Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

3 hours ago, urban fox said:

Players friends, relatives and "sources close to " etc should keep their opinions to themselves and not air them in public. (I hope Mrs Vardy is taking notes here) That's what players have agents for.  Invariably when family gets involved they generally put their foot in it and it ends in embarrassment for the player.

Of course there is just the possibility the Peter Schmeichel, who does I think know a bit about the game, might just be right in what he says about our manager. He's not an employee of LCFC and has said some pretty favourable stuff about the club in the past.

Of course some can say he shouldn't comment but he's as much entiteld to air his opinion as any of us on here and probably knows a lot more about the game than most of us.

• Like 4

We know Kasper wants to play at the highest level. It doesn’t appear he has the opportunity to do so in England and Peter said that he doesn’t fancy a move abroad, therefore he’ll be staying here.

Peter’s interview pretty much tells me that he believes Puel is gone in the Summer and this whole ‘mess’ will be sorted out, which I’m definitely happy about. Can’t see Kasper going anywhere and any unrest in the squad about the level we’re at etc will likely be pacified when he goes/If we get a proper replacement in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Goober said:

We know Kasper wants to play at the highest level. It doesn’t appear he has the opportunity to do so in England and Peter said that he doesn’t fancy a move abroad, therefore he’ll be staying here.

Peter’s interview pretty much tells me that he believes Puel is gone in the Summer and this whole ‘mess’ will be sorted out, which I’m definitely happy about. Can’t see Kasper going anywhere and any unrest in the squad about the level we’re at etc will likely be pacified when he goes/If we get a proper replacement in.

That interview says to me, like anyone you want to try yourself at a bigger or more elite level however hes happy here. 

He/and or Kasper doesn't have any faith in Puel and we are destined for big things which we are if we keep our current squad together. Personally I'm Puel in, I can see the bigger picture of how its unfolding at our club. Will Puel be the man to take us to those places? Probably not.

• Like 4

On 12/02/2019 at 14:56, Jimmy said:

if you went down the league table asking the question would they swap their keeper for Kasper I doubt there would be as many as you seem to think

And I’d say vice versa if someone was asking would we swap Kasper for any of the sides in the league bar a few. 

• Like 1

Ready for a few pelters here as Kasper has been great for us and is a fantastic leader on and off the pitch but if I was manager, now is the time to sell Kasper and go and pluck Jack Butland from Championship obscurity. Right time and at a reduced transfer fee and for me he will clearly be England's best goalkeeper over the next 10 years.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

And I’d say vice versa if someone was asking would we swap Kasper for any of the sides in the league bar a few. 

But remember it’s the in thing these days to completely disregard the ability of our pro’s especially the longer serving ones because it’s cool

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bert said:

But remember it’s the in thing these days to completely disregard the ability of our pro’s especially the longer serving ones because it’s cool

I don't think that's the case, more people trying to assess them based on current ability and performances rather than reputation and achievements. I think we'd struggle to do much better than Kasper but in reality he's a good mid-table keeper and there's really not much between him and the likes of Heaton, Fabianski, Patricio and so on. 

Been away all week so haven't read all through this thread.

For me, if a player is unhappy he should go ASAP. No point in a player unsettling others.

However, much as I like Kasper and hope his father's comments were bull, I really can't see how he can improve on what he has here, unless he moves to Europe. The top 6 all have as good, or better keepers than Kasper. And I doubt the other teams around us feel him to be a great improvement on what they have, especially as he'd be expensive to buy and on high wages with us.

As I read in a post above, I agree family members should stop mouthing off about players. It's not a father's/wife's/partners job to get involved. If a player is unhappy he should have the balls to talk things through with the manager, not moan though family or press.

On 15/02/2019 at 14:09, Guest said:

I don't think that's the case, more people trying to assess them based on current ability and performances rather than reputation and achievements. I think we'd struggle to do much better than Kasper but in reality he's a good mid-table keeper and there's really not much between him and the likes of Heaton, Fabianski, Patricio and so on. 

I think most would think Heaton  is currently best in the premier

On 15/02/2019 at 12:52, Dave Fishwick said:

Butland has regressed massively

If we are looking at a young keeper I would be trying to sign Dean Henderson, who looks the real deal and will be making England squads in the not so near future

What are you basing that on? He’s still getting rave reviews from Stoke fans and some of the saves he has made this season have been incredible. Still young in terms of goalkeeping age but has awesome physical attributes and will be the best England goalkeeper over the next 10 years. He’d definitely fit our hopefully young vibrant team identity.

