Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Cardiff Away post match 1-0

You've all said it. Proud.

I'm a nervous wreck. We started, as you might expect, uncertain. We played ourselves into form and were the better side. Scored an excellent goal (excellent tackling back from Vardy BTW) and saw the game out relatively comfortably. All in all, a superb performance under the circumstances.

But my word are Cardiff poor. Clueless and one track. 

May well be key to stabilising the players heads a bit. I know the slack is off somewhat with results this season, but I think Vichai would have wanted us to have carried on professionally and achieve the most we can this season. Let’s hope this is the start of some much needed consistency so we have live up to the ambitions of the man!

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Great performance from every single player.  To me it felt a bit like the title winning year, we didn't dominate and we allowed them a few shots but I didn't really feel worried at any point, I just kinda knew we would win.  I wonder if defensively we are tighter without Maguire?  I know that sounds mental and he might be my favourite player but in terms of backs against the wall defending and if you take the defensive part of the game only (he is clearly the best CB we have in terms of playing forwards) we probably don't miss him.  I love him though, not a dig at all and still one of the first names on the team sheet.  X

I thought exactly the same and although i would hate to lose him, if the 'inevitable' happens i think we will be just fine when we recall our new young Croatian, Benkovic. Speedy and great defensively but also offers alot going forward. And did in fact score today. 

• Like 1

Excellent performance and outcome in the circumstances.

Looked a bit fragile early on, but largely controlled the match for the last hour and deserved the win.

Looked good in possession second half.

I'm sure it will do them good and relax some of the stress, having got that match under their belt.

Just so glad, too, that nothing disastrous happened, like someone getting a red card or missing a penalty on such a big occasion - or Cardiff provoking incidents (not unknown for Warnock - but no complaints about him or his crew today).

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I thought exactly the same and although i would hate to lose him, if the 'inevitable' happens i think we will be just fine when we recall our new young Croatian, Benkovic. Speedy and great defensively but also offers alot going forward. And did in fact score today. 

Just keep in mind that today's opponent wasn't exactly Man City in terms of attacking prowess.

Proud of you all, staff,players and of all of us fans who was both there and not there today.

special mention for puel for putting Simpson on.

mr chairman thanks for everything, we will be the club that you and your family deserve.

please watch over us and take care.

Such relief to get that win after the most awful of weeks. Well done, lads. I'm sure Vichai would have been proud of you and that Top will be too.

Safe flight to Bangkok and back. Look forward to seeing you for one last collective emotional tribute at the King Power next Saturday.