Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 03:15, fuchsntf said:

I can't add or input any,media or pictures...

This has no meaning of negativativity towards or against others...At present I can't find the right words...

But since the tradegy,from withinside the club one man stepped up and put himself forward as a go to.

He seemed disciplined,but heartbroken and at first kept his thought and horrific experience to himself

The first to make some statement,then condolences. And seemed to take on the player/ more responsibility.

He was around for hours...(did he leave the stadium at all??)  The grief was not to hide..

So long as he stays at the club...he's the last player now,I will throw any criticism toward!!!  

Agreed.

This is Puel’s biggest test of all.

Does he go for broke and just ‘phase out’ our title winning players, or does he try to incorporate them whilst it being very likely they don’t particularly respect him?

These are players who won the Premiership. They aren’t just ‘ageing malcontents’. They are written into club folklore and have become part of the furniture which must make Puel’s task (if he wants to REALLY make a stand) ten times harder.

The best case scenario would be that the ‘big guns’ get on with him and he plays them. It seems unfortunately that this isn’t the case.

And it’s fine to go with him and simply say ‘ditch them’ but old heads will be needed to develop our talented youth.

I don’t envy Puel. I have respect for him actually because he isn’t just bowing to peer pressure. He’s clearly a tough ol nut himself. 

But to fully implement change at the football club he will have to have the complete backing of the board. If any of the senior non-playing figures go into cahoots with the likes of Vardy and Kasper, they’ll only be one loser.

It’s fascinating to see it play out.

Why I think I’d go for a manager like Rodgers is because I think he’d probably oversee the whole process better, in terms of keeping the big guns happier whilst the transition is being made. But I don’t know this.. I’m only surmising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is Puel’s biggest test of all.

Does he go for broke and just ‘phase out’ our title winning players, or does he try to incorporate them whilst it being very likely they don’t particularly respect him?

These are players who won the Premiership. They aren’t just ‘ageing malcontents’. They are written into club folklore and have become part of the furniture which must make Puel’s task (if he wants to REALLY make a stand) ten times harder.

The best case scenario would be that the ‘big guns’ get on with him and he plays them. It seems unfortunately that this isn’t the case.

And it’s fine to go with him and simply say ‘ditch them’ but old heads will be needed to develop our talented youth.

I don’t envy Puel. I have respect for him actually because he isn’t just bowing to peer pressure. He’s clearly a tough ol nut himself. 

But to fully implement change at the football club he will have to have the complete backing of the board. If any of the senior non-playing figures go into cahoots with the likes of Vardy and Kasper, they’ll only be one loser.

It’s fascinating to see it play out.

Why I think I’d go for a manager like Rodgers is because I think he’d probably oversee the whole process better, in terms of keeping the big guns happier whilst the transition is being made. But I don’t know this.. I’m only surmising.

Whats Rodgers like for playing the youngsters? As this more than anything else seems to me to be the direction for the club (Hence Puel/swankytraining ground)

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

They aren’t just ‘ageing malcontents’. They are written into club folklore and have become part of the furniture

so for how long do we have to see them kick off if  they don't get their own way? Kasper in particular is good but hardly irreplaceable so if he is, and I know its not confirmed, he is causing an issue/undermining Puel why should it be allowed to happen just because it's him?

It's never sat right with me at how close some of the players are with the owners and its not a good way to run a club

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Actually unbelievable some of our fans would rather get rid of players who have done so much for this club, in order to keep a second class manager like Puel.

This isn't just about Puel, this is about our club and our future. No player is bigger than we are and if they are unhappy then leave. Ranieri was hounded out by the players and now Puel is being. So we get rid of Puel and we get Benitez or Rodgers or someone else, they make changes and certain players decide they aren't happy, rebel again and we're back to square 1. Whilst many don't like Puel, hes stuck to his ideas and hasn't just given in to pressure from players which is what the club needs. The club is run by Top, Whelan and a few others.  The team is run by Puel. The players just have to do what the manager asks them, train hard and play. They dont get to make decisons on who is our manager and what the tactics should be etc. If we dont nip all this in house fighting in the bud soon then we will soon be relegated and all the good work that has been done getting us to a stable premier league team will be undone. Im not saying Puel is the right man long term but im not convinced certain players will be happy here under any manager! 

