Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Steve Walsh

He'd want to prove those Everton supporters wrong who constantly belittled him and wanted him rid on their forums over the past years. 

He would put a greater effort in his scouting to get good players in. I Think he would be great for us in picking players under the 10million mark. BRING HIM BACK

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leicester made a bid the year before (when Walsh was here alongside Ranieri) - Sporting wanted more and we didn't go back for him despite a named price. Same with Musa. 

A season later we go back in for Slimani and Musa when Walsh has left the club.....

Even more baffling with Slimani was as Babylon says, the club allowed a clause to expire which meant Sporting could name their price. 

Well we brought Slimani on deadline day and were trying to get Adrien Silva on the same day too. Likely we had a number of targets and thought the worst possible option would be to sign nobody. It was a mistake in hindsight but I can understand why it was done.

Slimani is a bit unfortunate because he scored goals for us, inluding a super vital one against Porto. But he's the expensive victim of a lack of planning and execution from the club. Luckily I think we have massively improved in this area, but the 15/16 transfer window of signing Slimani, Zieler, Hernandez, Musa, Kapustka and Mendy and letting Kante and Kramaric go is sadly the worst ever window we've had and a massively missed opportunity. Even the one partial success in Mendy didn't really get a look in for another two years.

Edited by StriderHiryu

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

letting Kante and Kramaric go 

We didn't let Kante go he forced us to put a release clause in his contract or he would not sign for us. He wanted to be at Chelsea from the start. 

With Kamaric hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm not saying he was given a fair chance with us. But in the time he was given he showed very little reason for us to keep him. 

• Like 3

Just now, sylofox said:

We didn't let Kante go he forced us to put a release clause in his contract or he would not sign for us. He wanted to be at Chelsea from the start. 

With Kamaric hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm not saying he was given a fair chance with us. But in the time he was given he showed very little reason for us to keep him. 

Well, he had a great chant for a start.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Disagree.

I thought Kramaric looked on a different level most of the time and it was the club's  fault for not playing to his strengths. 

Saying that, we then went on to win the league so can't complain too much! 

• Like 2

After seeing that newspaper cutting I'm assuming this is rubbish. If the quality of the source is as good as the article I'm assuming the source came from the slurred mumbling of a urinating city fan lurching his way home after a few too many. I chose to disregard some French Twitter account talking about Macia but believe The People talking about Walsh :facepalm:.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

You are right but just making the point that we lost one world class player and one that has gone on to become very good and in their place signed poor players. That only one of them is in the team / matchday squad says it all. 

Anyway no point crying over spilled milk. The thread is about Steve Walsh and given the incredible signings he made for us he'd be welcomed back by me!

20 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Quality rag :rolleyes:

AECDA676-0B06-42F9-8D28-1B373113B3C6.jpeg

I came on here to say we should employ Steve Walsh (Walshy as pictured) in some capacity just to confuse the press (again)

Joke ruined by the shitty standard of our press without even giving me a chance !

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well we brought Slimani on deadline day and were trying to get Adrien Silva on the same day too. Likely we had a number of targets and thought the worst possible option would be to sign nobody. It was a mistake in hindsight but I can understand why it was done.

Slimani is a bit unfortunate because he scored goals for us, inluding a super vital one against Porto. But he's the expensive victim of a lack of planning and execution from the club. Luckily I think we have massively improved in this area, but the 15/16 transfer window of signing Slimani, Zieler, Hernandez, Musa, Kapustka and Mendy and letting Kante and Kramaric go is sadly the worst ever window we've had and a massively missed opportunity. Even the one partial success in Mendy didn't really get a look in for another two years.

Seeing it written down actually makes you shudder. What a ****ing disgrace, even more so given we just won the ****ing league and in our strongest position ever to get good players.

In:

Slimani - had some potential but not in a fast paced counter attacking team. Therefore was a donkey in most games

Zieler - was always a clown, an utter mess of a GK, video below sums him up

Hernandez - not good enough, painfully average

Musa - Pace and nothing else, what were we thinking at 16 million?

Kapustka - Doesn't seem to have justified potential and failing to stand out in Belgian 2nd division

Mendy - has been injured for most of his time at LCFC

Out:

Kante - has won the league and the world cup since leaving

Kramaric - Now a regular in Croatian side world cup runners up and one of the better German teams.

FFS!

• Haha 1

I know people talk about "missed opportunity" singing calibre of players when we won the league but we're still Leicester City. One league title doesn't make us automatically attractive. Kante leaving the Champions of England for a team that finished 10th sums it up.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I know people talk about "missed opportunity" singing calibre of players when we won the league but we're still Leicester City. One league title doesn't make us automatically attractive. Kante leaving the Champions of England for a team that finished 10th sums it up.

