Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Steve Walsh

12 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Strange how fans always seem to want people back that worked here, yes he did well finding two exceptional talented individual players Kante and Mahrez but what about the rubbish he helped sign or all the gems he didn't discover. Just because he happened to unearth these two great signings we should automatically have him back even if he has done rubbish at other clubs!. if he is what the club needs and he wants to come back fine. if the club don't want him fine again but let's not make out like he is some sort of messiah or something and bringing him back he will unearth more incredible players!.

All is forgiven

image.thumb.png.388c8634e2650e02e3cdda72609ba820.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Strange how fans always seem to want people back that worked here, yes he did well finding two exceptional talented individual players Kante and Mahrez but what about the rubbish he helped sign or all the gems he didn't discover. Just because he happened to unearth these two great signings we should automatically have him back even if he has done rubbish at other clubs!. if he is what the club needs and he wants to come back fine. if the club don't want him fine again but let's not make out like he is some sort of messiah or something and bringing him back he will unearth more incredible players!.

There couldn't have been that many. Look how successful that whole period was for us!

• Like 1

I think the secret was the team of Pearson , Shakespeare and Walsh together with possibly different approaches yet the ability to bounce off each other. None of them individually have been a success since on their own have they. Right team at the right time at the right club, very special. Time moves on though and so do we. Macia appears to have made some decent recruitment decisions along with the odd dud, but there's always going to be an element of risk, particularly with foreign players for numerous reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This is the main quality of Walsh and Pearson when they were signing players. They kept to a budget and knew when a deal wasn’t worth doing.  

Theres the example of Cornelius when he went Cardiff. We were willing to pay £1 million but Cardiff went got him for millions more. We simply said he’s not worth it and walked away. Look at we spent ages debating the Ulloa price

Youll have people list Neilson, McGivern, Solano, Upson, N’Guessan, Hamer as failures but they cost us naff all. 

Kermo was decent

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think the secret was the team of Pearson , Shakespeare and Walsh together with possibly different approaches yet the ability to bounce off each other. None of them individually have been a success since on their own have they. Right team at the right time at the right club, very special. Time moves on though and so do we. Macia appears to have made some decent recruitment decisions along with the odd dud, but there's always going to be an element of risk, particularly with foreign players for numerous reasons.

Brillant post, I never looked at that angle where the 3 of them worked together better than each of them working alone, Steve Walsh at Everton - Shakespeare at Leicester - Pearson at Derby. 

Let's bring Steve and Shakespeare back! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Brillant post, I never looked at that angle where the 3 of them worked together better than each of them working alone, Steve Walsh at Everton - Shakespeare at Leicester - Pearson at Derby. 

Let's bring Steve and Shakespeare back! 

In theory you'd think it would be a good idea but I don't think so in reality. I think the set up was of it's particular spot in time at a particular stage of the clubs development and we've now moved on somewhat and that's not meant with any disrespect to them and we should be forever grateful for their unique contribution on our journey. Having also been there during the O'Neil era, I have similar thoughts about him. He gave us some special times but nostalgia is not a good maxim for picking a new manager.

For what it's worth, at this particular moment in time, I feel a period of stability with the experienced head of Puel is what we need. Not unlike Pearson, I think he's had to swing the hatchet a bit after the removal of Ranieri and Shakespeare which wouldn't make him the most popular of men in some quarters. A change of style was needed because however successful it had been, we no longer had the players to fulfil it. At one point he had a mish mosh bunch of ill matching players, albeit quite a few individuals were very talented. He's now had one transfer window and is also trying to incorporate youth. There were to be no quick fix throw money at it solutions to our problems. To change again midstream could do a lot of damage and cause more confusion. New manager, new style more new players? Recipe for disaster at the moment imo, just a little bit of patience is required. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looking at the mess he made at Everton, his best years are behind him.  Leicester really needs to leave the ghosts of 2015/2016 behind and start looking at fresh opportunities.   In the summer a major re-build will take place and it goes without saying this requires astute scouting and recruitment.  So if Macia has gone, his replacement will be incredibly important for us. This wasting of millions needs to stop.

