Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Steve Walsh

7 hours ago, katieakita said:

Or more like Kante, Vardy and Mahrez we can all do the good player vs bad player thing and think history suggests he has scouted more good than bad players and with all scouts they don't sign the players they just spot them, they don't set the fee or the wages. We can think good or bad of him for trying something else but if he does not come back so be it and thanks for everything but if he does return absolutely get 100% behind him and the club

Oddly, he seemed to scout better in lower priced markets, could that just be a coincidence you think?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's had his day and would sooner recruit via the Jobcentre! 

Thought he'd moved to be nearer his family up North, was that an untruth then? After his complete balls up at Everton, it smacks of desparation. There doesn't seem to be any rumours of other clubs galloping after his signature?  

Well to help with player recruitment is different to his previous position of assistant manager...   there maybe some traveling of course but if you are coordinating a scouting network, there’s no reason that office can’t be in your own home for at least some of the time...

Edited by MPH

I'd have him back here.

I do wonder how much of Everton's wastage was his doing mind. Koeman does strike me as the type who'd whinge if they're not signing players even if they're well over-priced. Surely he can't have sanctioned that fee for Sigurdsson, good player but ****ing hell.

• Like 1

Everton 17/18 was a disaster all around, pinning the blame on any single person is puerile. Moshiri for splashing daft money and letting everyone know as well as appointing Walsh to a position he’d never previously held, Walsh would have been involved in most of the signings but wouldn’t have full autonomy that soon. On paper they’re not even that bad signings, Sandro had scored something like 17 goals in 36 games and  Vlasic was high upside gamble which has the hallmarks of a Walsh signing. Koeman probably wanted Klaasen and lost the plot mangerially.

Everton sacked their manager and director of football in the same season, then sacked their manager again at the end of the season. Blaming Walsh is like kicking the cat for the house being burgled.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, weller54 said:

smithy.png.2e071a5d34f64fa64a1f13f119794f0b.png

Foxy!

(Clever link)

19 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So he doesn’t want to be back ‘home’ with his family anymore then? :rolleyes:

You've obviously missed the club and media guff of the past couple of weeks. LCFC is family, moreso to many than blood and Flesh.

He left on good terms and to be closer to his family and home town. The guy obviously want to earn a crust and stay in te game so why not.

The former Manchester United boss believes Leicester City's key man in charge of recruitment, Steve Walsh, has had more of an impact than any player or coach

Sir Alex Ferguson claims Leicester City’s assistant manager and head of recruitment Steve Walsh has been the most influential person in the Premier League this season.

8 hours ago, shanetko said:

Embarrassing. How many basic things can you get wrong in one article?

As my dad used to say with the red tops you believe 3 things. 

1. The name

2. The date

3. The price

The other 99% take with a pinch of salt then forget it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

He only wanted to pay something like £10m for Slimani, who at that fee level would have been a great buy. It was Ranieri who wanted him even at the fee we paid. 

Either way Mahrez, Vardy and Kante far outweigh any of his signings that didn’t work out.

And what's the source of this? I ask because I doubt the club would sanction a transfer that was more than twice the amount the club's leading recruitment staff said he was worth.

It's much more believable that Ranieri wanted Slimani and left the rest up to Walsh & Co.

6 minutes ago, shen said:

And what's the source of this? I ask because I doubt the club would sanction a transfer that was more than twice the amount the club's leading recruitment staff said he was worth.

It's much more believable that Ranieri wanted Slimani and left the rest up to Walsh & Co.

Well the club definitely sanctioned a bid higher than the buy out clause he had at the start of the summer. We're talking about idiots that let that clause expire and then paid another £7m for him. Plus, this transfer happened after Walsh left. So you wonder whether there was in house disagreements on the player.

31 minutes ago, shen said:

Leicester made a bid the year before (when Walsh was here alongside Ranieri) - Sporting wanted more and we didn't go back for him despite a named price. Same with Musa. 

A season later we go back in for Slimani and Musa when Walsh has left the club.....

Even more baffling with Slimani was as Babylon says, the club allowed a clause to expire which meant Sporting could name their price.