastic years in Leicester as a student in the early 70's, I was horrified and saddened by the tragic event that occurred at the King Power Stadium on Saturday evening . 

My thoughts and prayers are with the whole of the Leicester City family at this sad time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Just listened to Stringer's RL show in tears. Listening to the DMU Gospel choir was emotional but ending it with Bocelli's Nessum Dorma has completely finished me. 

Same here.  Listening on the net in Austria, Nessum Dorma did for me too. And not for the first time today.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

I'm in tears after watching that, of the things posted that's the most heartbreaking and emotional.

agreed, feel sorry for Top such a terrible unexpected loss, he needs as much support from the players, fans and family as possible.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, evil jack said:

It might not be a popular opinion around here, but Ian Stringer has been tremendous throughout all this.

Out there in the cold and it seems to me he's barely slept.

I imagine everyone would agree. Radio Leicester really ought to send him home for a bit now though, can't be physically or mentally healthy.

Being a Scottish Leicester supporter is hard enough at the best of times with the distance between myself and the club bit right now is particularly hard. I want to mourn with my fellow fans but instead have to keep on going as if nothing has happened because although people up here do Care, its not the same. They're not feeling it like I am or you are. 

14 minutes ago, evil jack said:

It might not be a popular opinion around here, but Ian Stringer has been tremendous throughout all this.

Out there in the cold and it seems to me he's barely slept.

He and Geoff Peters have been top class in their reporting. Professionalism mixed in with emotion.

As a fan of a lower league team in Scotland, Leicester's title win in 2016 was the greatest achievement in British football history, the underdog toppling the big guns which fans like me can only dream of, a dream made possible by one man. The Foxes captured the hearts of everyone, sweeping everyone along on that incredible journey. Mr Vichai shattered the stereoptypical foreign owner tag, delivering every promise, taking Leicester to his heart and providing not only the club and the fans, but also the fans of every underdog in the world on that incredible journey, fulfilling the crazy dreams of every true romantic this wonderful game can conjure. RIP Vichai and everyone else involved in this horrendous tragedy, the football family unites in your grief.

• Like 1