Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

18 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Fully behind Kasper with this. A man who cares, wants this club to fulfil its potential and has the balls to speak for what he believes in.

This is the kind of attitude that will see us achieve something. Those who are happy with what’s being served up currently and content just to be in the Premier League are not.

His father somewhat dictating who the manager is or what he does isn't right. A firm manager like Ferguson wouldn't have the player anywhere near the side again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Fully behind Kasper with this. A man who cares, wants this club to fulfil its potential and has the balls to speak for what he believes in.

This is the kind of attitude that will see us achieve something. Those who are happy with what’s being served up currently and content just to be in the Premier League are not.

What a disgraceful attitude, entitlement dressed up as passion. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly can’t see how Kasper is getting blamed for his fathers comments. There is no way he could’ve spoken to him in that short space of time. Also think some of you are being rather harsh blaming him for this defeat. Puel was at fault with the team selection and that cost us. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What a disgraceful attitude, entitlement dressed up as passion. :angry:

If anyone is entitled to entitlement then surely it's Kasper.

Good enough to play in Europe but knows we'll never get there under Puel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you're slating Kasper for his father's opinions, you're a disgrace in my opinion. I'd expect any media pundit with a vested interest to have his/her independent views and for people not to imagine that they reflect their friends' / families' views. You should base your assessments on solid evidence, not wild speculation. The solid evidence is that he's been one of our greatest ever players. Loyalty goes both ways - it's not all about backing the manager, or the club line. There's loyalty to players too, especially when we've got no concrete reason to doubt them.

Schmeichel has not been an obvious scapegoat, nor anywhere near, for our recent poor form. He's done well for Puel, and when talk of dressing room discontent first surfaced in April 2017 Percy, the guy we consider to be most ITK, said that it had nothing to do with the old guard. Is he ambitious? He should be! He was one of three FIFA Keeper of the Year nominees last year, has been targeted by several major sides, won a league 2.5 years ago, he's 30+ years old and if Leicester are looking at a longer-term picture we certainly shouldn't resent him wishing to pick up more trophies in his career. It would be miserably bitter of us to think otherwise.

And if he's voiced concerns about our direction then, so long as his own commitment is unwavering - and we have literally no evidence to suggest that it isn't - I'd be grateful that people are standing up to be counted. If people are imagining that he's pulling the rug from under Puel's feet in any way, then it's a spectacular case of joining dots in a way that suits your own agenda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If anyone is entitled to entitlement then surely it's Kasper.

Good enough to play in Europe but knows we'll never get there under Puel.

So therefore any player from that season is bigger than the club? And can put their desires/wants before the good of the club?

Just to be clear here. I am not slating Kasper,  it is those of the opinion that support the view point in the article.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Kasper has always made it clear that he doesn't talk football with his Dad, so I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt here. Plus the guy ran to the burning helicopter - I think we can be confident that he would want to do best by Top.

A bit of a stupid thing for PS to say really, but in criticising the manager he's not saying anything new, he just made it more personal than he should have.

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Only saying what many suspect anyway. Probably other players have the same opinion as 75% of the fans as well. Lose top class players or a second rate manager. Not that hard a decision to make when it's finally made.

The I speak for everyone defence! Nice! 

I do not believe this comes directly from Kasper, but if it did, he needs to go. No-one  should ever be bigger than the club and it’s chosen manager.

I love kasper and everything his done at Leicester - forever a legend imo. No idea what the deal with his dad is, I’ll just ignore that.

kasper hasn’t quite been the same after the tragedy and how could he in all fairness?

just wish he could magically become David de gea and save us in some of these games where we shoot ourselves in the foot. We really need that type of goalie right now until the team isn’t firing on all cylinders scoring goals and winning matches consistently. I cross my fingers...

29 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

Honestly can’t see how Kasper is getting blamed for his fathers comments. There is no way he could’ve spoken to him in that short space of time. Also think some of you are being rather harsh blaming him for this defeat. Puel was at fault with the team selection and that cost us. 

you dont think it was a general comment

AND father and son dont talk about it or a regular basis??

31 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

Agree

I love my dad but he says some of the most insensitive/ignorant shite sometimes and i do not condone any of it. If you judged me on that then i would judge you on the kabaddi court. 

• Haha 1

Peter's comments on the managerial situation are extremely telling. 

"Once they get everything sorted out - and I'll leave it to you to interpret what that means - it's actually not a bad football club. They just don't have the manager who can get anything out of them."

If that doesn't tell you what our plans are for the summer then nothing will. For those who say he's just speculating, come on - Peter talks to Kasper (it's his son, of course he does) and Kasper talks to Rudkin. 

It probably didn't take a genius to figure it out anyway but it's clear now that we're making plans for life after Puel. Even if we have a good finish to the season, he'll still be gone in May. 

In some ways I do feel for Claude - he certainly doesn't deserve for players' dads to go after him in public - but I do feel he's taken us as far as he can. We'll probably only see the true benefits of his work when he's gone, similar to how we saw Pearson's under Ranieri.

I'm sure we'll all look back on this period with more fondness than we perceive it with now. We're on the cusp of becoming a top side but it does feel that a change needs to be made to get us there. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

As with Vardy and whoever else, sort your own game out before having a pop (or getting daddy to do it). Puel has faults and has made clear errors but I have sympathy with him for many reasons and this is one. 

It wouldn't startle me if Vardy, Simpson and Morgan - when you saw them all muttering to each other on the sideline - were conniving against Puel. It wouldn't surprise me if Kasper didn't like him. It wouldn't surprise me if the old guard and their misconceptions about how great a side we could have been had caused problems for Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel. It wouldn't surprise me if Vardy hated Puel, all his wife's tweets accurately reflected this, and it created a whole set of problems behind the scenes.

But I have no evidence whatsoever for any of this. Vardy has done more than anyone to keep Puel in a job, as a player. Kasper isn't far off. For a good part of this season, Morgan has defied the years. None of them have ever publicly defied him in the way some players have at some clubs. Most respected ITKs have indicated that dressing room discontent against Puel didn't originate with the 'old guard', and nearly all of them agreed that the 'old guard' were firmly behind the previous manager too, before we start accusing them of getting all of our past three bosses fired. Above all, those players have done enough for us, over the years, to deserve not to be utterly condemned and derided as traitors by their own fans, until there's something solid for us to go on.

And Peter Schmeichel - I'd expect him to do his job as a pundit. He's certainly not a mouthpiece for his son, and never has been as far as I'm aware.

• Like 4

Look we all have opinions. I'm sure we all have opinions about the people we work with or the teachers that teach us. We all go home and tell our families. But we get on with and do our jobs. 

Peter has made a mistake saying it in public but thay should not impact Kaspers position. He is still a great keeper and is performing to the best of his abilities. If Puel isn't strong enough or takes it personally then clearly he isn't made for the job. He should know Kasper is our number 1.

It's interesting that some of the so called senior players want the manager out. There's got to be something wrong - us fans will moan about it but it feels like a Mourinho situation although I do think our players are giving 100% unlike United were - but are restricted within Puels philosophy. This seems to now be draining the whole squad.