On 15/02/2019 at 07:42, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Ready for a few pelters here as Kasper has been great for us and is a fantastic leader on and off the pitch but if I was manager, now is the time to sell Kasper and go and pluck Jack Butland from Championship obscurity. Right time and at a reduced transfer fee and for me he will clearly be England's best goalkeeper over the next 10 years.

Don't agree with the selling Kasper part, he's a hero for us. However if he did go, Butland should be target #1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/02/2019 at 14:07, Bert said:

or because they are getting old and their ability is declining. There are some on here that think the title winning team (apart from Drinky and Schlupp) should play for us until they're 65.

There's been lots of talk recently about potentially selling Maguire in the summer in order to free up some spending money - as noted by many others, we have adequate backup at centre back, especially with the potential return of Benkovic.

It may be an unpopular opinion but I feel like selling Schmeichel could also potentially be a good move. If his father's claims are to be believed then he may well want a new challenge anyway and we could get a fair price for him.

As a side note, this potentially leaves only Vardy remaining from the 'old guard' in the starting XI, I think there could be very little resistance to Puel executing his vision - due to less 'player power' that we see from the likes of bigger clubs like Chelsea (and even ourselves back with Claudio).

Judging from his brief appearances in the cups, Ward would make a fine replacement and to be honest I'd be glad to see fewer hoofs out to Chilwell every single goal kick just for us to lose the ball straight away.

the comment in Peter's interview that annoys me the most is where he basically said Kasper is staying here because he knows he's not going to start for the top 6 clubs, If I were in charge and heard/read that I would want answers for Kasper and if true I would have to strongly consider selling as he isn't here because he wants to be, he's settling, no players should be here because they are settling for us.

I don't even mind being used as a stepping stone

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the comment in Peter's interview that annoys me the most is where he basically said Kasper is staying here because he knows he's not going to start for the top 6 clubs, If I were in charge and heard/read that I would want answers for Kasper and if true I would have to strongly consider selling as he isn't here because he wants to be, he's settling, no players should be here because they are settling for us.

I don't even mind being used as a stepping stone

We would hardly have any decent players then.

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think we would have plenty that are here to earn that move to the top 6 or Euro giants, same as any other club around our level

Sorry I misread your post, so you don't mind us being used as a stepping stone to clubs above us that would want our players, but any player that is only staying here because the top 6 don't want him should be binned? There's a fine line there that is almost impossible to administer. Do we have to seek whether our players are desirable to establish whether we should want to keep them or not? The fact is a lot of our players if they really were courted by the top 6 would be tempted to go if we agreed a fee, that's the way of the world. As long as they give their all for us when they are here and we fight to protect our long term ambitions as much as possible then it's inevitable.

Schmeichel has been a model professional here, I don't see what the issue is with him? If he does want to leave though in the next year or so then i'd not stand in his way, he's been an unbelievable servant for us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry I misread your post, so you don't mind us being used as a stepping stone to clubs above us that would want our players, but any player that is only staying here because the top 6 don't want him should be binned? There's a fine line there that is almost impossible to administer. Do we have to seek whether our players are desirable to establish whether we should want to keep them or not? The fact is a lot of our players if they really were courted by the top 6 would be tempted to go if we agreed a fee, that's the way of the world. As long as they give their all for us when they are here and we fight to protect our long term ambitions as much as possible then it's inevitable.

Schmeichel has been a model professional here, I don't see what the issue is with him? If he does want to leave though in the next year or so then i'd not stand in his way, he's been an unbelievable servant for us.

If we have ambitiin we should not sell to to 6.. or we create further gap.

Meanwhile kasper os not goubg to a too 6 club. ... he is a giid keeper and u want him to stay.... but he wouldn't start for too 6 club

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If we have ambitiin we should not sell to to 6.. or we create further gap.

Meanwhile kasper os not goubg to a too 6 club. ... he is a giid keeper and u want him to stay.... but he wouldn't start for too 6 club

Well said, officer Crabtree ?

5CC289AD-4650-4B55-AA94-34402998FAB2.gif

• Like 1