Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Cardiff Away post match 1-0

Super proud of our team today. So hard to play in a game like that and we got through it and got a result. Understandably flat start and the referee dropping a huge clanger on half time must have been even more galling to take. But we turned it on second half to get ahead and we had fantastic resilience at the back to keep a clean sheet.

I was impressed by Chilwell and Gray today. Given they are so young and were bit-part players in the title winning season, they showed massive cojones today. They both seem to have the Leicester spirit that made us so strong. For Gray especially, perhaps it will be a moment that helps him kick on. Given he's been out injured, he was impactful today and had a good game.

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Magnificent stuff from everyone involved today. Demarai Gray had one of his best ever games for and Ben Chilwell has turned into a complete full back. Did the boss proud. Well done lads. :scarf:

I still feel they have top top class potential. Really do believe they could be up there with the best in the League. 

Massive appreciation to all the players and staff there. That can't have been easy. There were trying times in the game as well. I refuse to be drawn in commenting directly on the ref, but I do want to comment on our players' reactions. They stuck at it and played in the right way.

• Like 1

Great performance from every single player.  To me it felt a bit like the title winning year, we didn't dominate and we allowed them a few shots but I didn't really feel worried at any point, I just kinda knew we would win.  I wonder if defensively we are tighter without Maguire?  I know that sounds mental and he might be my favourite player but in terms of backs against the wall defending and if you take the defensive part of the game only (he is clearly the best CB we have in terms of playing forwards) we probably don't miss him.  I love him though, not a dig at all and still one of the first names on the team sheet.  X