Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LesterHall

An outsider's view on LCFC

2 hours ago, LesterHall said:

Thank you all! @urban.spaceman Yes, it's my actual name. @marbles Near Boston, MA.

Boston is a fantastic place to visit.  Loved it there.

In fact, I was walking down the sidewalk, pavement, as it is in 2009 and an American bloke said to me "what in the hell are you wearin'?"

I was in an LCFC shirt as it so happens.

Spread the word, we're massive.  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LesterHall said:

Thank you all! @urban.spaceman Yes, it's my actual name. @marbles Near Boston, MA.

Ayup meduck :scarf:. I'm in North Easton MA.

You are now an honorary Chissit.  

Apparently named by the retailers of Skegness, because we frequently asked "how much chissit?" 

Chissit is also a language:)

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Boston is a fantastic place to visit.  Loved it there.

In fact, I was walking down the sidewalk, pavement, as it is in 2009 and an American bloke said to me "what in the hell are you wearin'?"

I was in an LCFC shirt as it so happens.

Spread the word, we're massive.  :thumbup:

Was it the 08-09 shirt you were wearing by chance? 

If so I don’t think he was asking out of curiosity.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LesterHall said:

I'm in the US and fell in love with football this summer watching the World Cup. When it ended, I started watching and reading about all the European football I could. I've been enjoying it all, and at the same time slowly narrowing down the options until I find the right team to support. I love good counterattacking play and a good underdog story, so as of a month ago I had narrowed it down to three: Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, and Leicester City.

Then the tragedy at the King Power happened, followed by two weeks of nothing like I have ever seen in the sporting world. I was completely moved by the photos of shirts and scarfs from all teams left outside the KP, by the midnight appearance of an actual fox, by to two gutty performances on the pitch surrounding a whirlwind trip to Thailand, by videos of Jamie Vardy and his wife grieving for their friend and chairman, by the raw emotion of the LCFC podcast hosts, and most of all by the true love shown for Khun Vichai by LCFC supporters on this message board and at the stadium on Saturday. 

In the last two weeks, you all have shown your true class and humanity. In my opinion, the Leicester City community is everything a sporting community should be. If you would have me, I would be honored to join you as a LCFC supporter.

If you have a son..call him  "ice"

They are the letters, missing in your name...

Leicester...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LesterHall said:

I've actually been to Leicester MA near Worcester. So with your name and having another Leicester in your state there really was only one choice ?? :scarf: Though we could fit the entire population of Leicester MA in one of our stands ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LesterHall said:

You're from Bahston and (1) picked an underdog club, (2) based in part on the class shown by the supporters?  lol

You are clearly a very independent thinker, with taste that rises well above the crowd.  Well played!

My interest began when the club were drop-bound at Christmas all of four years ago.  But it feels like ages.

It's some kind of dog years thing.  What takes seven years to happen to a normal club, only takes one year for Foxes.  You will cram extra lifetimes' worth of fan experience in by following this club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

You're from Bahston and (1) picked an underdog club, (2) based in part on the class shown by the supporters?  lol

You are clearly a very independent thinker, with taste that rises well above the crowd.  Well played!

Is that a thinly veiled shot at the Patriots and their fans? If so, I'd have to agree with you.

52 minutes ago, LesterHall said:

Is that a thinly veiled shot at the Patriots and their fans? If so, I'd have to agree with you.

Who said I'm leaving out Sox and Celtics fans?  :ph34r:

But I digress.  Welcome, you'll enjoy the Club, hope you enjoy FT as well.  It's a real means of connection for stateside supporters, both expats and the likes of you and me.

• Like 1

@LesterHall Welcome! If you go to the LCFC web site you can become an international member (for a small fee) ? If you sign up they’ll send you a LCFC scarf, for those chilly MA winters, and some other bits and pieces. Also, if you ever get the chance to get to the UK you can enter a ballot for the opportunity to buy tickets.

???

Edited by Califoxia
  • Thanks 1