Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Steve Walsh

1 minute ago, abdul_fox said:

Exactly.He's responsible for signing the likes of Wasyl, Cambiasso, Albrighton ,Fuchs, all on free transfers. I think Vardy, Huth, Morgan, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Simpson, Okazaki, and Kante combined cost around £22/23 million in total, :blink:  Exceptional recruitment. 

Exactly! I think to be fair not all were his signings. To be specific, I know that players from foreign countries he was responsible for... maybe in this country too, but definitely foreign signings. He found Knocky, found Mahrez when we went to watch another player (so recognised a player simply from seeing him once or twice), found Kante who went on to win a World Cup, when Ranieri brought in Inler as our marquee signing (lol!). Kramaric was definitely his and though he didn't work out here, look how he has progressed, played in a World Cup final! I also believe that Walsh was the person that pushed Chelsea to sign Drogba from Marseille too when he was there.

That is an absolutely insane record and more impressive considering he found many players who were essentially complete unknowns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

I can't understand the negativity. He was offered a promotion and more money to go to Everton. I think most of us would've done the same,  if given the opportunity. It never worked out, but if we have a role for him and he wants to come back,  I'd take him with open arms. 

Mate can I stop you there.  FT is no place for sense and rationality.  Be gone with you.  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cannot slag him off for the mess of recruitment in the summer of 2016, yes he scouted it them but he did not sign off on the prices

remember nigel saying we fancied that icelandic striker who cost Cardiff 9m but we valued him at 0.5m, his job was to find players and assign a value. He found the players, the someone else did the valuation as he was gone. Even saying that didn't we breakeven with Musa, who clearly is not as bad a player as he looked in a city shirt

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eblair said:

cannot slag him off for the mess of recruitment in the summer of 2016, yes he scouted it them but he did not sign off on the prices

remember nigel saying we fancied that icelandic striker who cost Cardiff 9m but we valued him at 0.5m, his job was to find players and assign a value. He found the players, the someone else did the valuation as he was gone. Even saying that didn't we breakeven with Musa, who clearly is not as bad a player as he looked in a city shirt

Four goals and three assists in eight games in the Saudi League. Musa and Kram.. the two that got away..

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

Good;

Vardy

Mahrez

Kante

Okazaki

Knockaert

Keane

Siggurdsson

Pickford

Debatable:

Kramaric

Rooney

Bad:

Musa

Slimani

Klassen

Vlasic

Ramerez

It’s not really that bad is it?!? 

Sigurdsson (40m) and Musa (got back our money) are debatable. 

Add Gueye to the good list and Bolasie to the bad list (we were linked with both right before he left). Also Lookman was his.

Didn't he leave partly because of not getting on with Ranieri? I remember being really annoyed about it at the time

Edited by brucey