Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

21 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

And even then, never really seen these guys consistently amazing. Of course, that comes from being at a better team and having less to do.

Allison makes loads of mistakes. Totally with you on Lloris, even though he is an unbelievable shot stopper.

I think Ederson is pushing De Gea from what I’ve seen of him. 

I wouldn’t swap Kasper for anyone really. Good player and almost as inportantly, seems a great bloke to have around the club and in the dressing room. His post after Vichai’s death just said it all for me. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

I think Ederson is pushing De Gea from what I’ve seen of him. 

I wouldn’t swap Kasper for anyone really. Good player and almost as inportantly, seems a great bloke to have around the club and in the dressing room. His post after Vichai’s death just said it all for me. 

This is exactly the thing. There are so many great shot stoppers around but Kasper brings so much more to the table. 

Any if any of the player power rumours are true, he's the only one I'd allow it from because he also talks a lot of sense.

7 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Someone on Twitter said he’s ‘not even in the top 6 keepers in the Premier League’. I bet to differ. I can only think of below who I’d rather have:

De Gea

Ederson 

Allison 

Lloris makes loads of mistakes most notably in the World Cup final. Heaton is looking good again but needs to do it over a longer period 

if you went down the league table asking the question would they swap their keeper for Kasper I doubt there would be as many as you seem to think

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

This is exactly the thing. There are so many great shot stoppers around but Kasper brings so much more to the table. 

Any if any of the player power rumours are true, he's the only one I'd allow it from because he also talks a lot of sense.

you can't allow it from any player, it's not a good way to run a club

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to know what Kasper makes of his Dad's comments, he's absolutely lobbed him under a bus there. What Peter has said might be true but given what Kasper said in the wake of Vichai's death about this club it threatens the mans word which Kasper will not like. He is an honourable man and the ultimate professional, he's also said he doesn't like discussing football with his Dad so this will have pissed him off.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love to know what Kasper makes of his Dad's comments, he's absolutely lobbed him under a bus there. What Peter has said might be true but given what Kasper said in the wake of Vichai's death about this club it threatens the mans word which Kasper will not like. He is an honourable man and the ultimate professional, he's also said he doesn't like discussing football with his Dad so this will have pissed him off.

I doubt it

Kasper and his dad are very close

I think Peter is probably reflecting on how Kasper is feeling

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I doubt it

Yeah Peter is media-savvy enough to known the weight of his words - I just think he's misread the temperature of the room. In general, I don't think the fans believe bowing to the demands of a 30-something keeper who has a penchant for kicking to touch is a forward-looking move for the club. Read this thread, even Puel-fencesitters or outters think this is out of line and unhelpful. Classic example of ex-athlete hubris where they think their opinion is divinely ordained and important to share, as their daily routine is filled with yes men and enablers. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I doubt it

I dunno about that, I saw an interview once where Kasper was very dismissive of being able to talk football with his old boy and that they prefer to chat about other stuff.

I just cant believe after what Kasper said about the club in the wake of Vichai's death that he'd want the undertone of this to be that he wants out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I dunno about that, I saw an interview once where Kasper was very dismissive of being able to talk football with his old boy and that they prefer to chat about other stuff.

I just cant believe after what Kasper said about the club in the wake of Vichai's death that he'd want the undertone of this to be that he wants out. 

There seems to be a real under-current at the club. Vardy clearly unhappy, Kasper too and now reports are that Harry wants out.

This summer is going to be a real sea change I think and again, however inapt Peter’s words were I think they reflect the general mood at the club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There seems to be a real under-current at the club. Vardy clearly unhappy, Kasper too and now reports are that Harry wants out.

This summer is going to be a real sea change I think and again, however inapt Peter’s words were I think they reflect the general mood at the club.

Puel will be going in the summer, I just dont see how he survives. Not when Rodgers will be available as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel will be going in the summer, I just dont see how he survives. Not when Rodgers will be available as well.

Is he? Just had a quick look and he seems to be under contract till 2021. Is this another Ric-thought that's snowballed into being the only possible answer and indisputable world truth? haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Is he? Just had a quick look and he seems to be under contract till 2021. Is this another Ric-thought that's snowballed into being the only possible answer and indisputable world truth? haha

Many in the media have reported it set to happen, as have people close to the club. I have absolutely no knowledge of that myself so it's not assured but it's a fair assumption to go with right now. Especially when we are on a horror run in 2019 and an equally nasty time at home stretching back a full calendar year, Puel is fast running out of time to remain in charge long term. 

I hope we finish the season strongly as he is building and although he drives me nuts and I'm not so sure he is the best manager we could have, he is doing some good things and perhaps patience is needed unless we really threaten relegation which we seem to only be another 3-4 bad results away from being very difficult to defend as a team, a regime or a model as a club. End product is needed from us all.

Players friends, relatives and "sources close to " etc should keep their opinions to themselves and not air them in public. (I hope Mrs Vardy is taking notes here) That's what players have agents for.  Invariably when family gets involved they generally put their foot in it and it ends in embarrassment for the player.

23 hours ago, Claridge said:

Kasper is very over rated anyway. Poor to awful in the air, poor distribution, doesnt command his area,shocking positional awareness at free kicks. Good at one on ones. 20 million and I would sell.

Over rated but at his age and so poor you value him at £20 million. .....priceless lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Players friends, relatives and "sources close to " etc should keep their opinions to themselves and not air them in public. (I hope Mrs Vardy is taking notes here) That's what players have agents for.  Invariably when family gets involved they generally put their foot in it and it ends in embarrassment for the player.

"sources close to" is basically journalist language for the person said it themselves, but don't quote me.

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Over rated but at his age and so poor you value him at £20 million. .....priceless lol

You do know top keepers are now in the £60 million bracket?

we paid 10 million for a 3rd choice keeper from Liverpool who was behind mignolet. So for an average Prem keeper I would say 20 million is about right. 

Edited by Claridge

If kasper was good enough to play for a top side, he would be there now, the same as mahrez, kante, and even though it’s not worked drinkwater.

Kasper has been a good keeper for us, but I think he’s father is blinkered.

Yes he’s probably up there with the best shot stoppers but he is weak in other area’s like dominating his area, he’s at a club for his level.

I think peter should be careful with his comments about gong to bigger clubs and calling the current manager, he needs to remember the club pays his son a very good wage, and he may well move to a bigger club but it doesn’t mean he will play, imo if he goes somewhere bigger than us I hope he’s prepared to be a number 2