Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

6 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Actually unbelievable some of our fans would rather get rid of players who have done so much for this club, in order to keep a second class manager like Puel.

I know what you mean but can see the other side too. It's just happening far too often now, ever since we won the league. The senior players seem to try and get rid of the manager or second guess every move then throw a strop to get him removed. Not just Puel, it's every manager since Pearson including Ranieri who also did so much for the club. It's not necessarily a defence of Puel it's that it has happened way too much and is something we need out of the club. As good as the unity was during the title win, since then the atmosphere has turned toxic far too often.

If Kasper's dad is relaying how he feels then he would leave us for any of the big 6 right away if he could but can't because they have better Keeper's so he wouldn't play. Yet he still feels it's ok to try and get a mutiny against the manager going. I love Kasper but if that is true and the old guard have that much power over the club then we do need to start moving them on as quickly as possible regardless of who the next manager might be or if Puel stays. They only have a couple of years left anyway. The young players who are our future seem to like Puel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s simple. Puel is the manager for better or for worse. The CLUB decided this. Do the players think they know better?

if so, regardless of what they have done in the PAST, don’t let ethe door hit you on the way out.

This is Leicester City FC, not Vardy/Schmeichel/etc FC.

Back the club, not the player.

Spit on!

• Haha 1

I'll be disappointed in Puel if Kasper isn't dropped for the next game. Regardless of whether or not Peter's views represent Kasper's this lack of professionalism needs to be reigned in as it sets a precedent for others. Peter more than anyone should know that such comments have consequences, after all Fergie most certainly wouldn't have tolerated this. Some might view it as being harsh on Kasper, but if he's going to be annoyed with anyone he needs to have a strong word with his dad and warn him of his conduct in public.

Edited by ian_marshall

55 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He keeps on playing to a really high level, but some of our fans would rather get rid of kasper and Vardy in preference of Puel.

It's not that simple. What happens if we get rid of Puel and the same thing happens to the next manager? The players seem to have, or think they have way too much power. Something needs to be done to address that. If it was simply a choice of Kasper and Vardy or Puel, I would bin Puel in a heartbeat, but if it's a choice between Leicester City F.C  and Kasper or Vardy then it's a no brainer. 2 of my favorite players ever but don't let the door hit your arse on the way out if it's negatively impacting our club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s simple. Puel is the manager for better or for worse. The CLUB decided this. Do the players think they know better?

if so, regardless of what they have done in the PAST, don’t let ethe door hit you on the way out.

This is Leicester City FC, not Vardy/Schmeichel/etc FC.

Back the club, not the player.

I think we will see how much the club back Puel come the end of the season. :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I'll be disappointed in Puel if Kasper isn't dropped for the next game. Regardless of whether or not Peter's views represent Kasper's this lack of professionalism needs to be reigned in as it sets a precedent for others. Peter more than anyone should know that such comments have consequences, after all Fergie most certainly of wouldn't have tolerated this. Some might view it as being harsh on Kasper, but if he's going to be annoyed with anyone he needs to have a strong word with his dad and warn him of his conduct in public.

You can’t blame kasper for his dad doing his job though? He’s there to give his opinion and he did. He didn’t say anything that half our fan base didn’t already beleive

I think we should just take names out of this for a moment. In whatever field you work if you are a manager a large proportion of your job is managing people. For the workforce it is about adapting to possibly new management techniques. A good manager will understand how to get the best out of his/her team. The best way for all is a symbiosis but of course this is not always possible. So in a usual context it is likely that the employee/s who is/are not liking/responding to the manager will seek to leave or be told to leave. In football however, the normal work place dynamic is turned on its head. In almost all cases the players, and especially the best/key players, are more important to the club both in terms of perfomances on it and in in terms of monetary value. Hence what has happened at Man Utd and it hasn't worked out too badly there.

Of course very very few on here have the slightest idea what is going on but there has now been a number of these such incidents as well as "stories" from what I think most on here would consider to be reputable journalists to indicate that all is not well.

It will not be long before the majority of the squad that won the league will either have left or been sold.

To those just wishing to get rid of senior players I say be careful what you wish for. I hear the arguments that so and so can just be replaced, well the truth is they can't. As we have seen with Mahrez, we haven't and aren't able to replace that level of player at a club such as ours.