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Looking at the mess he made at Everton, his best years are behind him.  Leicester really needs to leave the ghosts of 2015/2016 behind and start looking at fresh opportunities.   In the summer a major re-build will take place and it goes without saying this requires astute scouting and recruitment.  So if Macia has gone, his replacement will be incredibly important for us. This wasting of millions needs to stop.

It is funny that we seemed to think we need to rebuild one season after winning the league, as if it has been a decade. Ferguson didn’t rebuild his team every season. I still don’t understand why we had to clear out so many players so soon after winning. If we don’t hold on to our core, retain our special spirit which takes ages to develop and play our style, we are in danger of going back down to the Championship soon. We are good at playing fast pace counter attacking football. Keep that as our core. I was happy that Puel was trying to add new dimensions to our game, but until recently, he seemed to have forgotten what made us so special - to the point where we won the league with it. Every team nowadays wants to play possession based Man City style, but unless we have the millions they do, we can never get even close. Play to our strength but adjust along the way! (This is what Ranieri saw but unfortunately he faced the problem of players being too big headed after winning the league.) But we certainly don’t need a massive clearout quite a few fans want every season!

I like what Albrighton said. We are a family club with a special bond. Keep it that way.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

His sig ings are actually not proving to be as bad as they looked last season, funny how things can change after giving players time and the right environment.

Their biggest problem was not replacing Lukaku and bringing in 3 very similar players in Sigurdsson, Klaasen and Rooney. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His sig ings are actually not proving to be as bad as they looked last season, funny how things can change after giving players time and the right environment.

Their biggest problem was not replacing Lukaku and bringing in 3 very similar players in Sigurdsson, Klaasen and Rooney. 

Rooney was kenrights signing and Klaasen was Koemans .........

On 18/11/2018 at 07:36, Izzy said:

I didn't even realise The People was still a paper. Thought it disappeared years ago

I hadnt missed it till you mentioned it.  It was kind of a cross between the mirror and star... a kind of socially aware choice with hirls in bikinis.... not politically cirrect for the aspiring politically correct.  I wonder who it was aimed at? My nan read it!

Edited by foxinsocks

I think he did a good job for us... but i wonder if the world if football scouting is changing... do you need new networks to deal with the proactive agents offering players from Africa or iberia at big prices.

Further we need to slowly shift our terms... re: esape clauses or even players agitating for moves.. or even loger option periods to roll deals on

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

How many are starting now?

The everton thing is a lesson to all of us... the rush to turn money into performance is alchemy. ... as too many new faces causes indigestion.   wolves have seemly avoided this.  For us it took about 7 years. 

Ps... ours was not a poor record as we moved up from div 1 there had to be personnel changes

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

Wasn’t he director of football at Everton not head scout? Funny how here we slag Puel off for making a mess of everything then at Everton we’re slagging the director of football off for making a mess of everything I’m sure the manager would of wanted the players they got not just Walsh.

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think he did a good job for us... but i wonder if the world if football scouting is changing... do you need new networks to deal with the proactive agents offering players from Africa or iberia at big prices.

Further we need to slowly shift our terms... re: esape clauses or even players agitating for moves.. or even loger option periods to roll deals on

You are not wrong there.   I often wonder how Red Bull Salzburg seem to find so many gems and pay next to nothing.  They trawl Eastern Europe, Brasil and Africa for many of their players and any of their Duds are at least cheap ones.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You are not wrong there.   I often wonder how Red Bull Salzburg seem to find so many gems and pay next to nothing.  They trawl Eastern Europe, Brasil and Africa for many of their players and any of their Duds are at least cheap ones.

Thats my point... we need to work in these emerging areas.  I do value what walsh dud fir us... but i wonder if its a different game now. .. get the saltzburg guy?