• Like 2

Kasper and Vardy may not get on with Claude but that doesn't mean that either side is right or wrong.

There was plenty of people willing to lay into Pearson as he didn't seem to favour Drinkwater or Albrighton and some are probably the same people sticking up for Claude now.

The power of the title winning team is by and large waning in any case. Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs and Okazaki are not in the first team anymore and are in the last few weeks with us. It's really just 3 players close to starting now. Not that I agree with player power conspiracies but we aren't beholden to them.

Peter always has been a bit of a prat anyways. He should be glad that Leicester rescued his sons career.

13 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He keeps on playing to a really high level, but some of our fans would rather get rid of kasper and Vardy in preference of Puel.

Don’t get me started. It’s the in thing to go totally against the grain and want players out to be different or make a point. 

Want Kasper and Vardy to finish their careers here. 

• Like 1

Here's an idea, why don't we get a manager in who can actually manage the transition, build the team and phase out the more senior players without pissing everyone off? It's clear hardly any of them can stand the bloke. 

Our managerial recruitment since Ranieri - and he was a fluke - has been absolutely appalling. We never invest any money into trying to get the right target, we just take the dregs that no-one else wants. Why don't we actually go out there and find a talented manager, not some reject on the dole after being binned off by another club, and pay the money to get them in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Don’t get me started. It’s the in thing to go totally against the grain and want players out to be different or make a point. 

To be different or make a point?

They are dictating who is in charge of them. In what work place is that constructive? 

I want them to finish their careers here too. But not to the detriment of our success.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s veen common knowledge since the back end of last season Kasper isn’t keen on Puel.

I don’t like my boss, doesn’t mean I constantly feel the need to tell everyone and get people to set agendas against him! 

14 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He keeps on playing to a really high level, but some of our fans would rather get rid of kasper and Vardy in preference of Puel.

He doesn’t. Neither of them have this season.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Heaton for me. As good as Kasper is, if not better. But because he plays for Burnley people will disagree.

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Nick Pope as well

Yep, those two and...

Foster

Dubravka

Fabianski

In terms of up and coming Etheridge looks like he’ll be streets ahead in a few years too! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

'Vardy has been crap this year'.

8 goals, in a system that doesnt suit him.

When has kasper let us down this year?

Some fans need to get real because buying players better than them isnt going to happen easily.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

To be different or make a point?

They are dictating who is in charge of them. In what work place is that constructive? 

I want them to finish their careers here too. But not to the detriment of our success.

Was mid-way through typing a reply but that last line sums it up far more succinctly. Completely agree.

LCFC will be here long after those players retire. I'd much rather we were in a position to push on over the next 5 years, rather than succumb to their wishes, hound out yet another manager and end up staring relegation in the face when a 38 year old Wes Morgan ambles around at the back, or a permanently-crocked Vardy steps up for a penalty in place of a younger striker. 

Puel is building for the future, but those players aren't it. Ironically, rather than acting like the experienced older players some of them are spitting their dummies out and complaining about it. The younger pros seem to be the ones more focused on the team effort.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don’t like my boss, doesn’t mean I constantly feel the need to tell everyone and get people to set agendas against him! 

He doesn’t. Neither of them have this season.

Yep, those two and...

Foster

Dubravka

Fabianski

In terms of up and coming Etheridge looks like he’ll be streets ahead in a few years too! 

Tom Heaton...?

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

'Vardy has been crap this year'.

8 goals, in a system that doesnt suit him.

When has kasper let us down this year?

Some fans need to get real because buying players better than them isnt going to happen easily.

The entire system is built with a single striker in mind. Any half-decent striker would be on at least 8 in this team tbh. 

Kasper completely let us down against Southampton, for a start, and his distribution has repeatedly caused us issues. It's been poor for years yet whilst others have worked on their weaknesses Kasper's kicking seems to be getting worse somehow. The amount of times the ball has sailed clear over Chilwell's head from a goal kick is unbelievable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Tom Heaton...?

You’re bringing up someone I agreed on and none that I actually named? 

Hes a very good and equal level keeper, the ones I named are the ones I believe are better...