The same rationale of course applies to replacing the manager, the next may be worse, though he is probaly cheaper to replace.

On the pitch we look like a team that badly needs to keep its leaders. We have very few of them. It is all well and good playing youngsters with their unbounded enthusiasm but sometimes enthusiasm is not enough.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It was proved beyond all doubt under Shakespeare that we and they can't play that game anymore. If they can't adapt it's time for them to move on sadly. Either way, none of them should be allowed to dictate anything like tactics,  style of play or team selection. 

Under Shakespeare at the start of last season we didn't have a midfield because we sold drinky, didn't complete Silva in time and Iborra wasn't fit. I don't think it's a coincidence that results picked up when Iborra started to play (which just happened to be when Claude came in). It wasn't the style of play that was the issue, a lack of midfield (the exact same issue claude has created playing mendy and ndidi together every week) has been our issue consistently. Games are won and lost in the midfield, and lately we lose. 

Edited by cal21212121

If Kasper wants a move to a club that is playing in Europe then he needs to learn to come off his line from time to time. First goal yesterday, best keepers comes out and deal with it, same with the first goal at wolves. Capable of some outstanding saves but not in the top bracket of keepers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

I think we will see how much the club back Puel come the end of the season. :thumbup:

Yup - if he goes, so be it - but as long as its THE CLUB'S decision, I am good with that :thumbup:

• Like 1

More bother ...   caused by Scmeichel senior sticking his big fat red nose in ...  why does he have to gob off ..   stfu !

And despite some of us now having a downer on Kasper because of this and pointing out some of his faults, he is an asset to our club and a very strong presence at the back ..   it’s like having two captains and should not be underestimated.   Hope he sees out his career here. 

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

One thing not to be forgotten is that we are also

dealing with a generational change here with millennials coming thorough. They think they can change the world in an instant.

The players being millennials do you mean? The situation is what it is, it shouldn’t be a situation of players having an input in managerial decisions, lineups, tactics or anything else. It undermines the entire setup.

Vardy, Kasper & Morgan all for me can leave if they’re considering themselves bigger than the club. 

Sack Puel & side with the players, then try and attract another good manager. Laughable really to think it’s attractive to anyone in the managerial world.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He keeps on playing to a really high level, but some of our fans would rather get rid of kasper and Vardy in preference of Puel.

He hasn't played at a "really high level" very often in his whole career. He makes the most of what he has but he's nothing more than an above average Prem keeper. He has many weaknesses that were masked for a while by Robert Huth and now by Jonny Evans. Despite all the paper talk over the years I've never actaully heard of any concrete offer from any club, let alone a decent club. We are the best he could hope for - maybe an Everton at lower wages. If he's not happy then he should leave, we'll get by fine.

I've never understood him being captain either. He really doen't have leadership skills and only makes a noise when he's trying to cover up one of his mistakes.

Replace him with Ward for the next few games and listen to offers over the summer.

Kasper and vardy are allowed to have an opinion into whether they buy into Puels tactics, it's Puels job to convince them it's the way to go, if he fails at that that's Puels fault and so he should act accordingly whatever he thinks is the right way to go, I'm astonished at people disrespting these players, I think they care about the club and it was them that brought us the ultimate season. It's not like they've downed tools which it seems a lot of teams do now. Puel could be a Jose situation, Utd players didn't buy into him, he got sacked and look at them now.

Forgot to say no one knows whether Kasper wanted his dad saying what he did so you can't criticise him for that

Edited by splinterdream

15 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I would think any player worth his salt would be looking at the situation, noting where the Club have fallen to in the League and had a chat with their agent.

We’re a point behind 9th, you’re surely being a touch dramatic? Everton (9th) have played an extra game too.

Edited by SheppyFox

If the player power rumours are true and the players win this little dispute resulting in Puels demise, what do you think potential managerial targets will think when we approach them? 

It’s a cul de sac, a dead end. Bin Kasper and Vardy if this is true and let’s properly evolve with quality players like Ricardo as our shining stars.

44 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The guy is a Leicester City icon and our longest serving player when King leaves, but this is piss poor from him and his dad.

I'd say there are two or three keepers outside of the top 6 that are better than him.

Heaton for me. As good as Kasper is, if not better. But because he plays for Burnley people will disagree.