I agree almost entirely. However, whilst winning the league didn't elevate us to anything other than an historically smallish team who won the league, we still made a shocking mess of recruitment. Most of us didn't expect superstars but there's still a feeling we should have done way better in the market than we did. It probably was a missed opportunity of sorts, just not as big an opportunity as many believed at the time. 

I'm with you that the title win gave most (probably all, if we're honest) of us more unrealistic views as supporters, though our following league campaign dampened a lot of that back down a little.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Seeing it written down actually makes you shudder. What a ****ing disgrace, even more so given we just won the ****ing league and in our strongest position ever to get good players.

In:

Slimani - had some potential but not in a fast paced counter attacking team. Therefore was a donkey in most games

Kapustka - Doesn't seem to have justified potential and failing to stand out in Belgian 2nd division

Out:

Kramaric - Now a regular in Croatian side world cup runners up and one of the better German teams.

FFS!

I wanted to react with both a laugh and a cry at this post! You've got to see the funny side because seeing the other side is too depressing!

On 19/11/2018 at 18:21, Arriba Los Zorros said:

In:

Out:

FFS!

It's a close run thing between Taylor's signings and Summer 2016 for the worst ever. The majority of 2016's were disastrous (Mendy has turned out somewhat good but 2 years out is enough to lump him in with the rest). Zieler might well be our worst ever keeper and yet he has a World Cup medal.

One thing they had in common was that they all came from abroad. Quite telling that we have signed some players English based in the last 2 summers since then.

Edited by Blue ROI

On 19/11/2018 at 18:41, Fox92 said:

Exactly this is really grinds my gears . Eveyone knows it was a one off  us winning the league and that we would  probable only be in Europe the one season . Yet some fans think because we won the league that all of a sudden world class players who are playing in teams that qualify for Europe season after season would jump at the chance  to come and play for Leicester . Yes we could have made better signings but saying we missed our opportunity is a bit of a joke  as none of the players probably wanted to come here as they also knew it was a one-off . 

• Like 1

On 19/11/2018 at 19:08, Max Wall said:

I agree almost entirely. However, whilst winning the league didn't elevate us to anything other than an historically smallish team who won the league, we still made a shocking mess of recruitment. Most of us didn't expect superstars but there's still a feeling we should have done way better in the market than we did. It probably was a missed opportunity of sorts, just not as big an opportunity as many believed at the time. 

I'm with you that the title win gave most (probably all, if we're honest) of us more unrealistic views as supporters, though our following league campaign dampened a lot of that back down a little.

This.

In the main, we just went and signed players we were linked with the year before (Slimani, Musa, Mendy). Potentially all could have been, or still could be in mendys case, good signings but no one of the calibre we expected.

I dont think it was too much to ask for us to go and get a better quality of player than we did.

But having said that we had Ranieri in full control by then. He didn't even want Kante. Don't remind anyone of that though, starts to ruin the fairytale.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

This.

In the main, we just went and signed players we were linked with the year before (Slimani, Musa, Mendy). Potentially all could have been, or still could be in mendys case, good signings but no one of the calibre we expected.

I dont think it was too much to ask for us to go and get a better quality of player than we did.

But having said that we had Ranieri in full control by then. He didn't even want Kante. Don't remind anyone of that though, starts to ruin the fairytale.

Thing is Ranieri's 2nd season was so bad it has ultimately put a slight dampener, or asterisk, on his achievements here. Ultimately it's not what he's remembered for and we love him for what he did and how brilliantly he managed a promising situation, but the 2nd season seriously exposed his flaws as a manager, and as a result a lot of fans wouldn't want to see him back as manager, which is crazy when you think we won the league under him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strange how fans always seem to want people back that worked here, yes he did well finding two exceptional talented individual players Kante and Mahrez but what about the rubbish he helped sign or all the gems he didn't discover. Just because he happened to unearth these two great signings we should automatically have him back even if he has done rubbish at other clubs!. if he is what the club needs and he wants to come back fine. if the club don't want him fine again but let's not make out like he is some sort of messiah or something and bringing him back he will unearth more incredible players!.

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

I would have Walsh back, I know we had a lot of rubbish signings during his time here but he did unearth some real gems... 

Did we have that many? We had a lot of free transfers that didn't work out, but when in that market you're going to. The paid for questionable signings were mostly after Ranieri came and the Pearson / Walsh trust was no longer there, or Walsh was gone completely.

• Like 3