Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Cardiff Away post match 1-0

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, Chilwell and Mendy were outstanding. But really, every player was. 

To a man they were all excellent but Puel also deserves great credit for the way we played.

I really enjoyed Gray's interplay in the middle and his movement all game was really good. Especially the way he showed for the defender, Then cut inside and lost him for the Goal.

Ricardo is now getting stronger and looked a lot better both in defense and attack.

Kasper was very strong in Goal and Vardy unlucky up top.

But a great performance all round and they done the Boss proud.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

To a man they were all excellent but Puel also deserves great credit for the way we played.

I really enjoyed Gray's interplay in the middle and his movement all game was really good. Especially the way he showed for the defender, Then cut inside and lost him for the Goal.

Ricardo is now getting stronger and looked a lot better both in defense and attack.

Kasper was very strong in Goal and Vardy unlucky up top.

But a great performance all round and they done the Boss proud.

Thought we looked a lot more composed when Evans was on the ball/pitch as well him and Morgan was solid

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Thought we looked a lot more composed when Evans was on the ball/pitch as well him and Morgan was solid

Yes they were both solid in the center but I rally liked Evans movement when he came forward for free kicks and corners.

He was anticipating where the ball was likely to go and nearly scored on a few occasions.

I know it was only Cardiff but it shows the improvement we're making all over the pitch and shows a lot of promise for the future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo was superb today

Yes he was, He's looking stronger physically which is credit to the fitness staff.

What made a big difference as I said already was Grays movement along with Maddisons in the middle.

One or the other kept offering themselves by making triangles along with Albrighton.

If they can keep that up while improving further someone will soon take a pasting.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So proud of them. I tell you what brought a whole new level of sadness was seeing Andy King. Sadly, he's unable to get out there on the pitch to honour Vichai and that must hurt him. 

Absolutely, Was close to bawling again seeing him on the pitch at the end.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo was superb today

Made a few rash decisions but the improvement was noticeable. Using his body better, some food positioning and generally picking his moments to go for the ball a lot better. Crap for Amartey but a good chance for RP to get up to speed with the Prem.

• Like 1

phil-thompson-football-expert-opinion_2977119.jpg?20130723162849

Phil Thompson 

Football Expert  @Phil_Thompson4

Lee Probert should be ashamed of Demarai Gray booking, says Phil Thompson

Gray was booked for removing his shirt after scoring at Cardiff

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12037/11544215/lee-probert-should-be-ashamed-of-demarai-gray-booking-says-phil-thompson

1 minute ago, davieG said:
phil-thompson-football-expert-opinion_2977119.jpg?20130723162849

Phil Thompson 

Football Expert  @Phil_Thompson4

Lee Probert should be ashamed of Demarai Gray booking, says Phil Thompson

Gray was booked for removing his shirt after scoring at Cardiff

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12037/11544215/lee-probert-should-be-ashamed-of-demarai-gray-booking-says-phil-thompson

Hmmm. Tricky one. You could see Probert didn't want to book him. Flip side is bearing in mind how inconsistent refs are, at least he was correct by the letter of the law.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’ve been on the Chilwell bandwagon since he was barely getting a sniff in league matches behind Fuchs (you’ll just have to take my word for that), but I think it would be hard to overstate his value to the side right now.  The amount of north-south ground he covers on the pitch is astonishing, and so is his energy level.  Is anyone in English football more a factor box to box right now?

Tell you what. I’ll gladly eat a large slice of humble pie. Because  I can’t ever remember a player progressing more from one season to the next.  The lad has been a revelation this season, an England call up is no less than he deserves. I just hope we can hold on to him. 

• Like 1

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Hmmm. Tricky one. You could see Probert didn't want to book him. Flip side is bearing in mind how inconsistent refs are, at least he was correct by the letter of the law.

As Thompson said though he should have risked a telling off from his bosses.

Just now, davieG said:

As Thompson said though he should have risked a telling off from his bosses.

But then people would be moaning that he wasn't upholding the letter of the law and allowing circumstance and sentiment to affect his work?

Look at Demi's reaction; he was completely accepting of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

But then people would be moaning that he wasn't upholding the letter of the law and allowing circumstance and sentiment to affect his work?

Look at Demi's reaction; he was completely accepting of it.

Shame he didn’t follow the letter of the law with the penalty and red card, how could he miss that?

• Like 2