Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

If you could pick a Leicester City all time 5 a-side, who would it be?

Ok so it’s international break haha...

but I am sticking to players I have seen play..

here’s my 5... Tim flowers, Walsh, Kante, Mahrez and Jari Litmanen. 

Only joking on the mighty Finn but it’s a bit of a toss up  between Lineker and Vardy..... Lineker is arguably a better goal scorer but Vardys hustle and bustle style is more suited to 5 a-side  maybe? Have to pick Vardy then!

Walsh gets in ahead of Maguire for me as he could pick a good shot with his feet..

got to be Ranieri as manager!

Edited by MPH

If the idea is to select a five-a-side team from current or former players who would work best as a five-a-side (as opposed to just five favourite players) then I would go with:

Kasper

Maguire

Kante

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Vardy, Lineker and Muzzy were the most difficult to omit. I think with the former though, that they might not be as useful on a small five-a-side pitch 

Schmeichel

Morgan

Kante

Mahrez

Arthur Chandler

Kasper for reflexes, Morgan to block everything and using his weight in the tight space to hold off, Kante to plug gaps, spring & nab, Mahrez for ripping lads in half and Chandler for booting the ball as hard as possible at the poor goalie's face from 10 yards and the 1920's grit

Edited by Jaspa

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Ok so it’s international break haha...

but I am sticking to players I have seen play..

here’s my 5... Tim flowers, Walsh, Kante, Mahrez and Jari Litmanen. 

Only joking on the mighty Finn but it’s a bit of a toss up  between Lineker and Vardy..... Lineker is arguably a better goal scorer but Vardys hustle and bustle style is more suited to 5 a-side  maybe? Have to pick Vardy then!

Walsh gets in ahead of Maguire for me as he could pick a good shot with his feet..

got to be Ranieri as manager!

I'd pick the team,that actually won it,and were always in the finals-day a few years ago..

Are we playing classic fives: Not allowed above head height, no slide tackles, not allowed in area, with walls?

Schmeichel

Kante

Izzett

Mahrez

Dickov

Subs:
Lennon

Vardy

Only players in my lifetime, I'm sure Banks and Shilton would be better keepers even in 5s.

Dickov ahead of Vardy  as he was better at finding space in tight areas and getting shots away, and was an absolute pest.